For those of you who like to fill out your album collection with all kinds of stuff..

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pub crawler

New Yorker
I would recommend adding some Bill Withers to your assortment of prized discs.

?70?s soul.

You might know Bill from his song ?Lean on Me.? You might as well know him by the tune ?Use Me.? (A song about making love).

I would offer that you give this tune a listen: ?The Same Love That Made Me Laugh.? You will be taken to another place.

Here are the other tracks you need to own:

?Use Me?
?Ain?t No Sunshine?
?Grandma?s Hands? (Trivia: opening riff was sampled in Blackstreet?s ?No Diggity?)
?Harlem?
?Who is He (And What Is He to You)?

If you like soul, you won?t be disappointed.

He's already on my to-buy list for a while. I have Who Is He And What Is He To You on a soundtrack (Jackie Brown), but I definately want to hear more of him. BTW, didn't he also perform Lovely Day?

C ya!

Marty (who does realise there are dozens of albums on his to-buy list)

would fit nicely in with the albums I just bought from Al Green and Burt Bacharach & Ronald Isley :hmm:

How's Al? I've seen his album and doubted about listening/buying it, but the Copyright Control turned me off. Is it equal or better than Solomon Burke (which still is an excellent album).

:confused:

Marty

well, I wouldn't rate it as highly as Solomon's album
but that is one of my favourite albums so that doesn't really say all that much

it is however a really excellent album
(far more uptempo than Solomon Burke's Don't give up on me)
though the copy control does blow curds :mad:

:hmm:

I think I'm going to see if that Copy Control is also present on foreign editions. Sounds interesting...

BTW, because of the trivia of Grandma's Hands a Bill Withers compilation has moved up a few notches on my to-buy list.

C ya!

Marty (has the No Diggity single)

I do have some Bill Withers in my collection but had sort've forgotten about it. Thanks for reminding me.

Note to Self: Put "Ain't No Sunshine" on next mix.

I've been buying a lot of '70s soul/R&B/funk music lately. Great stuff. :up: I'll have to add Bill Withers to the ever-growing wish list. My poor bank account!

Hello,

I just read that Bill Withers' first 2 albums (Just As I Am/Still Bill) have been re-released on the Raven label. The review I read of it gave it 5 stars out of 5. So Bill Withers has again risen on my to-buy list. :hmm:

Marty

Back
Top Bottom