Foulness, Essex Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jeez, he whinges cos no one's here, then he leaves me alone to do all the posting...

Men. :tsk:

Edit: Typical! He shows up just to prove the above post wrong...!

:wink:

I'm such an Assver.

No, I don't think it was particularly interesting, but I'm just too curious for my own good.

Watch me... it's a day for bizarre things. I practiced before!!

Ahh, of course, I should've known.

:ohmy: You practiced? Next thing I know, you'll be playing Bullet better than Adam!

Yeah, Ali seems to posting in Pleba. I was hoping she'd pop over here. :(

Hell if I know the dates yet. I'll ask my mum tomorrow. Probably sometime around mid-month. I don't actually remember that many bimbos on Long Island, which is where I stayed, but I'm sure everything goes on at night. When I was staying there were a bunch of American frat kids. We didn't have to see them all the time, though. I was mostly annoyed by how they pronounced things.

Aw, your name isn't that bad. Hell, if I remember right, you're two letters off from the Surrealist movement founder.

PLEBA is for fools. The Superthread is where it's at. Remember this, people. Remember this well. PLEBA DOES NOT HAVE RANDOM RANTS ABOUT PETER GARRETT.

Ahh, right. If it's about mid-month, I probably won't be there. :( I'm probably just going to go up for Christmas, then I'll stay in Mellabournikki for my birthday. Not sure if I'll return home before or after the new year. Probably before, just to avoid the festivities. God, I hate New Year's.

Who's this surrealist founder?

Nope, luckily. Mum says it hasn't really been bad on the Gold Coast; it's mostly wasted places up north. It helps that my mother's house - where I used to live - is up on a hill in a spot little threatened by flooding. Rising waters would have to be of Biblical proportions to trouble it, and it's not in a spot that would be affected by slips, though a few properties down the road could be screwed if the land decided that, no, it would actually prefer to be 50m closer to sea level.

Gravity's fun like that.

I'm glad she's in a pretty stable spot there. If it ever decides to rain in C'maine again, my parents are in a pretty good spot too, on the side of a hill.

I loved all the signs on the road between Cairns and Port Douglas, warning of possible rock falls... I dunno how you're supposed to prepare for those, exactly. Cos if a 50-tonne boulder plummets towards your car, you're not going to go, "gee, lucky I saw that sign, I'm fully prepared to magically transport my car out of harm's way".

My general, if limited impression of Queenslanders was quite positive, and I'm still impressed that NO ONE honked at me when I stalled the stupid hire car for a solid minute in the middle of Cairns at 5pm.

Ahh, of course, I should've known.

:ohmy: You practiced? Next thing I know, you'll be playing Bullet better than Adam!

Only if I can find a decent tab....!

I was playing Drowning Man and wondering how many songs there are where the bassline doesn't change all the way through, but the chords still change on top of it... I think MW is like that too, and maybe Heartland, aside from the chorusy bits...

Lazy basslines. :drool:

Gravity's fun like that.

I'm glad she's in a pretty stable spot there. If it ever decides to rain in C'maine again, my parents are in a pretty good spot too, on the side of a hill.

I loved all the signs on the road between Cairns and Port Douglas, warning of possible rock falls... I dunno how you're supposed to prepare for those, exactly. Cos if a 50-tonne boulder plummets towards your car, you're not going to go, "gee, lucky I saw that sign, I'm fully prepared to magically transport my car out of harm's way".

My general, if limited impression of Queenslanders was quite positive, and I'm still impressed that NO ONE honked at me when I stalled the stupid hire car for a solid minute in the middle of Cairns at 5pm.

I must admit, I rather like where I am right now, in terms of natural disasters. Just about nothing could trouble me. Floods? Nope. Fires? Nope. Landslides? Nope. It's good. Where Mum is may be fairly floodproof, but oh god, forest fires got a touch close for comfort a couple of times. I have photographic examples of one. But I think I'm too lazy to dig through Photofuckit.

Ha, those signs about falling rocks are ALL OVER New Zealand. Unsurprisingly. And yeah, it's not as if you can do much. Maybe just pay a bit more attention, but still, if a rock above the road suddenly comes loose, you're screwed either way.

Queensland tends to not be bad as a holiday destination. Living there, on the other hand? You realise that Peter Beattie's prattle about the "Smart State" is exactly that, prattle.

PLEBA is for fools. The Superthread is where it's at. Remember this, people. Remember this well. PLEBA DOES NOT HAVE RANDOM RANTS ABOUT PETER GARRETT.
No, but it does have blurry photos of Bono and Peter Garrett and Eddie Vedder having lunch in Melbourne two years ago.

Mellabournikki

What? Is this your Russian accent or something?

Only if I can find a decent tab....!

I was playing Drowning Man and wondering how many songs there are where the bassline doesn't change all the way through, but the chords still change on top of it... I think MW is like that too, and maybe Heartland, aside from the chorusy bits...

Lazy basslines. :drool:

Aren't all of Adam's basslines lazy? :tongue:

I should get you to learn the bass to The Cure's Untitled, just because I'm learning it on guitar (not as if it's hard). Liam said it's played on a six string bass too, bwahaha.

I must admit, I rather like where I am right now, in terms of natural disasters. Just about nothing could trouble me. Floods? Nope. Fires? Nope. Landslides? Nope. It's good. Where Mum is may be fairly floodproof, but oh god, forest fires got a touch close for comfort a couple of times. I have photographic examples of one. But I think I'm too lazy to dig through Photofuckit.
Eek. The fires in Canberra got way too close for my comfort.

Fairly low incidence of volcanoes and earthquakes down here, too. :up:

Queensland tends to not be bad as a holiday destination. Living there, on the other hand? You realise that Peter Beattie's prattle about the "Smart State" is exactly that, prattle.
I did laugh aloud when I heard that.

Would you rescue that bakery too, though?

No, but it does have blurry photos of Bono and Peter Garrett and Eddie Vedder having lunch in Melbourne two years ago.

What? Is this your Russian accent or something?

Blurry photos?

BLURRY PHOTOS?

YES!!! PLEBA DELIVERS! All (well, most) good jokes are based on truth:

Blur.jpg

And Mellabournikki is my Greekified name for Melbourne.

Ahh, right. If it's about mid-month, I probably won't be there. :( I'm probably just going to go up for Christmas, then I'll stay in Mellabournikki for my birthday. Not sure if I'll return home before or after the new year. Probably before, just to avoid the festivities. God, I hate New Year's.

Who's this surrealist founder?

Watch out, Ali might try and change that now!

I'll be on Yorke Peninsula for Christmas, so yeah, likely I'll miss you. But the trip might be sooner than I think. I'll see how things go. Anyway, I want to go to Mελλαμπορνικι something during the holidays too, or at least early next year, so hopefully that'll work out.

If I'm not mistaken, this'll more or less reveal your surname, so you can make me edit this out if you want: IT'S GONE

Aren't all of Adam's basslines lazy? :tongue:

I should get you to learn the bass to The Cure's Untitled, just because I'm learning it on guitar (not as if it's hard). Liam said it's played on a six string bass too, bwahaha.

Yeah (well, except Boy/October/Pop), but there's follow-the-chords lazy, and then there's same-riff-for-whole-song-What-chord-changes? lazy.

Does it use all six strings, though?

I'm gonna head out now... :wave: Have a good night!

Watch out, Ali might try and change that now!

I'll be on Yorke Peninsula for Christmas, so yeah, likely I'll miss you. But the trip might be sooner than I think. I'll see how things go. Anyway, I want to go to Mελλαμπορνικι something during the holidays too, or at least early next year, so hopefully that'll work out.

If I'm not mistaken, this'll more or less reveal your surname, so you can make me edit this out if you want:

Haha. The 13 year old doofuses who worship Bono's moobs will be so confused if she does!

Ahh, right. Well, when you know what the dates are, do let me know. I'm aiming to book my trip in the coming week. And you used Greek letters for Mellabournikki! :love:

Woah. Yes, please do edit out. I had no idea about that chap!

Blurry photos?

BLURRY PHOTOS?

YES!!! PLEBA DELIVERS! All (well, most) good jokes are based on truth:

Blur.jpg

And Mellabournikki is my Greekified name for Melbourne.

Who would have guessed Ax would get so excited about blurryShirtlessBabyBono? :hmm:

Heh. Some of us from work are going to Stalactites for souvies after work tomorrow... :drool:

*gone*

Yeah (well, except Boy/October/Pop), but there's follow-the-chords lazy, and then there's same-riff-for-whole-song-What-chord-changes? lazy.

Does it use all six strings, though?

I'm gonna head out now... :wave: Have a good night!

:laugh:

Not sure; I didn't really look at the bass part. I was just looking at the guitar tab. Or maybe I should see if there are any Agalloch bass tabs, since I'm also learning songs by them, and get you to play some metal! :lol: When I play Agalloch, it sounds so ... un-metal. It's almost funny.

And you can't leave before midnight! IT'S NOT ALLOWED.

:wave:

What was the last glass you had? Pinot noir? If so, go the cab sav.

Yeah, I've had 2-3 pinot noirs. Honestly not sure which. Probably just two, judging by how much is in the bottle. So onto the cab sav. Thanks. This is glass 9 (or 10).

Who would have guessed Ax would get so excited about blurryShirtlessBabyBono? :hmm:

Heh. Some of us from work are going to Stalactites for souvies after work tomorrow... :drool:

*gone*

Excited because MY DEMOTIVATIONAL POSTER JOKE WAS RIGHT! :fuckyeah:

Hah. G'night. :wave:

Haha. The 13 year old doofuses who worship Bono's moobs will be so confused if she does!

Ahh, right. Well, when you know what the dates are, do let me know. I'm aiming to book my trip in the coming week. And you used Greek letters for Mellabournikki! :love:

Woah. Yes, please do edit out. I had no idea about that chap!

It'll be a riot that even you might find worth seeing, I imagine.

No worries. Heh, hell - what did you expect me to do? If you can read it, you'd even know I used mu and pi together to make a proper b sound, rather than suggest that it's pronounced Mellavourniki and go with beta. And that's like, the limit of my Greek talents.

Done. Yeah, when we were learning about surrealism this term, I was just imagining you as being the head of the whole thing! :lol:

Yeah, I've had 2-3 pinot noirs. Honestly not sure which. Probably just two, judging by how much is in the bottle. So onto the cab sav. Thanks. This is glass 9 (or 10).

Peter Buck did his drunken airplane routine after 12 glasses of red. I ruined my experience and other people's experiences at a house warming party after drinking the equivalent in chardonnay. Good luck.

Peter Buck did his drunken airplane routine after 12 glasses of red. I ruined my experience and other people's experiences at a house warming party after drinking the equivalent in chardonnay. Good luck.

I ... have no idea what Peter Buck routine you're talking about here, but I am sure it is bound to be funny.

Honestly, I feel worryingly closer to sober considering how much I've had to drink. I'm pretty much not even touching backspace! FFS. This is even better than I usually do.

It'll be a riot that even you might find worth seeing, I imagine.

No worries. Heh, hell - what did you expect me to do? If you can read it, you'd even know I used mu and pi together to make a proper b sound, rather than suggest that it's pronounced Mellavourniki and go with beta. And that's like, the limit of my Greek talents.

Done. Yeah, when we were learning about surrealism this term, I was just imagining you as being the head of the whole thing! :lol:

Haha, I could just switch myself to invisible and watch the 13 year olds form a massive trainwreck. Could be classic comedy.

Ooh, so you did. I would've noticed that if I weren't a bit tipsy. And if I hadn't sort of forgotten the Greek alphabet. God, I knew it so well once and had a basic grasp on NT Greek, but my knowledge of other languages has just gone down the drain post-high school. I hope to put the upcoming holidays to good intellectual use. Alas, not on languages, but at least on acquiring more knowledge.

:lol: That's hilarious. What I've always liked ... no, I'll PM you this.

I ... have no idea what Peter Buck routine you're talking about here, but I am sure it is bound to be funny.

Honestly, I feel worryingly closer to sober considering how much I've had to drink. I'm pretty much not even touching backspace! FFS. This is even better than I usually do.

Oh, really? It was a pretty big thing. He got drunk in an airplane and... shit, what happened. Hang on.

On April 21, 2001, Buck was aboard a transatlantic flight from Seattle to London to play a concert at Trafalgar Square. Witnesses alleged that Buck exhibited various bizarre behaviors on the flight, including shoving a CD into a drinks trolley thinking it was a CD player, tearing up the "yellow card" warning notice handed to him by the flight crew, claiming "I am R.E.M." and being involved in a struggle over a yogurt pot with two stewards, which resulted in the exploding of the pot. Buck's actions led to two charges of common assault on the stewards, one charge of being drunk whilst on a plane, and one charge of damaging British Airways cutlery.

At the ensuing trial in London, Buck's defense claimed that the small amount of wine he had drunk had reacted adversely with the brand of sleeping pill he was taking and rendered him unable to control his actions. The prosecution, on the other hand, argued that he was simply intoxicated from supposedly consuming fifteen refills of wine. After the trial, which included testimony from Bono of the rock band U2, Buck was cleared on the grounds of non-insane automatism.

Heh, Boner's in there.

Fuck, do you have some absinthe or something?

Oh, really? It was a pretty big thing. He got drunk in an airplane and... shit, what happened. Hang on.

On April 21, 2001, Buck was aboard a transatlantic flight from Seattle to London to play a concert at Trafalgar Square. Witnesses alleged that Buck exhibited various bizarre behaviors on the flight, including shoving a CD into a drinks trolley thinking it was a CD player, tearing up the "yellow card" warning notice handed to him by the flight crew, claiming "I am R.E.M." and being involved in a struggle over a yogurt pot with two stewards, which resulted in the exploding of the pot. Buck's actions led to two charges of common assault on the stewards, one charge of being drunk whilst on a plane, and one charge of damaging British Airways cutlery.

At the ensuing trial in London, Buck's defense claimed that the small amount of wine he had drunk had reacted adversely with the brand of sleeping pill he was taking and rendered him unable to control his actions. The prosecution, on the other hand, argued that he was simply intoxicated from supposedly consuming fifteen refills of wine. After the trial, which included testimony from Bono of the rock band U2, Buck was cleared on the grounds of non-insane automatism.

Heh, Boner's in there.

Fuck, do you have some absinthe or something?

Oooooh, THAT. I remember Bono testifying at that trial. TESTIFY! Yes. Non-insane automatism? Riiiiiight. Because how DARE a rockstar be drunk in this day and age. And hahaha, "I am REM!"

Alas, I only have wine. But I am continuing to drink. I think that I am now closer to the drink side of tipsy than the sober side, but we'll see.

You know what's worrisome? I just picked up my guitar and played the first three minutes of Agalloch's She Painted Fire Across The Skyline just as well as I play it when I'm sober.

HOW CAN I POSSIBLY FUNCTION THIS WELL AFTER EFFECTIVELY A WHOLE BOTLE OF WINE. For god's sake.

Oooooh, THAT. I remember Bono testifying at that trial. TESTIFY! Yes. Non-insane automatism? Riiiiiight. Because how DARE a rockstar be drunk in this day and age. And hahaha, "I am REM!"

Alas, I only have wine. But I am continuing to drink. I think that I am now closer to the drink side of tipsy than the sober side, but we'll see.

For real. I mean, cool to defend a mate and all, but it's still a bit of a joke. But what Buck did was hilarious nonetheless. :lol:

You're closer to the DRINK side of tipsy? Keep at it!

You know what's worrisome? I just picked up my guitar and played the first three minutes of Agalloch's She Painted Fire Across The Skyline just as well as I play it when I'm sober.

HOW CAN I POSSIBLY FUNCTION THIS WELL AFTER EFFECTIVELY A WHOLE BOTLE OF WINE. For god's sake.

Yeah, I mean, I thought when you're drunk you're meant to play even better!* Like I said, you better keep at it for great successes.

*Disproved on 30/01/1986.

For real. I mean, cool to defend a mate and all, but it's still a bit of a joke. But what Buck did was hilarious nonetheless. :lol:

You're closer to the DRINK side of tipsy? Keep at it!

Given Buck's hilarious behaviour, he should be commended, not fined! I mean, I find most drunk people to be twats, and all the sloshed slobs at Aussie U2 Show gigs kind of put me off going (I only go because I enjoy the company of Ali and the people we normally meet up with there), but Buck deserves a Lawlz Award for that behaviour.

Haha, finally, a quality typo. Just about to pour either glass ten or eleven. God, I am drinking heavily tonight!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom