For Cat Lovers Only X - Post Pics, Ask Questions, Comments, Etc.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I love all of the pics :cute:

I would love to get a kitten but:

a) Worf is 14 and has never really played well with others (based on the cats she has seen outside through the sliding glass door - except for the big, gray one, she tolerates him)

b) I still live at home :reject:

I'm enjoying watching the progress of VP's kittens though.

It's a miracle! ;)

zoeysakisleepbed.jpg

Awwww look at them!!!!!!!! :cute:

When I'm home next weekend for spring break I'll have to take lots of pictures of chloe and put them up. Poor thing, my parents have painters coming in to paint the entire upstairs, she's going to freak out.

Sicy said:
It's a miracle! ;)

zoeysakisleepbed.jpg

Aw!

We had a miracle today too!

2306621042_7991f8ab3c.jpg

I'm washing all the bedding and Beckham made a nest in the pillows. Coke came in and sat next to him and Beckham never moved. Usually he growls at Coke and then boxes him in the face until he leaves.

Just out of curiousity Sicy, how long did that take? :wink:

I realize it's been less than a week that Bela and Lovey have been together and I've been doing everything I can read about on how to introduce them to each other.
I don't necessarily want "perfect harmony" I'm just ready to stop playing musical rooms and don't want either one to hurt the other.
I'll take all suggestions..:yes:

Well I think until they're both spayed you're going to have a hard time getting them to get along, because they're already aggitated as it is. With me it was easier because Zoey was just 2 and Saki was a kitten, so when you bring a kitten in to meet an adult cat, the adult cat is not as threatened, and the kitten just wants to play.. so for them it only took about a week. But yeah it can take months, and sometimes worst case they may never get along. I hope that is not the case. You can also get Feliway, available at pet stores. It's like a glade plug in that is supposed to send out calming pheromes or whatever they're called :lol: That might help.

Each time I've introduced a new cat, I would say it took about a month to 6 weeks before I was comfortable leaving all cats together while I was gone.

Do you think Bela being pregnant and in heat has anything to do with it. She seems tolerant, to a degree but if Lovey tries to approach her, non threatening mind you, Bela goes beserk..
I can see her hiding behind the entertainment center, or I should say..just her eyes. They look..like she could kill, or is ready too. Now she's growling.
Lovey took herself back to the bedroom..
Is it a good sign that, at least, Bela isn't attacking her?

Duh :huh: that was a stupid question..
I'm just freaked out myself.
We're under tornado watches again.

Last edited:
sue4u2 said:
Do you think Bela being pregnant and in heat has anything to do with it. She seems tolerant, to a degree but if Lovey tries to approach her, non threatening mind you, Bela goes beserk..
I can see her hiding behind the entertainment center, or I should say..just her eyes. They look..like she could kill, or is ready too. Now she's growling.
Lovey took herself back to the bedroom..
Is it a good sign that, at least, Bela isn't attacking her?

Duh :huh: that was a stupid question..
I'm just freaked out myself.
We're under tornado watches again.

I can't help but wonder if the loss of her paw is also making Bela more defensive. It may very well still be causing her some pain, and even if it isn't she is probably still learning to deal with not having it and might be unsure of how well she can defend herself. So rather than get into a situation where she does have to defend herself she's taking the offense as a defense. That "the best defense is a good offense" thing. :)

indra said:

I can't help but wonder if the loss of her paw is also making Bela more defensive. It may very well still be causing her some pain, and even if it isn't she is probably still learning to deal with not having it and might be unsure of how well she can defend herself. So rather than get into a situation where she does have to defend herself she's taking the offense as a defense. That "the best defense is a good offense" thing. :)

You know, that is an excellent point, indra. :up: I'll keep that in mind before I get irritated with her not wanting to play nice..

Oh I forgot, here's another trick. If you let them meet, before hand dab a bit of vanilla extract on each cat. Under the chin, base of the tail, and back of the neck. This way they will kind of smell 'the same' and it could reduce the hissing and growling and whatnot. That's another thing I did with Zoey and Saki.

Worf went to the vet today.

Basically, we can't tell what the lumps are unless they do surgery to remove them and doing surgery depends on what the bloodwork says that they took today.

And if the lumps were cancerous, would it be wise to put an almost 15 year old cat through chemo, etc.

But the lumps may just be cysts or fatty deposits.

So I know nothing more than I knew yesterday :lol:

As long as Worf acts the same (eating, drinking, maintains the same weight), I think I'll hold off on any surgery unless the blood work comes back really strange.

And the good thing is that the vet gave me some Glucosomine to help her joints :up:

right now, she's giving herself a bath :)
Photo3.jpg

Last edited:
Aw that's so scary.. I hope the bloodwork is normal :hug:
And no I probably wouldnt put a 15 year old cat through chemo :(
Just make her as happy and as comfortable as possible without surgery unless its something like CRF, like what ChiChi had, that can be maintained. Keep us posted :hug:

Jack sends Worf get well wishes :hug:

I finally uploaded a bunch of pictures from my camera.

This is Jack with his favorite catnip lemon:

IMG_0358.jpg

This is him thinking if he holds still I won't see him on the table:

IMG_0354.jpg

This is him in his new favorite hideout spot, on top of the kitchen cabinets:

IMG_0311.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom