For Cat Lovers Only VI - Post Pics, Ask Questions, Comments, Etc.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
U2Girl1978 said:

Because she doesn't like to be brushed. And because of that her fur has dreadlocked. :(

Whenever I try to brush her she tries to claw me. It's ridiculous.

One of my cats is like that too (and of course is one of the two I have with long hair). She really hates to be brushed and will claw and bite like crazy when I try.

I should schedule her for a shave as well. I have to admit I've been putting it off because I feel like such a bad kitty mommy when I take her in looking like that, especially to my new vet. :reject:

Liesje said:

Working up a hairball? :(

When Beckham does it, you can see right away what it is (either part of a leaf/stick, a macaroni noodle, or a piece of something inorganic he ate off the carpet).

Poor Mia

I've been really lucky with Mia in terms of hairballs - she rarely, if ever, gets them.

I think Trevor was spot on - it was just literally all her food, so I think her eyes were bigger than her stomach, which is usually the case with her.

I went out as soon as I knew she was ok, and she's purring happily in my lap right now so all's good. :up:

We have a kitty who has that same kind of problem with her fur. She actually doesn't mind being brushed, but she won't tolerate it for long. Eventually we reach a point where we have to shave her down and start over. We do it at home because she shrieks and screams and carries on so badly at the vet's office. Her chart there has gold stars all over it...and that's not because she is a good girl...the stars correspond to bad behavior, not good behavior. Here are some pix:

HollyBefore.jpg

Before
HollyAfter.jpg

After
HollyFur.jpg

The pile of fur left on the rug after we've shaved her...

What kind of clippers do you use for that, Catlady? I'm thinking the at-home routine might work well for my cat too. She's an absolute terror at the vet. (She is at home too, but I'm used to her. :wink: )

And your bottom pic looks a bit like my floor after a cat spat. :ohmy:

^ i've always wondered what my 2 would do with some catnip - wonder if it would perk columbus up a bit - all he does these days is sleep!!
I have a feeling that Jewel would go completely psycho - could be amusing and make for some good photos :)

mandy1973 said:
^ i've always wondered what my 2 would do with some catnip - wonder if it would perk columbus up a bit - all he does these days is sleep!!
I have a feeling that Jewel would go completely psycho - could be amusing and make for some good photos :)

It really depends on your cat, our youngest doesn't really have any reaction at all (but he's normally spaced out), the middle child gets all sleepy and lazy (again, not much of a difference :wink: ) and the eldest goes apeshit and will literally chase the other two around trying to kill them.:ohmy:

:lol: :lol: !!!

My cats also go nuts for bleach. If I have cleaned the shower or bathroom with bleach and they smell it they start going crazy rolling all over the floor and all over everything :giggle:

Our kitty has a love-hate relationship with catnip: He plays with it, flings it far and then runs after it and attacks it, bites it, claws it and sometimes.... he licks it and puts it between his paws and rests his head on it and sleeps. :)

That's what Posh does. It doesn't really make her high, but she attacks it and tries to rip it apart. Then she will purr and lick it. If I try to take it, she growls.

What really makes her high is hardcover book binding adhesive and packing tape adhesive.

Posh just took a day old half piece of pizza out of the sink and ate it. I tried to get it, but she runs and hides where I can't reach her.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom