For Cat Lovers Only IX - Post Pics, Ask Questions, Comments, Etc.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
bonocomet said:
great action figure Sicy :lol:

crazycatlady.gif

OMG!! that's hilarious! :lol:

Sicy said:
Oh no..... :(

Their appt is this Friday right? I would call the vet and let them know and see what they say about that. Most vets will still spay a cat in heat, but they might charge more because sometimes it can be more risky. :hug:

I'm going to phone this morning and see what they say. I need to phone about Jasmine anyway because she still has blood in her stool from time to time (which the vets didn't seem too concerned about), and I want to make sure that anything that might interfere with the surgery will show up on the blood test.

I really hope they can still be safely spayed before our neighbours kill us. I haven't slept the past few nights because of Biscuit's crying.

:hug: They'll be ok once they're spayed.

Blood in stool can be many things or it could be nothing, or stress. Do a google search on it.

Sicy said:
:hug: They'll be ok once they're spayed.

Blood in stool can be many things or it could be nothing, or stress. Do a google search on it.

I think it may just be stress, especially because it's become so intermittent. She hasn't shown any other symptoms, and it stopped and her stools became firm once she'd gotten more comfortable around the house. Then they were soft and bloody again after she went to the vet's last Saturday. She's gained a healthy amount of weight in the past month and has no problem with eating.

(Sorry for all the detail; I feel like I’ve become a connoisseur of cat poop because I examine it so much and analyse the colour, texture, etc. because I’m so paranoid! :nerd: )

I phoned the surgery this morning and spoke to a nurse, and she’s made our pre-surgery appointment with one of the vets tomorrow to assess both cats before they decide if it’s okay to go ahead with the surgery (previously we were going to drop them off with a nurse). I really hope they’re both well enough to go through with it tomorrow. I want to get everything done (blood tests, nail clipping, microchipping, and spaying) as soon as possible so I can stop worrying about them all the time and picturing their little sleeping bodies on a metal operating table. :sad:

Awww :hug: I know its scary. I would be a wreck. I've actually never gone through that because I adopted my cats after they were already fixed. I'm sure they will be fine though. And it does sound like the blood might be from stress.

Sorry for all the detail; I feel like I’ve become a connoisseur of cat poop because I examine it so much and analyse the colour, texture, etc. because I’m so paranoid!

So do I :wink:

I finally got the pictures off my camera and onto the computer.

Phoebe on Christmas morning, opening the present sent by her "grandparents":

2183822083_2a09ed64ba_m.jpg

Phoebe on Christmas again; she's just playing with the ribbon, not vomiting it up. :wink:

2184608322_17cac0e4cd.jpg

And Phoebe doing her fat old man pose:

2184606324_22ef88fef3.jpg

Last edited:
Biscuit and Jasmine's surgeries went well, and they're coming around from the anesthetic. :) We're going to pick them up at 5pm.

corianderstem said:
I finally got the pictures off my camera and onto the computer.

Phoebe on Christmas morning, opening the present sent by her "grandparents":

2183822083_2a09ed64ba_m.jpg

Phoebe on Christmas again; she's just playing with the ribbon, not vomiting it up. :wink:

2184608322_17cac0e4cd.jpg

And Phoebe doing her fat old man pose:

2184606324_22ef88fef3.jpg

Awww, Cori--she is beautiful! Looks like she and Fergus have the same attitude. :wink:

FergusChillin062407.jpg

Biscuit and Jasmine are home. Very confused by their post-surgery collars, though! I set them up a big bed in front of the radiator in the dining room so they wouldn't have anything like a bed to jump up on, but one of the first things Jasmine did was to jump on a chair and then she slipped backwards / fell off trying to get down. :( I of course panicked, but she seems to be okay and her wound hasn't changed since. They also both went up the stairs (which I've blocked as best as I can). They've had some food which they woofed down as usual, and they're walking around like nothing is wrong, which is a little frustrating because I don't want them to hurt themselves. :sigh: I think I'll have to sleep downstairs tonight because I'm so worried about them.

All of their tests came out fine, though, and they've been chipped and had their claws clipped.

The vet also commented on the fact that Biscuit looks like Puss in Boots from Shrek. :cute:

Oh meggie I'm SO glad everything went well :applaud:
They will be kind of out of it for a little bit and yeah, I would try not to let them jump on stuff for a while. I've heard some not so great stories of spayed cats ripping their wounds open :no: But yeah its pretty hard to stop a cat from jumping! It's so good that they are already eating! Did the vet say how long they have to wear the cones?

Well, they jumped over and knocked down the barrier we had set up to block the stairs, so I thought it was better to just let them climb them. :sigh: All the rooms upstairs are shut, so they can't jump on the beds or the desk or the futon, and we can keep an eye on them.

They're going back on Monday for their first post-op check. The vet said we could take the collars off when we're around, but I want to leave them on for tonight at least, because I don't want to have to try to put them back on when I go to sleep.

I was surprised to see that the stitches are on their sides. It's been so long since I'd seen a cat being spayed that I've forgotten how they do it, and though the stitches would be on their stomachs.

Sicy said:
What?? The stitches are not on their stomachs?? :crack:

No, they're on their sides. :huh: It seems to make it easier for them to move around, though. They're both acting totally normal, and keep jumping up onto things when I'm not looking. I wish we had doors between the rooms downstairs for times like this.

meegannie said:

No, they're on their sides. :huh: It seems to make it easier for them to move around, though. They're both acting totally normal, and keep jumping up onto things when I'm not looking. I wish we had doors between the rooms downstairs for times like this.

Wow! I have never ever heard of that but that makes sense!
I'd love to see a pic of that if you can get one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom