For Cat Lovers Only XVII - Post Pics, Ask Questions, Comments, Etc.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
We can always tell whether a stranger is knocking at the door because Mousya immediately bolts to hide somewhere on half-bent legs when it's someone unfamiliar. She does seem to be more scared of male strangers than female ones.

Random: Is it normal for a cat to run to the front door whenever there's a sound in the hallway? ..like a dog? I think I have a guard cat.

Keto does this all the time. No matter where he is in the house, the moment he hears sombody on the front porch or if the bell rings, he zips straight to the door and put his nose right up against it.

the normal position for me is to be balancing on one leg while opening the door as I push him to the side with the other leg. :|

I think he has an ulterior motive though. He's just looking for that opportunity to dash outside. sometimes he's successful and most times I manage to catch him just before he blasts off

DSC07503.jpg

Samus playing this evening. She will swat the toy but will not swat us. What a great kitty!
:cute: Aww! Pretty fluffy kitty! Heh, her eyes are the same colour as Samus's suit!

Hah! See, I don't know if mine knows the difference. He just seems curious about any sounds. He runs to the door and then sits with his head and his ears up and alert. I just figured he was imitating the dog.

:giggle: Mine usually just runs away, but she always knows when it's one of us. When my dad gets home(last of us) right before dinner she's always at the door, she recognizes the car noise. Then she runs out when he opens the door, and gets back in before we eat so she can gawk at our food.
When I come home she usually sits in front of the back sliding door, or comes down the stairs or when she's outside she'll be waiting at the outside of the door for me. :hmm: I wonder what it is that she recognizes, maybe my bike sounds, or the shed door?

We've had quite a few people comment on how they think she may be part or all Maine Coon. We think so too. Shelter didn't have any further info.

Oh and on the technical side of things. She pooped. :applaud: Phew. What a relief!

Keto does this all the time. No matter where he is in the house, the moment he hears sombody on the front porch or if the bell rings, he zips straight to the door and put his nose right up against it.

the normal position for me is to be balancing on one leg while opening the door as I push him to the side with the other leg. :|

I think he has an ulterior motive though. He's just looking for that opportunity to dash outside. sometimes he's successful and most times I manage to catch him just before he blasts off
lol, yep. I often have to block Mofo from making a run for it. :shame:

:giggle: Mine usually just runs away, but she always knows when it's one of us. When my dad gets home(last of us) right before dinner she's always at the door, she recognizes the car noise. Then she runs out when he opens the door, and gets back in before we eat so she can gawk at our food.
When I come home she usually sits in front of the back sliding door, or comes down the stairs or when she's outside she'll be waiting at the outside of the door for me. :hmm: I wonder what it is that she recognizes, maybe my bike sounds, or the shed door?
Aww, Miep. :cute: She loooves you.

Sicy, that should be your new sig.

Phoebe runs to the hallway near the door if she hears a knock, or hears someone in the hallway. It's funny - she's not shy, she comes right up to anyone that comes in, but she does that "bent back legs" thing when she hears the knock/noise.

I sometimes hear Phoebe meowing pathetically from inside when I come home. I can only hope she just heard the elevator, or my footsteps up the stairs, and she doesn't just sit there all day meowing like she's been neglected for days. :grumpy:

lol, yep. I often have to block Mofo from making a run for it. :shame:

Aww, Miep. :cute: She loooves you.
:lol: Perhaps you could leash him and take him for a walk with the dog?

She does, cause I feed her. :wink:
Best post ever. //end forum.
:giggle: She should indeed sig it.
Fergus and Callie recognize the sound of our car pulling into the driveway and meet us at the door. :love:
:hmm: I wonder if the behaviour is typical for cats, because it seems like they all do it now!
I sometimes hear Phoebe meowing pathetically from inside when I come home. I can only hope she just heard the elevator, or my footsteps up the stairs, and she doesn't just sit there all day meowing like she's been neglected for days. :grumpy:
The neighbours wouldn't allow that right? I know if I heard a cat meow all day I would complain!

There are only two other apartment on my floor. I'd be really surprised if either could hear her unless they were in the hallway near my door, and no one really just hangs out in the hallway.

She's not that loud. :wink:

My cat (Isidore) who slipped unnoticed out of the house sometime Monday, managed to find his way home. I'd been looking and calling for him all day on Tuesday with no luck, but when I took one more look out the back door at 1 am he was sitting on the bench just waiting to come in. I'm so relieved! Looks as if Izzy isn't as dumb as I thought he was. :) He didn't even break any whiskers! :lol:

Here's a picture of the little shit.

Isidorecrop.jpg

My cat (Isidore) who slipped unnoticed out of the house sometime Monday, managed to find his way home. I'd been looking and calling for him all day on Tuesday with no luck, but when I took one more look out the back door at 1 am he was sitting on the bench just waiting to come in. I'm so relieved! Looks as if Izzy isn't as dumb as I thought he was. :) He didn't even break any whiskers! :lol:

Isidorecrop.jpg

What a great looking cat. Another Maine Coon ! :up:

Glad he was safe after his adventure.

In response to the posts about a cat waiting by the door, I think they do sometimes hang out by the door.

We have found some evidence of this. Usually when Keto sleeps or cleans himself in a particular spot for a long time, there will be clumps of hair. We frequently finds his hair on the rug right by the front door.

My theory is that he doesn't go there after we leave the house but, he goes and waits there just before we are about to come home. He does know that at a specific time either myself or my wife will walk in the house so he just automatically goes and waits there for one of us.

Isidorecrop.jpg

Don't you wish he could tell you about his adventures? :cute:

Isidorecrop.jpg

What a cutie! :cute:

Here are a couple of pics of Isidore recovering after his big unauthorised outdoor excursion. Do you have any idea how exhausting it is to spend 36+ hours alone in the wilderness and not get so much as a hair out of place? Yeah, it's might damned tough, but Izzy managed. :lol:

isidoreafteroutsidetriplbc002.jpg

isidoreafteroutsidetriplbc003.jpg

And not only do I have my very own basement cat (LBC aka Dude Muffin), he's also a Vampire Cat!!!

LBCvampirecat2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom