For Cat Lovers Only V - Post Pics, Ask Questions, Comments, Etc.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Jack thankfully stays away from candles, but I never leave the room when I have one burning. He does like to stick his face in the steam from the radiators, though. Usually it's just warm, but if it's especially cold out, the radiators get hot and he burns himself with the steam and runs away, but then he'll be back over there again later.

He stole my parents' kitties' Christmas presents! He hid one of the mice behind the DVD player and keeps running around with the bird. He also took off with the fuzzy feather ball on a string, but I think he was afraid of that, because he dropped it and ran away from it.

Catlady said:

DSC07586.jpg

So cute :cute:

Brushing seems to make the biggest difference in cutting down on hairballs, less hair going in when they groom themselves. Ideally you want to try to brush daily. Many clients have noticed that if they do a short haircut on their long haired cats, they will go months with no hair balls - another reason I think it is often a matter of the sheer volume they are ingesting.

I've posted a pic before (maybe in the last thread?), the best tool for getting extra hair out of the long haired cats is the Mat Breaker - looks like a sort of funny comb.

Some of the foods labeled for hairball management help some cats, but more than the diets or 'cat lax' products, brushing does the most for prevention.

:scream:

We finally got pics of the new baby but I can't find my camera cord. Karl took the photo stick in to get pics, I assumed he'd put them on CD but no! I have hard copy pics that I can't get off of my scanner!!! :scream:

Hopefully can figure this out tomorrow :sigh:

Very cute pics BTW :cute:

Sicy said:
Catlady he is so cute. Do you have a recent pic?

we took some for our holiday card but they are on joe's hard drive; will find and post soon. :) he's such a little love...

Finally!

So this is little Miss Lily, she is about 6 months old:

DSCN0409.jpg

DSCN0413.jpg

Not quite cuddling with her new big sister Iris, but very close together and seeming calm - Iris is on the right:
DSCN0431.jpg

DSCN0432.jpg

I'm frustrated with my camera (nikon Coolpix 7600), if I try to take a picture with the flash off, it always comes out blurry - even if I take the picture when the camera is sitting flat like on a table :mad: Even if I have all the windows open on a bright sunny day, on auto setting the flash always goes off. Just would be nice to get some consistent pics without the glowing eyes....

Try a backlit setting maybe? It flashes, but the shutter opens later, so it usually helps cut back on red eye and wash-out-ness. But like not using a flash, you'll have to hold it very still. My mom has the same issue with her Nikon (blurry pics). I'm hoping to play around with it more on Christmas and see what the deal is (I've only used Canons) b/c I want to switch to Nikon.

One thing that comes to mind is her furr. I have a blurring problem a lot with Beckham because he is solid gray. If he's in the center of the photo, and most cameras look to the center to auto-focus, the camera doesn't know what to do b/c there is no detail. I see your kitty is the same, the torti markings are not detailed enough for a camera to pick up on. I'm not sure how the Nikons work, but my camera gives me a little box in the center that indicates where it's going to focus from and if I point that at Beckhams eyes, nose, or the edge of his body to focus (hold button down halfway), then move the camera so he's now centered, and shoot the pic, I get better results. Posh is easier for the camera because she is black and white with more striking eyes.

Other than this, I mainly use completely manual settings for indoor shots, unless the cats are by a window and there's enough sunlight for the AUTO to register no flash. Sometimes if the cats are half asleep, I just get mean and get this flexible lamp to point in their face like this:
Picture%20438.jpg

lamp
IMG_1077.JPG

That close-up of her face turned out great!

And holy cow those cats look like real sisters!! She is sooooo pretty :cute:

Last edited:
Just want to say thanks for the hairball advice. Also, I went downstairs this afternoon and discovered that Tihama had made herself cosy in a discarded gift box:

tihama1.jpg

tihama2.jpg

She loves it so much that I can't bear to throw the box away!

Thanks for the pictures bls :heart:.

I spent last night at my sister's apartment. Her kitten, Homer, had great fun with my air mattress. He kept pouncing on it like it was a kitty moonwalk :lol:. He also got in the refridgerator last night. I forgot how much energy a kitten can have.

Oooh, I love the cat in the box!

Posh does that kind of thing b/c she loves the tape on boxes. She has this weird addiction to certain adhesives, like the sticky side of packing tape and older book binding glue. She honestly gets some kind of high. She'll lick the tape and roll around purring, or rub her face on a book for several minutes and get all mellow.

Liesje said:
Oooh, I love the cat in the box!

Posh does that kind of thing b/c she loves the tape on boxes. She has this weird addiction to certain adhesives, like the sticky side of packing tape and older book binding glue. She honestly gets some kind of high. She'll lick the tape and roll around purring, or rub her face on a book for several minutes and get all mellow.

:lol:

Worf gets high off of bengay :huh:.

Just getting ready to take my Alex cat to the emergency vet. He's not eating today, vomiting, got in and out of the litterbox without using it :uhoh: , and growls/cries when I touch him or when he tries to move. Poor kitty. :(

Wish me and Alex luck.

Back
Top Bottom