For Cat Lovers Only X - Post Pics, Ask Questions, Comments, Etc.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
kellyahern said:
I'll echo what everyone else said . . . :cute:

To me it looks like two tuxedo kittens and 4 tabbies in the litterbox :cute:

Yeah, I was able to take a closer look last night, and that's what there are. The final kitten tally is 6. :) In that one picture, one of the must have been stretched out to look really big.

I'm going to try to line the box today with newspapers, and then a towel over it. Every time I've tried so far, the kittens howl, and mama jumps back in to nurse them. I'll try to get more pictures later, too.

Adorable cats and kittens, everyone who's posted pics. ylimeU2, when I see kittens the age of your brother's, I just melt. :cute: Can't wait for these ones to become more interactive!

I can't believe I'm posting in the cat thread! I'm soooooooo not a cat person. Well at least I wasn't until last week. I just moved in with my sister, her boyfriend, their dog and cat. I was so excited to move into a house with a dog. Well the dog is complete goofball and I can't ever get her to do anything but the cat is my best friend now! I'd met the cat before and I thought she was a little snot with me. But now she lives on my bed and is always by my side. My sister is not happy about this new development. :tsk: Lily went from spending all of her time with my sister to ignoring her now! I call her my little roomie, which my sister hates :)

So anyways....here's my little Lily :drool:
IMG_1351.jpg

sleeping on my bed last night..... this is my favorite! :cute: She's always like this when I walk into my room. :drool:

IMG_1407.jpg

VintagePunk said:
I'm going to try to line the box today with newspapers, and then a towel over it. Every time I've tried so far, the kittens howl, and mama jumps back in to nurse them. I'll try to get more pictures later, too.

Awww she's such a protective mama :cute:

Can't wait for these ones to become more interactive!

No you dont :lol: When they are old enough to run around they're going to be getting into EVERYTHING. You'll seriously need to kitten proof the entire house. :crack:

Awww Lily looks so sweet :cute:

I remember you saying you didnt like cats. And now that you gave one a chance I bet you can see why we all love them :cute: :up:

Sicy said:
Awww Lily looks so sweet :cute:

I remember you saying you didnt like cats. And now that you gave one a chance I bet you can see why we all love them :cute: :up:

I'm not totally sold on the whole cat thing but Lily is a good start. Part of my problem with cats vs dogs are nothing more than allergies. I've really never been able to be in the same room as a cat without thinking I'm going to die of an allergy/asthma attack. I've never had any problems around dogs. In fact, all of my allergy tests I've had over the years, and I've had many :( , have all come up that I'm only allergic to cats. Now that I'm in a climate where we can have the doors and windows open, I can't even tell I'm in a house with a cat. I haven't had a single attack of any kind. I hope that keeps up because I'd hate to have to kick my little roomie out of my room! :(

Sicy said:

Awww she's such a protective mama :cute:

No you dont :lol: When they are old enough to run around they're going to be getting into EVERYTHING. You'll seriously need to kitten proof the entire house. :crack:

I know! I think I'm going to do what we talked about last night, and make one room the kitten room. It'll keep us all sane and safe. :lol:

Okay, I just got the papers and towel halfway in before she jumped in to nurse again. This is really the first time I've handled any of the kittens. I noticed that one of them has distinct brown markings, like a calico. I just looked it up, and I'm not sure if it would count as a real calico, or if it's what they call a spotted tabby. And, I have no idea if their colouring will change as they get bigger.

I've been wary of handling them till now, and when I first started putting in the towel, it was hard because mama was all over me, demanding my attention, before she jumped back into the box. I'm sensing that she doesn't mind me around the kittens. It almost seems as if she just wants to be part of it, when I do. At least I hope that's the case. It's almost like me being a new mother again, and hoping I'm doing the right things. :lol:

ETA - okay, she just got out, and I was able to put the towel in properly. While I was doing it, she laid a few feet from the box, dozing and purring. So she seems to trust me with them. Yay! :)

Last edited:
:applaud: Yay!!!! That is wonderful.

And i was thinking, I bet she picked that box to have the kittens because the sides are VERY high and she knows the kittens wont be able to climb out. Maybe she's smarter than we are giving her credit for :hmm:

I was leaving tonight to catch U23D one last time before it leaves town, and who was outside... BELA!! :hyper:
Here I was trying to keep Lovey inside while I shut the door and Bela is outside meowing at me like what? repalced me so soon. Lovey came out and started walking around her and they both started hissing at each other.
I'm about to have a housefull of cats, literally. Bela is definitely pregnant and I'm still not sure about Lovey.
I'm so happy she's back but I have to keep her in the back room so she can eat and Lovey will leave her alone.
The piece of her foot that was injured has come off. Everything looks fine as far as I can tell, but she doesn't want me to hold her it seems, so I haven't looked at it good. Just got back from the movie so I've got to figure out another litter box as well as inspect Bela closer. She hasn't been taken care of and looks like she's been outside alot. I'm letting her eat and letting Lovey calm down. All I can say is: oh my. what now. :ohmy:

P.S. - Kelly that was the cutest video. :love:

Last edited:
sue4u2 said:
I was leaving tonight to catch U23D one last time before it leaves town, and who was outside... BELA!! :hyper:
Here I was trying to keep Lovey inside while I shut the door and Bela is outside meowing at me like what? repalced me so soon. Lovey came out and started walking around her and they both started hissing at each other.
I'm about to have a housefull of cats, literally. Bela is definitely pregnant and I'm still not sure about Lovey.
I'm so happy she's back but I have to keep her in the back room so she can eat and Lovey will leave her alone.
The piece of her foot that was injured has come off. Everything looks fine as far as I can tell, but she doesn't want me to hold her it seems, so I haven't looked at it good. Just got back from the movie so I've got to figure out another litter box as well as inspect Bela closer. She hasn't been taken care of and looks like she's been outside alot. I'm letting her eat and letting Lovey calm down. All I can say is: oh my. what now. :ohmy:

Oh, Sue--that is such wonderful news! I think that Bela will get used to you and to being inside again, and you will be able to have it looked at and make sure it's okay. Love that houseful of cats! :heart:

Oh I'm so glad Bela is back! :yippie: I tell you they do know where the suckers live! :D Every time I've seen you post in this thread since Bela got out I've been hoping to read that she came back...I'm so pleased she did!

:yippie: for Sue and Bela!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So happy for you... now you will have a full house of kitties and the drama that goes with it.. :wink:

But a happy family none the less.. :D

I'm headed home for lunch. Hope these two haven't torn down the doors trying to get at each other. Major territory war going on in my house. Only Bela is at a disadvantage.
Called the vet and they want me to bring Bela in tomorrow morning.
Going to see when I can bring Lovey in to be spayed. She's driving me crazy howling in the window at 4:30 - 5 am every morning and waking me up all during the night.
Now if they would both just get along and play nice with each other. Guess that'll take more time. :wink:
:hug: to all.

sue4u2 said:
I'm headed home for lunch. Hope these two haven't torn down the doors trying to get at each other. Major territory war going on in my house. Only Bela is at a disadvantage.
Called the vet and they want me to bring Bela in tomorrow morning.
Going to see when I can bring Lovey in to be spayed. She's driving me crazy howling in the window at 4:30 - 5 am every morning and waking me up all during the night.
Now if they would both just get along and play nice with each other. Guess that'll take more time. :wink:
:hug: to all.

http://cats.about.com/cs/catmanagement101/a/introducecats.htm

I love when tuxedo cats have a pink nose :cute:

I made a vet appointment for Worf next week. She's had a lump that the vet thought was nothing and I've noticed another lump. Hopefully they are just cysts or fatty deposits (like the vet thought), but I'm taking her to see another vet in the same office to get a second opinion, just to be sure. The first vet didn't think it was worth knocking her out to do a biospy because she thought that was too risky because of her age (14). I'm not sure about that either, but I'll see what the second vet says.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom