For Cat Lovers Only XI - Post Pics, Ask Questions, Comments, Etc.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
That would drive me crazy. Everyone I know knows how anal I am about my doors yet my brothers girlfriend still leaves the door open :rolleyes:

I probably would not let him out, even supervised because then he will always want to go out and he will drive you bonkers.
Good thing he didnt take off...

I like Frontline Plus best for dogs and cats. Someone explained to me how Revolution works, I don't remember the details, but I didn't like it and also I've heard Frontline yields better results.

I get mine from my vet, but they don't rip me off. I've heard the stuff online can be expired, generic, etc. so to be safe I go to the vet. Also when I buy 6 I get the 7th free.

Beckham is in the doghouse this morning! Yesterday I was brushing the dogs outside and noticed Beckham sneak out. I watched him go under a tree and just sniff around, so I figured since I was supervising there was no harm in him do a little exploring. I carried him back inside when I was done. Fast forward to 1:30am. I am asleep and woken up by the sound of a cat yowling. My first thought was that Coke bit a cat. I get up to check and find both dogs and Posh and Marijke all worked up by the yowling. Phil was already outside. I asked him what happened and he said it was my neighbor's cats (allowed to roam at large GRRRR!) getting into a fight right outside our window, but when he checked to make sure it was not Coke biting a cat indoors he could not find Beckham. I didn't know how this could be since I personally carried him inside. We couldn't find him and it was so dark so we went to bed. I got up to look for him this morning and sure enough, he is on the back porch waiting to come in. The only think we can think of is that Phil's dad left after I went to bed and Beckham snuck out behind him. He's not the most careful person with our doors, last time he was over he left both doors wide open and Coke ran away. Now Beckham thinks that b/c he went out once he deserves to be let out! He keeps howling at the door. I was thinking of letting him out with me on his old harness, but not if he thinks he can demand to go out whenever he pleased. The screened porch will have to suffice. He's also getting his collar back on in case he gets out again. No matter how careful we are, whenever people come over they can't seem to just SHUT the door behind them.

That is really scary--he could be out there all alone, not knowing where he was! :sad:

I probably would not let him out, even supervised because then he will always want to go out and he will drive you bonkers.

"But I WANNA!!!!!!"

2559139920_861e77bde0.jpg

Oh and this weekend Posh knocked over this really cool art/statue thing someone hand made and was given to us for our wedding. It's one of my favorite pieces, though it's not from Africa like most of my stuff, it fits right in. It's smashed to a gazillion pieces. :angry:

Thanks for the advice, everyone.

I called my vet this morning and told them I suspected Kitty got fleas at their office, and infected all the kittens. They said that while they take every precaution to assure that doesn't happen, it occasionally can. I told them the only problem I have with it is the expense of now having to treat 7 cats as opposed to them giving Kitty one treatment before she came home. So, instead of them giving me separate doses of Advantage for each kitten, which would have cost around $70 per month for three months for all of them, they gave me three vials for large dogs, with three syringes to measure them out for each cat with, at $17 per month for three months for all of them. I was very happy with that! :drool:

Oh, and, I guess I was wrong about it being available here otc. It's not. The tech also said that as far as she knows, Frontline isn't available here at all, unless they've started bringing it into the country very recently, all we have here is Advantage.

See that nice flat bed scanner/printer? Yeah it won't turn on b/c of CATS SITTING ON IT!

Oh and this weekend Posh knocked over this really cool art/statue thing someone hand made and was given to us for our wedding. It's one of my favorite pieces, though it's not from Africa like most of my stuff, it fits right in. It's smashed to a gazillion pieces. :angry:

Oh no! :yikes: My house is nuts these days. Anything I have that's valued is put away. It's like having a whole houseful of active toddlers with a tendency for destruction.

Oh no! :yikes: My house is nuts these days. Anything I have that's valued is put away. It's like having a whole houseful of active toddlers with a tendency for destruction.

:lol: I don't mean to laugh, but when I'm picking up an earring in one room and the other in the back of the place, it's kind of a :doh: moment.
Then I hear a splash in the bathroom, Jack and Lovey are playing on the toilet and Jack has fallen in. :doh: shut the lid stupid. (can't shut the door, litter box is in there)
Nothing dangles in my apt any longer. They shredded one corner of my table cloth. It's gone now. Jack climbed under the cover this morning and I thought Lovey and Maxie were about to rip it to shreds. I think they are worse than toddlers. Then again, I've never had that many toddlers. It's crazy I tell ya.:crazy: Well I don't have to tell you :wink:

I am sorry! did I offend everyone by posting that vid about the kittens? I was outraged and thought that y'all would be too.. :sad: I hope I didn't upset people.. Figured maybe I did by no response.. again i am truly sorry if I did.. :depressed:

^ :hug: I saw that story on the news earlier, it's so sickening :sad: What I wouldn't give to get my hands on someone like that :happy:

Personally I cant read stuff like that so I didn't even click on it (just went by what you said about it).

Personally I cant read stuff like that so I didn't even click on it (just went by what you said about it).

I completely understand. Trust me if they actually showed something I wouldn't of posted it. They just interviewed the woman that witnessed what happened who was so upset. The kittens were only 5 weeks old! She managed to save one kitten, named Luna that she kept that survived that horrific incident. Thank god! Some happy news from such an awful, awful thing..

Here's some close ups of Zoey. She's not quite as cooperative as Patches, oddly enough. :giggle:

booclose6-08.jpg

booclose26-08.jpg

I completely understand. Trust me if they actually showed something I wouldn't of posted it. They just interviewed the woman that witnessed what happened who was so upset. The kittens were only 5 weeks old! She managed to save one kitten, named Luna that she kept that survived that horrific incident. Thank god! Some happy news from such an awful, awful thing..

I saw it but didn't get a chance to comment at work and I just got online tonight. That person not wired right. He's a sociopath who's going to get his. If he can do that, he's done or will do worse. His payback is coming.
The Gucci act passed in Alabama some years back put's people away for up to 6 months just for neglect. This is murder in my book.
Gucci was a dog that was set on fire by 3 teenage boys who got time, but not compared to what they did. They passed the Gucci act after that. Gucci is still alive and well.
Last year the local humane society was offering a reward for information on a dog (Sugar) that was found with both of it's back paws missing by what the veternarian thought was rubber bands wrapped around it's back paws.
Much like what happened to my cat Bela.
I never heard anything else about it, but people like that are all over.
It's horribly sick and profoundly sad.
I'm glad one kitten survived and she was able to save it. :heart:

There's been a rather disturbing development in kitty land over the past week. :huh:

The two tabbys and Zoey (the torby) have started trying to nurse again. First, the started trying to suck on this old, nubby blanket I have lying around. Then they started doing it to each other. For the past few days, whenever Zoey is lying around, the two tabby boys go up to her and start nosing around on her belly and then suckling really loudly, and she lets them! None of them have nursed for well over a month. Before that, they'd try with their mom, and she'd get up and walk away. I'm not sure why they're doing this now, suddenly, after weeks of not doing it at all. A few times, they've even come up to us and start kneading with their paws, and then looking along our arms for some place to latch on! Mostly now, they're settling for their sister, since she's willing.

I don't know whether to find it troubling or amusing. :huh: They go to the vets for their boosters tomorrow. I'm going to ask her about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom