For Cat Lovers Only XII - Post Pics, Ask Questions, Comments, Etc.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
omg!!! I'm so sorry! Can they leave a trail of food that leads to inside of the house? And then get away from the door so that she will come in? I'm surprised Bella wouldn't run back in the house. She is probably scared because she doesn't know your sister in law very well. Any way you could cut your trip short? I bet she would come to you if you called her :(

Ok this sounds weird but what if your sister puts you on speaker phone and you try to call her in?

ugh.. I'm mess right now.. apparently bella got out either on last thursday when we left for cali or the next day friday when my sister in law came to check on her. I freaking out.. They found her behind the house and are tryin to entice her in with the back slider door open and are hanging out watching tv with her food just inside the door. They initially put the wet food out to get her but made the dumb mistake and let her eat it all.. I am all the way here in cali trying to get my sister in law to get her in the house.. I am helpless! She has been out since then hunkered down in these weeds by our back neighbors house. She doesn't know Diane and is kinda freaked so she isn't going to come running to her. She is psycho cat as u guys know so I am at a loss what to do.

this is a nightmare...:sad:

Oh dear. :hug: They get so frightened when they get out and aren't used to it. My Loki hasn't gotten out here, but did at my old house (eventually I would let him out because he would just hang out under the bushes by the back door) and I always had to open the back door and then leave until he came in. He's very skittish and even though he knew me, he just couldn't handle all that stress at once.

At least they know where she is and she is staying close. Maybe they should put her food a little further inside the house (but still visible), leave the door open, and wait outside the house for her to go inside. If she doesn't know them she might be very wary of going into a house -- even her own house -- if they are there. If they can't wait outside, then I would ask them to be as quiet as possible (mostly no bursts of laughter or loud voices -- stuff that might frighten her. I would think tv would be ok because it's "normal") while they wait for her. I think you have a very good chance of getting her back in because she's staying around the house and obviously wants to get back home. She just has to feel safe.

Here's a link to a site devoted to finding lost cats...maybe there will be something you/they can use. Click here.

:hyper: omg!!!!!!!!!! Tragedy adverted... bella waltzed back into the house (this is so like her, im not coming in when you say but on my terms haha so there), my sister in law just called.. phew! I was this close to getting on a plane and flying back there. Apparently they were sitting down eating and noticed her walk by.. I am so so RELIEVED! that was just too much stress for me today.. im exhausted.. :huh:

sicy thanks for the tips.. I was gonna use the me on the phone calling her if we didn't hear back from my sister in law with good news.

Yay!! That's great news!! I'm so happy for you! :applaud:

Oh good I'm so glad! I was worried! I'm sure your sil will be more careful now. When are you supposed to go back home?

ugh.. I'm mess right now.. apparently bella got out either on last thursday when we left for cali or the next day friday when my sister in law came to check on her. I freaking out.. They found her behind the house and are tryin to entice her in with the back slider door open and are hanging out watching tv with her food just inside the door. They initially put the wet food out to get her but made the dumb mistake and let her eat it all.. I am all the way here in cali trying to get my sister in law to get her in the house.. I am helpless! She has been out since then hunkered down in these weeds by our back neighbors house. She doesn't know Diane and is kinda freaked so she isn't going to come running to her. She is psycho cat as u guys know so I am at a loss what to do.

this is a nightmare...:sad:

I can't say not to worry, but cat's are very smart. Edge got out and a whole day and I didn't even know he was outside. I thought he was hiding. I went out back and he's laying on the grass next to the door sunbathing. Cats know who food source number 1 is. So I'm fairly certain your cat will come back. They are quite smart animals.

:hyper: omg!!!!!!!!!! Tragedy adverted... bella waltzed back into the house (this is so like her, im not coming in when you say but on my terms haha so there), my sister in law just called.. phew! I was this close to getting on a plane and flying back there. Apparently they were sitting down eating and noticed her walk by.. I am so so RELIEVED! that was just too much stress for me today.. im exhausted.. :huh:

sicy thanks for the tips.. I was gonna use the me on the phone calling her if we didn't hear back from my sister in law with good news.

Well, totally disregard my late post. Glad to hear she came back!:applaud:

I can't say not to worry, but cat's are very smart. Edge got out and a whole day and I didn't even know he was outside. I thought he was hiding. I went out back and he's laying on the grass next to the door sunbathing. Cats know who food source number 1 is. So I'm fairly certain your cat will come back. They are quite smart animals.

That's happened to me with both will and roscoe. :reject: When I was in college I Will got out one night. He must have snuck out when I got home from work. I was so tired I went right to bed and didn't know he was gone until I woke up the next morning. I had a garden apartment at the time. When I sat up in bed I found Will staring in my window, peeking under the blinds! I ran outside and grabbed him.

Roscoe got out when I moved home after college and was living with my parents again. My dad leaves for work at an ungodly hours and Roscoe always got up with him. He was much more my dad's cat than mine at that time. (the traitor!) He has always been a door darter and he slipped past my dad. When I was leaving for work a few hours later I found him sitting on the front porch. His entire underside was covered in dried mud and he couldn't have looked happier. I don't know what his deal is but he likes to roll in dirt/mud.

No cat has gotten out since I moved into my townhouse. :heart:

His entire underside was covered in dried mud and he couldn't have looked happier. I don't don't what his deal is but he likes to roll in dirt/mud.

:lol:Cat's are fantastic! They do such unexplainable things which, I don't know about you guys, but I find funny, because we don't understand why it is. But when they do those unexplainable cute things, it makes me love my cat more.

I am *so* glad to hear this!! :hug:

Ok this sounds weird but what if your sister puts you on speaker phone and you try to call her in?

I was on board for this idea! :up:

Oh, I'm so happy for you. :love: That's great new's!!

If you can find it on here, back in Jan/Feb. Bela took off for over 2 weeks.
I was very upset since she had just been to the vet and had the rubber bands removed and the vet wasn't even sure she was going to be able to save her leg. Then she was gone. I got another stray druing that time, Lovey, who is still with me, of course.
Bela came back, along with the 3 kittens she eventually had.

I had another cat come up for food this afternoon. She looked just like Jack, my fluffy white kitten or cat now. But this cat was much older than my clan and very pregnant. My first thought was, oh no. How will I resist this? But she was gone later - after eating. So, we'll see. Either way, she get's my help if she stays around. I hope she wasn't a stray. It just breaks my heart when people drop off cats.

Update on Bela: We spent alot of time together this weekend with the kittens out of the room and Lovey outside. It's going to be fine. She just wanted me too herself. :wink:
Nice to reconnect. I may have been neglecting her and just didn't realize how much - with work and the other cat's etc..
Won't make that mistake again. :heart:

thanks everyone it means so much!! :hug: to all!!! that's why I came in here after it happened cuz I knew I could talk to you all about it and find some support too. She has gotten out before and once over night since we have been in this house. But to be outside for four days! :ohmy: She never ventures too far from the house. thank god for that.. The thought of being 3,000 miles away and helpless just about killed me..:sad: But all is well and a happy ending. I think my sister in law will be a lot more cautious, i know she was quite freaked too.

we will be home in 6 days so I am sure bella will be glad to see us as we will her.

Glad to hear Bella came home, Amy :hug:

Mofo actually managed to escape a couple weeks ago. I guess I didn't close the door properly when I left with the pup for a walk and he must've slipped out. He'd been hovering around the door for weeks, so I think he was looking for an opportunity. When I got back I heard him meowing and luckily he'd only made it up one floor(I live in a small apartment building). He saw me and he looked freaked out, poor guy :giggle: He looked as if he was thinking 'This seemed like a good idea at the time :no:' I picked him up and carried him back. He couldn't get back in the apartment fast enough. He hasn't had any interest in the door since :shame:

Back in the "lean" teen months: Smoke in the Bowl

smokeinthebowl-1.jpg

smokeinthebowl-1.jpg

Smoke is so cute!! He reminds me -- especially his face and his expression -- of Spunky Butt. It's that innocent devil face. :wink:

Smokey is one of those sweet-natured cats, I don't think he has a devious bone in his body. His brother, Jack .. not so much. :wink:

I just now read this thread. So glad Bella is back home safe & sound Amy. :hug: :hug: :hug:

yesterday was one stressful day for us over here.. Glad it had a happy ending cuz i wouldn't of gotten an ounce of sleep last nite.. She is sneaky lil bugger.. She knew we were leaving too... I think she wanted come along...:D

Update on Bela: We spent alot of time together this weekend with the kittens out of the room and Lovey outside. It's going to be fine. She just wanted me too herself. :wink:
Nice to reconnect. I may have been neglecting her and just didn't realize how much - with work and the other cat's etc..
Won't make that mistake again. :heart:

Aww! That's great news! :)

smokeinthebowl-1.jpg

:cute:

My DD left for Sanibel yesterday and her old boys were in a tizzy. They didn't know where their Mama was. Murphy, the Maine Coon, kept trying to "herd me" (honestly, he's like a sheep dog) to feed him (I knew he'd been fed already). The big alpha cat Neo thought she was in the computer room (he's banned from the computer room because he gets behind the desk and chews cords ...)

When it came bedtime and I needed to round up my two little buckaroos, we couldn't find Neo or Jack. Neo had gotten the computer room door open -- he stands up and pulls on the lever handle and opens it! (we usually lock it just for that reason, but DD must have forgotten before she left). Jack skedaddled, but Neo went right under the bed in there. I had to try to pull him out, so much growling and claws came out. Then Jack got under there and Neo took it out on him. I finally had to use something to push at him to make him run.

It's like a 3-ring circus sometimes ......

It's like a 3-ring circus sometimes ......

Tell me about it. I was walking into the kitchen to put my bowl and glass from breakfast, in the dishwasher when I froze in place. Max was on the counter and had the bowl out to the edge. :doh: The glass was sitting in the bowl. He was licking up the little bit of milk left in the bowl.

When he saw me he, I tried to act like no big deal he was on the counter so he wouldn't scamper and knock the bowl off. Too late, I reached for it and he jumped, bowl and glass fell to floor and shards of glass.. splintered like rain..oh excuse me broke into song there..

Of course Jack had to come in and walk through the glass while I was trying to sweep it all up. I chased the cats out trying to get them out of the room so they wouldn't cut themselves to pieces..but they just went every which away. So I was cussing and fussing my way out the door to work - as much at myself for leaving the damn stuff for just a few minutes and Max knocking it off.

3-ring circus was tame in comparison. :wink:

And I forgot:

Last night I came into the bedroom to find the large plastic water glass I had had sitting on the stand next to my bed .... on the floor on the opposite side of the bed .. with a trail of water across the bed.

I had to sit and think about that one for a while, but concluded my little "waterbug" Smokey probably stuck his head in the glass, got it stuck, and ran across the bed before it dropped off on the other side.

Little dope. :doh:

I brought home a bowl of fruit salad (apples, grapes, strawberries, mandarin oranges) that was left over from our meeting at work today. Our big boy Fergus, who turns up his nose at chicken, went nuts trying to get pieces of apple out of the bowl. Go figure! :cute:

The little guys have shown no interest in "people food" or soft cat food. I'm wondering how I'm going to start them on it.

My very first cat when I was an "adult," Tigger (also a Maine Coon) liked olives and canned pink grapefruit (just to lick), and applesauce.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom