For Cat Lovers Only XIII - Post Pics, Ask Questions, Comments, Etc.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks! He's such a handsome devil, but clumsy as all get out.

Well you know what they say about big noses...:lol:

Seriously though, I think it has to do with the serval blood in him.

Thanks! He's such a handsome devil, but clumsy as all get out.

He is beautiful! I love clumsy (and big nosed) cats -- I find it endearing that something we always think of as so graceful can be such a clod. Makes me want to hug them even more! :cute:

brady.jpg

He's stunning! :love: He reminds me of one of my tabby boys, the shape of his face is very similar (without the big nose), and from what I can tell of the body shape of your pictures, that looks similar too. Very sleek. I know pretty much zilch about cat breeds, but I've often looked at Stripey and thought there was something vaguely "Egyptian" about him, that he'd look at home sitting beside a pharaoh or something. Almost regal looking. I wonder if that breed is in his background. He's the only one of the litter that has that look, though.

Thanks everyone! Brady's my first cat. Quite a different experience from dog ownership, that's for sure. It's like Brady owns us as we're his humans. Heh.

Sunday evening, we noticed that our Callie, who is six-seven years old, was favoring her right rear leg. Then yesterday morning, she would hardly put any weight on it at all, so I called her vet and got an appointment for 4:15 yesterday. The vet manipulated her leg without it seeming to cause great pain, so the vet decided it wasn't broken; and her hips didn't seem out of joint, either. So the vet proposed taking x-rays, to which I agreed, to rule out any cracked bones. Turns out Callie has severe arthritis in her right "knee" (just like her mama! :lol:). We were given two prednisone pills, one for yesterday and one for today, then we are to give her a baby aspirin every three days. MrPurrl fashioned some "stairs" up to the bed out of a small chest of drawers and some boxes, until we can do better. Callie is a smart girl. By bedtime last night, she was moving much better and knew exactly what to do with those stairs. She went down them when we got up this morning.

Her appetite is good, and she was giving her "brother" Fergus "what-for" when he was following her around last night. The vet asked if we'd had her since she was a kitten; no--we got her from the Humane Society four years ago. It's probably that she'd gotten some kind of injury when she was stray before being picked up, such as being bumped by a car or even being beaten. We do think she'd been abused somehow in the past. But any injury back then could have been developing arthritis, and she may have hurt it jumping off the bed or being rolled by Fergus over the weekend.

I hope she will continue to improve. I double-dog love that "little living creature." :love:

FergusCallie011009.jpg

ladyhawke, your baby is gorgeous!

I has cam. I makes dirty money nao?

strays :heart:
:lol: I bet she could. Apparently people love to see her on cam. :wink:

Strays are great cats, they just seem to appreciate you feeding them daily just that little bit more.

He's a real ladykiller. Would love a cat like that one day!

What she said! Very pretty cat! :love:

Glad to hear your cat's condition is improving msPurrl :hug:

Wow 6 or 7 seems so young for a cat to get arthritis. Poor dear.. give her some hugs and scritches for me. :hug:

Thanks, everyone. I was surprised that a six-seven-year-old cat was being referred to as a "geriatric cat"!

Poor Callie! :( Glad she seems to be feeling better. 6 or 7 seems like it should be in the prime of adulthood to me, not geriatric! My guys are just over a year, and I think of them as adolescents/teens.

Abby sends her calico hugs and get well wishes. :)

OMG, I was just checking this thread when we had the HUGEST cat fight ever!!! We've never really had a cat fight besides a rare squabble. This was all Nikon's fault. He's getting better at leaving cats alone but he chased Beckham through the cat door. I think Posh and Marijke were sitting on the stair on the other side like they do, b/c all the sudden there was cat fight mayhem!! I assume that Beckham startled Posh and she just instinctively reacted. It was maybe 5 seconds total, but now Beckham and Posh are growling at each other and Marijke won't go near either one. Posh had clumps of Beckham's fur in her claws (we checked all the cats, no one is scratched or bitten). Someone let their anal glands go. We didn't know what to do to calm them down so we fed them all. Nikon seems very pleased but he's gonna get his ass whupped, lol!

MsPurrl, glad to hear that Callie is doing better! :)

Liesje, sounds like no one was worse for the wear. Nikon seems like a little instigator to me. :)

My sweet baby Eva is getting so big :sad: She's about 7 months old now, and I just wish she could stay little forever.

IMG_0043.jpg

IMG_0032.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom