For Cat Lovers Only VIII - Post Pics, Ask Questions, Comments, Etc.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah some cats just drool when they're happy.

Mine drool like crazy when they are rubbing on their cat nip toys :giggle:

Well the problem is something other than her anal glands, but we're not entirely sure what. We're going to try giving her some Laxatone every day to maybe soften her stool and hopefully that'll work. If not we'll have to take her back and they'll have to run some tests.

I posted this pic of Zoey in a thread on the ebay forums and someone captioned it for me :lmao:

invisible-pogo.jpg

I finally took some money and gift cards I've been saving since Christmas and bought a digital camera. I'm still learning how to use it, but Jack was eager to help by sniffing the lense when I tried to take a picture of him.

Jackcloseup.jpg

Then he went off to play with his favorite catnip banana on the couch.

nanner3.jpg

OK, so it's obvious chloe needs to poop but it's painful for her. She just went into the litterbox on her own (which is an accomplishment itself) and i listened and she seemed to be making squeaking sounds...it's hard to articulate online...then she came running out and started digging at her rear with her front paws which she has been doing awhile. I went in and looked at the litterbox but there didn't appear to be any fresh poop. She had also just thrown up/coughed up a hairball before she went into the litterbox (i'm not sure where or how much though because I heard her but i never saw anything on the floor)

She's been taking the Laxatone stuff, and it's a big step for her to at least try and use the litterbox instead of the couch or the carpet, but it's obvious she's having pain and difficulty-and we know it's not her anal glands.

Could she have some kind of blockage? I don't know about cats, but dogs get this a lot. Something gets stuck somewhere, or their stomach or intestine twists and blocks everything. X-rays can show it quite easily and it can become fatal quickly.

Sure seems like it to me, she spends a lot of time hiding under the beds and we have to entice her out. Her appetite seems fine though, and she's urinating normally in her litterbox.

Fergus :cute:

I love orange kitties. There's an orange and white kitty who lives in our neighborhood, Mr. Whiskers. He always comes running when he's outside and sees me come home. He's what made me want to get a kitty a few years ago.

BonoIsMyMuse said:
Fergus :cute:

I love orange kitties. There's an orange and white kitty who lives in our neighborhood, Mr. Whiskers. He always comes running when he's outside and sees me come home. He's what made me want to get a kitty a few years ago.

Speaking of orange kitties, here's this week's update on Sir Simon the Orange, of Virginia. Can't wait to meet him in less than a month!

http://www.art-rageous.net/artrageousblog/?p=52

Hi everyone...i haven't been around for a while and cant believe all the pages and pages i had to catch up on.
Loving all the gorgeous new kitty photos!!
01-24.gif

Well, I've taken my baby Columbus off to the vets again today. I've been attempting to get a urine sample off him for a few weeks without any success - he just WILL NOT go to the toilet inside! So anyway, it was off to the vets today to see if they can get a sample off him. I have a feeling he is going to be one unimpressed cat when he gets back. I'm pretty sure they aren't going to have much more luck than me, and will have to give him IV fluids to get his bladder full and then will have to do a catheter to get the urine. He is such a silly cat and just doesn't drink - never has. I added extra water to his food this morning as the vet suggested and he was even suspicious of that.

Anyhow, I'll be waiting by the phone today to hear how things have gone, and to find out if he's going to have to go on long term medication and a special diet...not looking forward to that, that's for sure.
av-1512.gif

BonosLil'Pal94 said:
I hope Chloe and Columbus are ok! :hug:

:yes:

It is so scary when pets are sick. I always feel helpless, not being able to tell what is going on. :( Hope everyone's kitties are doing better.

He sort of looked like this :reject: It seems like the biggest litterbox in the world, but I'm sure it's just a normal sized one :giggle:

Poor baby! What happens if you use a different box, a different type of litter, and put it in a new location? I wonder if it's possible to break the association with pain?

OK my dad just bought a new kind of litter...i swear it looks like pretzels. I'm not sure Chloe knows what to think of it because it's so different...we'll see how that works out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom