For Cat Lovers Only XIII - Post Pics, Ask Questions, Comments, Etc.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the site. After looking at some of the solutions and seeing that we had already tried (without success) most of them, we ended up deciding to temporarily place Ellie with my Uncle's family until the house sells, then bring her back for the new house and perhaps get her a behaviorist to help her.

That sounds like a good solution. :yes:

I wish you good luck getting her straightened out (and selling your house too). :hug:

Zoey chillin

zoeystretchpillow.jpg

Last month, Callie was diagnosed with arthritis in her right rear leg. After two days of prednisone, we were instructed to give her 1-1/2 crushed baby aspirin every three days. MrPurrl mixes it with tuna, and she scarfs it up like a champ. Turns out that Fergus likes the tuna, as well. :cute:

CallieFergusTunaTime032809.jpg

Last month, Callie was diagnosed with arthritis in her right rear leg. After two days of prednisone, we were instructed to give her 1-1/2 crushed baby aspirin every three days. MrPurrl mixes it with tuna, and she scarfs it up like a champ. Turns out that Fergus likes the tuna, as well. :cute:

CallieFergusTunaTime032809.jpg

:hug: for Callie and :cute:

MsPurrl and WHA -- such cute pics!!! :cute:

I would come to this board just for this thread! :yes:

^ agreed indra - this thread = crazy awesome.

Such cute photos everyone! WHA, I love it when kittens grow attached to things. My boy has taken a shine to a particular blanket. If ever he is tired, he won't lie down until he finds it, and puts it in a comfortable place so he can sleep. He also has a small stuffed elephant he's been doing... things to...

Zoey chillin

zoeystretchpillow.jpg

She HATES having her pic taken. :giggle:

Oh, no wonder! :lol:

I was thinking......
'.....just touch my comfie couch spot, and I'll mistake you for my :evil: scratching post..... ! '

Ms Purl ***good luck*** to CALLIE too feel more at ease again.

WHA~~ those Siamese pics- bigger kit & littler kit are so beautiful!
those could be very good entries contest for a animal/ cats photo contest!

k, Mofo just decided to hide his face under my shirt and nuzzled against my bare shoulder. Cutest thing evar :cute:

Okay i have a dumb question, hopefully im not repeating myself from last year but i would rather get some educated opinions and err or the side of caution than not. It's that time of the year again where bugs like to come in the house. I usually spray for bugs in the spring and fall and that keeps them out of the house pretty much, though a few might still make it inside before they die. Since my cats have discovered "bug hunting" im worried that they might catch and eat a bug that has come into contact with bug poision, and that might harm the cats. I know the bug spray says to keep pets inside the house for 24 hours or so after you spray the outisde, or something like that. What would you all do?

Also, i went to petsmart yesterday to get food and litter, and i stopped in the cat adoption area and looked at the cats they had in there. Two is enough for me, i really wouldnt want anymore, but they had some really big pretty cats in there. Most of them were only a year or two old. Anyway i petted them through the cage and then when i came home and petted Boomer and Oreo i think they smelled "other kitty" on my hands. They gave me that funny look, i hope i didnt upset them, dont want them thinking i have a cat on the side somewhere?

What kind of bug spray exactly? And are you talking about spraying the entire house/yard, or just the entry ways, etc? I'd probably be more worried about them coming in contact with the actual spray, rather them eating a bug that has come in contact with the spray.

Cats are always curious and cautious if they smell another cat on you. They will usually get over it. I have a lot of friends with cats and if I pet them and come home my cats always smell me and look at me funny. Usually washing your hands and/or changing clothes before coming in contact with your own cats will solve that problem.

What kind of bug spray exactly? And are you talking about spraying the entire house/yard, or just the entry ways, etc? I'd probably be more worried about them coming in contact with the actual spray, rather them eating a bug that has come in contact with the spray.

Cats are always curious and cautious if they smell another cat on you. They will usually get over it. I have a lot of friends with cats and if I pet them and come home my cats always smell me and look at me funny. Usually washing your hands and/or changing clothes before coming in contact with your own cats will solve that problem.

It is Ortho Home Defense Max, i probably got it at walmart last year. You can use it indoor/outdoor but i only spray around the house, garage, and yard. I dont really do it inside or anything like that. If i do it right it will keep the bugs from coming in, or like last year they will just come in the house and then die. I think it says to wait 24 hours or so before you let animals around the sprayed area, which is no problem because the cats stay inside most of the time anyway. I only let them out on really nice days when im out there with them working in the yard.

Ive noticed they like for me to open the blinds so they can get up in the windows and watch the birds. i have a bird bath out in the courtyard between the driveway and my house, which is also between two trees i planted back in late 2007. This bird bath gets a lot of action! Between the two trees and the roof of the house next door, and the birds all stop in for a dip and a splash. This just drives my guys crazy watching all of this bird activity, they make funny little chant-like noises every time the see a bird or a squirrel outside in a tree or wherever. They like their perch in the various windows, should i put a bird feeder out there too for the birds and also my cats enjoyment?

I think it should be fine if you just dont let them out until the spray dries.

That is so cute about the bird fountain! My cats WOULD LOVE something like that but unfortunately no room on my small apt. patio :( I have a hummingbird feeder, that's about it and I love the 'chirping' noises they make when they see birds. :cute:

Yesterday at the animal shelter when I was loving on the kitties :love:, I saw one that looked EXACTLY like Mia, only without the "scarecrow" nose. It was funny picking her up (her name was Bree) and not expecting her to smack her head against my chest like Mia does when she wants to cuddle, or try to climb up to my shoulder. It was cute, too, cause she was only slightly smaller than Mia, who's 6 pounds to begin with - and who just turned 10 years old this week.

We have the same birthday, for real - when I got her at the end of June I counted back from how old she was and her birthday was the same week as mine. :D

This is how our cat chills in the day, we cant figure out why the weird position, her name is Baily and she does this all day haha, almost looks like she's trying to crack her back, hehe.

002-4.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom