For Cat Lovers Only VIII - Post Pics, Ask Questions, Comments, Etc.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
KhanadaRhodes said:
more news: we got a trap today and captured the kitty. we got it inside and had it in a cat carrier in the sunroom and then...my dad walks in and says their brother or sister is on the front porch eating the food :yikes:

he was going to get the bowls we'd set up for the kitten and there was another one! so now we've got TWO stray cats in our sunroom. given their ages and everything (they look identical), they've got to be from the same litter. so, we stuck them in the same carrier so they could hang out together. i don't think we can afford two more cats though :( we'll see...

omg. Good job on getting them! Well, you could always keep them until they're 8 weeks and then adopt them out or find a no kill shelter to take them too. I'm sure after you've socialized them they'll find homes with no problem.

everyone's kitties are sooo cute. I love B+W cats, we had one when I was growing up. Never knew about the ginger cat thing either. Our grey tabby cat has decided that the quilt I'm making for my nephew is her new bed! Whenever I pick it up to start sewing I get the filthiest look. She'll come and sit right where I'm sewing so I can't do anymore. Is it sad that I thought about starting a new quilt and giving her this one?

Sicy said:
omg. Good job on getting them! Well, you could always keep them until they're 8 weeks and then adopt them out or find a no kill shelter to take them too. I'm sure after you've socialized them they'll find homes with no problem.
yeah, my mom was stressing out today because she didn't know how we'd take care of two kittens and i told her as much as i'd love to keep both of them so they're not separated and everything, i know that's unrealistic. we'd be at six cats if we did that :huh:

we made an appointment for them to go to the vet monday to make sure nothing's wrong with them, and bought them a bigger kennel for them to hang out in. since we don't know if they have fleas or anything, we're keeping them in there but it's a big kennel so there's plenty of room. one of them really likes me it seems, i picked up both of them and one just totally sunk into me while the other didn't seem to want to be held. my mom's named one ginger and the other spice :giggle:

Well more good news. We took Emerson back into the vet this morning and his numbers were up! The vet said that she believes he will make a complete recovery!

We aren't out of the woods yet (he has to be on meds for the next 4-6 weeks), but we are very happy with the good news.

I'll keep you posted.

It's over 90 and humid here. We are on the third floor, so the apartment is scorching. The cats are NOT pleased! They pretty much lay around as if dead, as stretched out as possible, whining at me when I walk by.

June%2015%20001.jpg

June%2015%20007.jpg

June%2015%20009.jpg

June%2015%20011.jpg

June%2015%20010.jpg

June%2015%20008.jpg

Glad to hear Emerson is doing better :)

It's supposed to be in the high 80s here for the next three days, then cool off quite a bit again. I'm hoping to put off putting in my two AC units as long as possible, since it really runs up my electric bill to run them. When it's really hot in here, Jack likes to be wiped down with cool wet paper towels, and sometimes I'll give him some ice cubes with his water, but he usually just bats at them and makes a big mess.

Jack just got up on my lap to investigate this new soap I bought yesterday. I let him smell it, and he gagged and almost threw up on my lap. I guess he won't want to smell that again :lmao:

KhanadaRhodes said:
one of them really likes me it seems, i picked up both of them and one just totally sunk into me while the other didn't seem to want to be held. my mom's named one ginger and the other spice :giggle:

:cute: That is so cute. That's cool that one is friendly :up:

Great news about Emerson :applaud:

Poor Lies' hot babies :giggle: It's been hot here too. I also do the 'wipe down' when its really hot. I use a cool washcloth.

Dalton said:
Well more good news. We took Emerson back into the vet this morning and his numbers were up! The vet said that she believes he will make a complete recovery!

We aren't out of the woods yet (he has to be on meds for the next 4-6 weeks), but we are very happy with the good news.

I'll keep you posted.

That's wonderful news! I'm so happy for you. :)

And everyone's cats are soooo cute. :cute:

On the yellow/orange cat thing -- one day my mum and I were taking a day out and at out very first stop we managed to get suckered into taking an adorable yellow and white kitten (the woman had found it in the parking lot and wasn't allowed cats where she lived -- I think she must have lived in a group home or similar because she was obviously quite a bit on the slow side). So plans for the day went out the window and we decided to go to the pet store and pick up some supplies and then head off the the vet. Having an adorable little kitten with us we chatted with several people at the pet store and we all agreed that it was fortunate the cat was yellow/orange because it would be male and as such "fixing" it would be cheaper and easier. We were so sure it was a male we didn't even check.

However, the vet did check and that cute little yellow and white male kitten turned out to actually be a cute little yellow and white female cat. :ohmy: Her name is Mitzi (or HellCat Bitch, depending on her mood) and I still have her. :)

I have yet to see a male tortoiseshell or calico cat though.

Last edited:
Sicy said:
Wow that's really rare!!

Yeah, Mitzi is "special" all the way through. :wink:

She's mellowed now, but when she would get mad she would actually chase us and nip at our ankles. It was nothing really serious, but she can be quite the cranky old girl.

And when my sister was visiting and pushed Mitzi off the couch, Mitzi promptly went in and peed all over her open suitcase and all her clothes. Beth got that message loud and clear! :lol:

Liesje said:
It's over 90 and humid here. We are on the third floor, so the apartment is scorching. The cats are NOT pleased! They pretty much lay around as if dead, as stretched out as possible, whining at me when I walk by.

June%2015%20001.jpg

June%2015%20007.jpg

June%2015%20009.jpg

June%2015%20011.jpg

June%2015%20010.jpg

June%2015%20008.jpg

sorry to hear that the cats were on the verge of death.. :giggle: such drama queens/kings... :rolleyes:

cats are so obvious when it comes to being unhappy.. "written all over their face.. and in their body language.. This just cracks me up! :lmao:
my cat does this all the time..

BonoIsMyMuse said:
Jack just got up on my lap to investigate this new soap I bought yesterday. I let him smell it, and he gagged and almost threw up on my lap. I guess he won't want to smell that again :lmao:

OMG!!! :lmao: :laugh:

my cat just loves it (NOT)when I am in the bathroom hairspraying my hair.. she gives me this squinty pissed off look..like WTF..:huh:

I've been thinking about getting a cat for months now, and finally remembered to ask my landlord about the policy.

$400, $200 of which is nonrefundable. Sheesh.

Guess I'm starting Coriander's Kitty Fund. I'm horrible at saving money. Maybe by Christmas I'll have that much saved. :sad:

I hate high pet fees. I totally understand them, since pets can cause extensive damage and no doubt many people do not properly care for or clean up after their pets, but I wish landlords were more lenient and did background checks to be more fair. The new place we are moving into said "no pets" and then I negotiated a pet agreement whereby the landlord contacted ALL of my previous landlords and two references to check up on their experiences with my pets and then was comfortable offering me a $300 refundable deposit for 3 cats and 1 dog. So far, that's been the cheapest for me - 300 refundable for 4 animals - and all because the landlord was willing to make sure I was responsible. My first landlord required a $300 non-refundable payment for cats. The $300 itself wasn't too bad, but just having to pay that (and not get it back) at the same time as adopting the cat and paying for all of those expenses kinda sucked. Luckily, my housemate adopted cats and then paid me back for half of it to be fair. One of her cats had UTI and peed on her carpet, so we actually replaced ALL of the carpet in her bedroom ourselves and treated the subflooring with an enzyme remover. That landlord cannot claim we are irresponsible! I just wish more deposits were refundable.

corianderstem said:
$400, $200 of which is nonrefundable. Sheesh.

That's not too bad. I had to pay $500 :angry:
But, I think its refunded if I move out and there's no damage (which there isnt).

Sicy said:
Snowflake and Patches being lazy.

patches6-07.jpg

Is this snowflake or patches, sicy?

(s)he's a great looking cat.

RE: high pet costs, this thing with emerson is going to cost us around 500-550. :ohmy:

I wish I could say that I wouldn't have spent that much money on a cat if my wife wasn't involved, but I know I would have ...

Wow! It must depend on where you live, because the most we ever paid for a cat deposit was $100 a year.

My sister swandiver recently got two new kitty boys, Smokey Joe, and Jack. They were adopted from a shelter--they had another brother and a sister, and all of them have homes now. Being their proud auntie, I think it's okay if I post their picture.

SmokeyJoeJack060907.jpg

Dalton said:
Is this snowflake or patches, sicy?

(s)he's a great looking cat.

RE: high pet costs, this thing with emerson is going to cost us around 500-550. :ohmy:

I wish I could say that I wouldn't have spent that much money on a cat if my wife wasn't involved, but I know I would have ...

That's Patches. She's my socialized feral cat.

And yeah, I just spent about $600 on her after she got beat up twice by another cat. :|

OK, so when Chloe gets fed in the morning and evening, she gobbles it up right away and then continues to act hungry. She's been on the same serving for months now, she should be used to it...and I'm afraid the way she eats so fast could be contributing to her anal glands becoming impacted. She gets 1/3 in the morning and 1/3 in the evening, plus occasional food from the table and treats.

Thoughts?

MsPurrl said:
Wow! It must depend on where you live, because the most we ever paid for a cat deposit was $100 a year.

My sister swandiver recently got two new kitty boys, Smokey Joe, and Jack. They were adopted from a shelter--they had another brother and a sister, and all of them have homes now. Being their proud auntie, I think it's okay if I post their picture.

SmokeyJoeJack060907.jpg

So cute! What kind of cats are they?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom