For Cat Lovers Only XVI - Post Pics, Ask Questions, Comments, Etc.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lemonmelon with Bowie:

2010-07-09230900-1.jpg

Me and Bowie:

2010-07-09230740.jpg

He can eat solid food on his own and all that, but mom is definitely suspicious about his age at this point, as am I.

I'm hoping he'll be ok. None of them were with their mothers (there were about 8 of them from two or three different moms. They're barn cats, so there's a lot of 'em runnin' around). Should I watch out for anything specifically?

As long as he's eating/drinking and using the litterbox ok he should be fine. Some kittens that are taken away from mom too early might 'suck' a lot on blankets or humans. Just make sure he's always warm and look out for the things I mentioned earlier.

Some kittens that are taken away from mom too early might 'suck' a lot on blankets or humans.
god yes. i used to have a cat, tasmania, who was like that. she had a rug she'd suck on.

our youngest cats were that small when we took them in but they seem to be okay. the closest thing they do that tasmania ever did was stand on soft rugs and blankets and just stand there forever kneading their paws. i miss my cats. :depressed:

oh oh and yay trashley for the kitten! he's adorable. and nice name! :up:

The answer is no, it cannot get any more adorable! :cute:

I was just looking through old pictures of my guys when they were kittens to compare, and I'd be surprised if he's any more than 6 weeks old.

I posted the picture on facebook, but not on here. It DID get more adorable...he changed positions!:

kdk_0612.jpg

So, last night he woke Travis up at about 7 am with his meowing, and so Travis woke ME up and I cuddled with Bowie for about 20 or 30 minutes, but I kept falling back to sleep. I finally put him back on his side of the room, and thought he was cool. He was not. Meow, Meow, Meow. So, then, I started playing a little with him with his toy bee on a stick, batting it at him, and he was batting it back. This was when I realized with dismay that Bowie wanted to play. So, that went on for about another half an hour. Finally I fell asleep in spite of the meowing, and when I woke up a couple hours later and looked over at him, he was giving me such a look. I assume because I abandoned him to entertain himself! XD. The good news is, he also used the litter box last night :yippie:

When I recounted this tale to my mother, she of course laughed at me and decided that the cat was good for Travis and I after all. Practice she says. :grumpy:

:cute: Cats are amazing. Even at such a young age they know how to use the litterbox.

I thought I'd post some photos of cats I took when on my holiday in Istanbul, Turkey:

cat1.jpg

cat2.jpg

This cat was hanging around the Hagia Sophia church/mosque, quite oblivious to its cultural and historical importance :)

cat3.jpg

cat4.jpg

cat5.jpg

Facing off against a big dog:

cat6.jpg

Sleeping on the merchandise :D

cat7.jpg

I thought I'd post some photos of cats I took when on my holiday in Istanbul, Turkey:

cat1.jpg

Love this picture !!

I had a similar experience when I went to Egypt.

There were cats everywhere. Roaming the streets, markets, etc. People just accept them as part of the city and everyone coexists. Cats would just wander in and out of shops in the market place and even curl up and sleep among the merchandise.

Of course, cats were a very improtant part of ancient Egyptian culture and that tradition continues to this day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom