For Cat Lovers Only XVIII - Post Pics, Ask Questions, Comments, Etc.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
4171b2a2-ef34-4cad-a7e1-050136938b6c.gif

So I came home a few minutes early this afternoon and I see a small cat in our driveway. "Oh, I haven't seen that cat outside before."

I get a little closer and I realize it's Wally! Why is he outside?!

I try to call him over and he starts going away, thinking we're going to play chase. Trying to keep an eye on him, while he's walking along the house towards the neighbors yard, I open the door and ask Dad how did Wally get out, why is he outside. My Dad goes, "Wally's outside!" No one in the house knew Wally had escaped.

Luckily, we were able to lure him back in using his favorite toy, but I was really panicked for a little bit. You don't expect to drive up to see your strictly indoor kitten wandering outside when you get home!

It turns out my brother had left his window open in his room and Wally had popped out the screen (probably going after some bird).

:yikes:

omg that pic of Fergus is SO CUTE! :lol: :cute:

Kelly.. I would have had a heart attack :| Luckily you came home and saw him at the right time!

Kelly, that is one of the scariest things! :yikes: Callie shows absolutely no interest in going outside (almost like, "I've been out there; I didn't like it!"); but Fergus is *right there* when we come in the door. I would panic if he were ever to get out! I don't know if he'd take off, or be very tentative or what! I just don't want to risk it! :sad:

Thanks, everyone, for the kind words about the Fergus picture--I'm sorry those are so huge. I recently got a new camera and am still learning about it. When I save them, it said they were only a low number of kb. Working on it!

I'd like to try a little experiment with the resized pictures.

Callie030511Med.jpg

Fergus030911Med.jpg

ETA: Thanks, that's better!

Awww! These babies are beautiful.

I met a new neighbour's cat tonight. I came home to find a very chatty Russian blue on the driveway trying to talk to Cleo. The poor boy. She stalked off after his retreating back to keep up with hissing at him. Such a cranky bitch. :tsk:

Found out today my vet won't do my other girls desexing til they're 6 months. So I have to put up with teenage girls with hormones. Awesome. :lol:

I has a cat!

Long story slightly shorter:
We moved into this neighbourhood back in October and were immediately greeted by a car walking through the door and snooping around as we were moving boxes in. Turns out he was our neighbour across the street's cat named Tigger. She got a new dog that scares Tigger, so he never stays inside. She's a bit of a crackhead too. Anyway, when it started getting a little colder out, he'd show up to our window at 2am meowing, so we'd let him in to sleep for the night (on my bed, no less).... then we started feeding him.... Then before we knew it, we was in the house more than outside. A couple weeks ago, his ear started smelling really bad, so I wanted to take him to the vet, but first I needed cracky's permission. She said she was looking for someone to take the cat (hint hint) because he didn't like staying at her house anymore. So a couple days later, she signed him over to me. His ear infection is all cleared up and he's sleeping peacefully on my pillow at the moment.
He's super cute. If you've ever seen that cat Maru that jumps into boxes on Youtube, he looks a little like that.

Anyway. I has a cat

I has a cat!

We moved into this neighbourhood back in October and were immediately greeted by a car walking through the door and snooping around as we were moving boxes in. Turns out he was our neighbour across the street's cat named Tigger. She got a new dog that scares Tigger, so he never stays inside. She's a bit of a crackhead too. Anyway, when it started getting a little colder out, he'd show up to our window at 2am meowing, so we'd let him in to sleep for the night (on my bed, no less).... then we started feeding him.... Then before we knew it, we was in the house more than outside. A couple weeks ago, his ear started smelling really bad, so I wanted to take him to the vet, but first I needed cracky's permission. She said she was looking for someone to take the cat (hint hint) because he didn't like staying at her house anymore. So a couple days later, she signed him over to me. His ear infection is all cleared up and he's sleeping peacefully on my pillow at the moment.
He's super cute. If you've ever seen that cat Maru that jumps into boxes on Youtube, he looks a little like that.

Anyway. I has a cat

Looking forward to pictures! Cat = love! :love:

Great analogy! :applaud:

I might be remembering wrong, but did you once describe your lot as teenagers? Or was it someone else? :cute: It's such fun having kittens though. And the moody phase when they're a little bigger, more into tackling and kicking each other, still sweet enough to sleep tangled up, utterly fearless, soooo soft, still squeaky with the meowing, bratty, naughty, clumsy, and just so damn awesome!
:heart:

I has a cat!

Anyway. I has a cat

It sounds like he has a much better home with you now :).

Phoebe's slowly becoming a bit more snuggly. She has a blanket she will sleep on when it's on the bed at night, and will knead it. Now if I lie on the couch with the blanket over my legs, she'll come and settle in on the blanket between my legs. :love:

She still doesn't like to lie on my body - she'll only sit in the space between my legs. But still - progress!

My idiots got into the folded washing yesterday, spreading it around and then curling up on it.
photo-20.jpg

photo-19.jpg

They're huddled up together now because the clothes are gone and they must be feeling a little cold. I should take another picture of them. They're scrunching up the placemats in desperation. :cute:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom