Franz Ferdinand

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have it and have heard it a couple times, but it hasn't grabbed me yet. I'm determined to keep at it though, because I really like the band and hope they become more popular in the States.

It's okay. I think bands like FF, Keane and Snow Patrol, The Killers are all very over-rated. I'm still trying to see what the fuss is about :shrug: :huh:

It's a good album. I don't know - i'm kind of on Franz overload right now, what with the NME Awards and the Brits and all the radio play they're getting.

It's worth having - although there's nothing on there that surpasses the singles. This Fire and Michael are the best tracks (in my opinion).

even take you out is still solid after all these listens.

i love it. and i love them. in a way that most of you could never understand.

yes.

the question is who doesn't have it. the answer would be me. i've heard it, i don't want it. it's not bad though. just not worth my money.

I have had the album for about a year and love it. They are a great band who I think will continue to get bigger and be around for a long time.

Zoomerang96 said:
even take you out is still solid after all these listens.

i love it. and i love them. in a way that most of you could never understand.

yes.

I understand completely.

Easily one of the best and most solid albums of last year. Easily.

:up:

I like it, it`s not as good as I thought it would be but it has some very good moments and it`s better than a lot of other new music that a lot of people call brilliant. There`s a whole "do the robot dance" vibe to the record on the riffs that annoy me after a while but at least it has a lot of electric guitar there. Some very good songs with good guitar riffs and catchy melodies. A good first record but not that genius.

Last edited:
Lara Mullen said:
It's okay. I think bands like FF, Keane and Snow Patrol, The Killers are all very over-rated. I'm still trying to see what the fuss is about :shrug: :huh:

All the garage rock has become old hat and now the mainstream needs a new kind of alt-rock to make people feel happy. In comes new wave/ post punk style rock with some dance rhythms. Am I wrong? :)

Lara Mullen said:

I've got to agree with Lara here. The tunes might be catchy, but it's just not my thing, I guess.

i like them a lot. they're the only new band i listen to. then again, that's because the only radio station i listen to is classic rock. i got into franz solely on word-of-mouth.

david said:
I'm seeing an emergence of bands that have a huge sound getting more popular.

The Arcade Fire for example.

The one song by the Arcade Fire that I caught on the radio I actually liked a lot - I think it may have been Rebellion(?). It sounds like they might have a lot of potential.

Last edited:
I endorse and support the purchase of the Franz Ferdinand album.

:up:

Last edited:
Lara Mullen said:

keane and snow patrol maybe but i think franz ferdinand and the Killers are great!!! they are better than alot of the new stuff, stuff heard on the radio atleast. them and the futureheads!

I thought it was a cool album. It's good that the band doesn't claim to be deep and rock'n'roll, and that they can embrace the fact that they write pop music.

It's meant to be fun to listen to and it is if you're in the right mood for it.

Needle_Chill said:
I thought it was a cool album. It's good that the band doesn't claim to be deep and rock'n'roll, and that they can embrace the fact that they write pop music.

What on earth is deep about rock and roll? Maybe that's not exactly what you're implying. Actually, what the heck is rock and roll? If Franz Ferdinand isnt rock, what music genre are they in? It's not like rock hasnt been part of the pop movement since the 1950's or anything....I just dont see how the 2 differ in a lot of ways. It's not like being a "pop group" somehow means that you arent a rock band. Anyways, I'm more or less talking to myself here. Good times.

Back
Top Bottom