Foul language

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Do you swear?

• All the time - I'm a big potty mouth

Votes: 23 26.4%
  • Occasionally

Votes: 43 49.4%
  • Only around my friends or in the house - never in public

Votes: 11 12.6%
  • Sometimes but only to myself - not outloud

Votes: 6 6.9%
  • No way - I'm a square

Votes: 4 4.6%

• Total voters
I've come a long way on this one. I was the little girl who thought 'butt' was a dirty word. I never heard 'fuck' until I was in third grade and the boy who sat in front of me got kicked out for saying it. As a teenager, I was afraid to say 'damn' or 'shit' and felt guilty when I did. Then, time went on. I got older. The world and the years did things to me. After awhile, I didn't give a shit. I don't give a damn what anyone thinks, they can fucking kiss my ass! I'll say what the hell I want!;) :D

I swear a lot. Too much I think. I swear in phases. I told a whole family of redneck banjo playing Clampetts to fuck off tonight as they kept walking across our putt putt golf greens while we were playing. They didnt hear me so I dont count that. But I cannot tolerate rudeness at all. Tonight I must have spent a total of 30 minutes insulting the slack jawed yokels interspersed with colourful words.

All class.

:rolleyes:

Re: Is Fuck a bad word?

zonelistener said:
My mother taught me how to swear, and I grew up in New Jersey where "fuck" is used every other word. I shock some Midwesterners.

that's true.
but only because there are so many fucking assholes living in this fucking state, you gotta let out your frustration somehow. not to mention it's right next to that fucking hell-hole new york where people just don't give fuck anout nothin.
if I didn't drive a car I'd probably curse way less.
the other day I was like "let's see how long I can go without cursing once I get in the car"....
I lasted 9 seconds. I start the fucking car and go to pull out and some fucking jackass runs the stop sign doing 90 mph and almost takes me out. that's the way it is driving around here.

*dreams of desert island with no cars....and no other people......except alyssa milano*:sexywink:

I'm known with my friends to swear wierdly. Lemme explain: I accidentaly smacked my hand on mty desk and instead of saying something like "Fuck" or "Shit" I said, "Holy flaming cow shit" Everyone gets a good laugh when I swear.

zonelistener said:
My mother taught me how to swear, and I grew up in New Jersey where "fuck" is used every other word. I shock some Midwesterners.

You should hear my friends...:wink:

Yeah, I cuss, but ONLY when I am with friends, not around my mom, she would kill me lol.

Hell, wait, what the fuck am I saying? You should hear me!!

*mumbles some more*

Last edited:
The word "feck" really bothers me. Just say it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FUCK!!!!!

Thank you. Thankyouverymuch.

~LadyLemon~ said:
The word "feck" really bothers me. Just say it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FUCK!!!!!

Thank you. Thankyouverymuch.

haha thank you ladylemon! finally someone who agrees with me that feck isnt a real word! ok so i used feck in chat once in a while, but most of the time i swear like a sailor. my daughter hates when i swear(she's 6). she won't be the one to be saying bad words when she's older.

down with feck!

nellie said:

haha thank you ladylemon! finally someone who agrees with me that feck isnt a real word! ok so i used feck in chat once in a while, but most of the time i swear like a sailor. my daughter hates when i swear(she's 6). she won't be the one to be saying bad words when she's older.

Yeah, it's different around your daughter. :) But come on, we're all adults here!

AcrobatMan said:
I am a square :| . If you swear daily, it just lessens the value of your swearing.
That's what I wanted to say. :D Though I'm not a square at all. :angel:

mmmmmmmm soap

*washes everyone's mouth out with soap*

curtarliene.jpg

:eeklaugh:

I swear occasionally, although I don't ever swear in front of my parents! :angel: There are just some things better expressed with swears- like the word bitch. There's no way to really express what you mean by that word without using it.

"Oh Fuck."

"I said it, the curse word my daddy didnt wanted to hear, the F word! I didnt know how it slipped! I ment to say Fudge I really did!"

-A Christmas Story[possibly the best movie ever, besides Gremlins :p]

Is bastard considered foul language ? Sometimes I say that
as in " dont let bastards grind you down" :silent:

What else can you say for bastard people..I mean if I found better word for this, then I would avoid this one as well.

But I dont say this very often . I say it once in few months so that the impact is maximum :evil:

zonelistener said:

My friend Solomon is from New Jersey... he said Kevin Smith films were pretty accurate in their dialogue for the typical New Jersey citizen.

Re: Re: Is Fuck a bad word?

UnforgettableLemon said:

My friend Solomon is from New Jersey... he said Kevin Smith films were pretty accurate in their dialogue for the typical New Jersey citizen.

He was right!

Back
Top Bottom