For Cat Lovers Only XI - Post Pics, Ask Questions, Comments, Etc.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
dianepm said:
TheNewKitties002.jpg

We just got these two today! We have yet to name them. They are two females.

They are beautiful! :love:

I'm very likely getting two foster cats this week, Raymond and Chewy. They are brothers. The owner is in a pinch and wants to keep them together. Finding someone who wants to adopt two adult cats is like finding a needle in a haystack. They are coming to my house b/c while the cattery at the shelter is very nice, I can't stand seeing cats caged, period.

DSCN1683.jpg

dianepm said:
TheNewKitties002.jpg

We just got these two today! We have yet to name them. They are two females.

They are absolutely gorgeous!! :love:

bonoishot said:

^ :lmao:

:covetsbothtabbies: And the tux is cute too. :love:

I somehow don't think the Canadian Embassay will accept that as a reason to give me a permanent visa so i can come and adopt the kitties. :lol: :sad:

Damned embassies and their stupid immigration rules! :madwife: Pet adoption ought to be a valid reason.

Liesje said:
I'm very likely getting two foster cats this week, Raymond and Chewy. They are brothers. The owner is in a pinch and wants to keep them together. Finding someone who wants to adopt two adult cats is like finding a needle in a haystack. They are coming to my house b/c while the cattery at the shelter is very nice, I can't stand seeing cats caged, period.

DSCN1683.jpg

They're lovely! I hope they can go to a home together, it'd be heartbreaking to separate them. :(

Sicy said:
So uh how does that work with your existing 3 cats and 2 dogs? :huh:

We'll see, but I'm guessing they'll appreciate having half of a house to themselves much more than being caged at a kill shelter!

VP, I don't think they will be separated, unless the original owner OKs it. We are looking for a home together b/c they have always been together. Hopefully it won't take too long since they are very well cared for (no cost involved for new owner since they are already neutered, shots, tested neg for FIV and leukemia). I was not going to take them b/c he didn't want to have to move them twice, but now there is no other choice besides the pound.

Sicy said:

:lol: !!!

Okay, I've examined that picture over and over, and I can't figure out how she did it! What was she jumping off of?

Acrobat kitty. :giggle:

Also, I was wondering, their coats are SO gorgeous, such a pretty colour and so sleek. Are they a specific breed?

Last edited:
That pic is pretty old, but I think I was playing with her feather toy and getting her to do flips and jumping up in the air lol... just happened to get the perfect pic :wink:

Zoey is the softest cat I've ever touched. Her fur is like rabbits fur :drool: They're not really a specific breed, Zoey might have some Russian Blue in her but they're just regular gray cats :)

Here are some more 'flying kitty' ones ...

flyingboo2.jpg

flyingboo5.jpg

flyingboo6.jpg

and little baby flying Saki....

flyingsaki.jpg

Sicy said:

Zoey is the softest cat I've ever touched. Her fur is like rabbits fur :drool: They're not really a specific breed, Zoey might have some Russian Blue in her but they're just regular gray cats :)

Beckham has fur like that too. It's just different than the other cats somehow. People mistake him for a blue but he's not. He has faded tabby stripes, wrong shape of the head, and his eyes are gold. He looks exactly like Jess and Paul's Sterling.

Sicy they might be regular gray cats but they're very, very pretty gray cats. :love: I agree with VP their fur is amazing as is Beckham's. I'm becoming to adore gray cats alot because of those 3. :love:

You've great at catching the mid air shots. Baby flying Saki. :giggle::cute:

Liesje thats great your keeping raymond and chewy together. I hope they find a home together they look like really sweet cats. :heart:

Ms Purrl and Liesje, they are all sooo cute. You will have hours of fun with them.
Your's really are beautiful, Sicy. :yes:

Maxie is almost solid grey but her fur is short and coarse.
Jack took a flying leap off the arm of the loveseat night before last and his target? my lap only he missed and scratched all the way down my leg. I nearly bled to death. (jk) and it scared him when I screamed and he ran - crazy kitten.
I'm like this :eyebrow: now. He's lucky he's so cute :love:

Haha that is SO not a simple question. (Everyone has different views on this topic).

I feed mostly dry and a spoonful or two of wet per day.

thanks, I guess yea, everyone will be different.

its just, ours is a wee bit huge. she would eat dried food til cows came home.

we tried Holistic (?) stuff, but can no longer get it.

a lot of it is supposed to be less fat but, but is dried food actually fattier than wet........because that may be what is keeping her biggish.

and we definately don't overfeed her, she gets two big jobs a day.

she cries a lot for food too, thou, even when well fed!

:eyebrow:

but I love the wee doddums!

Last edited:
Yeah if you put her on only wet food diet she will probably lose weight :up:

okay, we will try to cut down more.

see, we got her at the vets, ya know? and at time they fed all their kittens on the dried stuff, which is probably right.

but be assured, we would not do such a thing. I think the worst thing is thou, if we feed her, and then she always miaows at us in a kitten tone (never outgrew it), she is like 6 years old now, and she miaows and I feel so sorry for her, she does it like she is starving!

Last edited:
mad1 said:
but be assured, we would not do such a thing. I think the worst thing is thou, if we feed her, and then she always miaows at us in a kitten tone (never outgrew it), she is like 6 years old now, and she miaows and I feel so sorry for her, she does it like she is starving!

sounds like a typical cat to me... mine will cry at the door to the bathroom like they're being beaten, when you open the bathroom door they pile in, mill around for a minute and then run out :coocoo: :lol:

We mostly feed them dry food with wet food more as a treat twice a week... When it's time for the wet food you would think we had starved them or something though the way they carry on :tsk: :lol:

mad, all of mine cry for food every day, before every meal. If I forget to feed them, they are all howling. I feed them twice a day, the same ration every day. If anything, I think mine are slightly overweight. Don't feel guilty about it if she cries now and then for food. If she looks like she might be overweight, she probably is.

I think wet food or a combo of wet and dry is best. That said, my cats all eat only dry food, lol. I think the ingredients are more important than the type unless the cat has a health condition requiring one food over another. My cats sometimes eat too fast and barf, so they do better on dry b/c if forces them to slow down. I think cats with chronic UTI often eat wet so they get more water.

Kitty went in for spaying early this morning. I just called the vet, and everything went well, and I can pick her up tomorrow morning. :) Poor girl, she was jonesin' for some water pretty badly this morning before I took her.

I'm incredibly happy about the no more howling all night thing. :drool: :drool:

Aw they're keeping her over night? Will someone be there? I always thought that was silly. Here, you drop them off in the morning and pick them up in the evening. Glad it went well :hug:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom