For Cat Lovers Only IX - Post Pics, Ask Questions, Comments, Etc.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope Saki doesn't stress out too much at his vet appointment. Jack had one this morning, and he was grumpy about it but did fine. Catching him and getting him in the carrier is always the hardest part.

He's taking a liquid antibiotic for the bartonella. We got it from an animal pharmacy, and they gave me a bunch of flavors to choose from. Now he thinks he's getting a treat every day when I give him his "chicken juice." :giggle:

BonoIsMyMuse said:
I hope Saki doesn't stress out too much at his vet appointment. Jack had one this morning, and he was grumpy about it but did fine. Catching him and getting him in the carrier is always the hardest part.

He's taking a liquid antibiotic for the bartonella. We got it from an animal pharmacy, and they gave me a bunch of flavors to choose from. Now he thinks he's getting a treat every day when I give him his "chicken juice." :giggle:

Flavored meds are the best idea ever! My sister uses a syringe to squirt her cat Jack's meds in his mouth. His brother Smokey thinks he's missing out on something, so he gets a squirt of water!

My Saki boy :heart:

sakiblockcomp-1.jpg

sakiblockcomp2.jpg

Well we are back. Urinalysis was totally fine! I dont get it. The vet said its possible he just had 1 day of trouble and it rectified itself. Of course now I'm thinking what if it was Zoey?? Well anyway I will just keep my eye on them both. He got his fvrccp shot and exam and omg this pig weighs 13 pounds. Oh My God!

You call Saki a pig at 13 pounds? :tsk:
Otto is sitting on my office chair. I have about ¼ of the seat (I'm on the edge). I swear he's at least 20 pounds.

Glad Saki is ok :hug:

Meh I dont think he's feeling very good after his vaccination. :(
I hate to see him not himself. Love that kid so much.

I think Beckham is 13/14 lbs now. I forgot to ask for a weight on him last time, but she didn't say he was overweight. However, it seems like the vets won't say an animal is overweight unless it's obese. The cats have figured out how to open the food bin, hehe. They've also been really inactive since we moved.

Glad your visit went ok Lies-

And glad Saki's urine looks ok, we've seen that before where one day the owners are sure they saw blood in their urine and the next day there was nothing. Weird but can happen, keep an eye on Zoey though...

I would call your vets office tomorrow to let them know what he is doing after the vaccine. It sounds like a mild reaction but sometimes it can be worse the next time, he probably won't get it boostered for 3 years and you might not remember in 3 years what he did today. We usually will give cats Benadryl or a short acting steroid injection the next time they are due, or sometimes we'll do a different type/makeup of the vaccine (ie, do an injection if they reacted to the intra-nasal one). Hope he's feeling better tomorrow :hug:

bonosloveslave said:
I would call your vets office tomorrow to let them know what he is doing after the vaccine. It sounds like a mild reaction but sometimes it can be worse the next time, he probably won't get it boostered for 3 years and you might not remember in 3 years what he did today. We usually will give cats Benadryl or a short acting steroid injection the next time they are due, or sometimes we'll do a different type/makeup of the vaccine (ie, do an injection if they reacted to the intra-nasal one). Hope he's feeling better tomorrow :hug:

This is the only vac I give them, the FVRCP and its a 3 year one. A shot in the front leg, is what she said. I really hate to vac them at all honestly. Trust me, I will remember this 3 years from now but I will call them in the morning anyway. He is so tired and just blah.. I cant stand seeing him like this. He doesnt even want to be pet, its so not like him. He was under the bed sleeping when I left for salsa tonite and when I got home he didnt greet me like he usually does. He was still under the bed. I had to coax him out and then he used the litterbox, ate, and went right back under the bed. :sad: It's breaking my heart. Stupid vaccine :madspit: I hope he feels better tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom