For Cat Lovers Only III

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Cats are just the greatest creatures to grace the planet, big and small :cute:

I miss my kitty :sad: But I'll be home from school in less than 2 weeks, so then we'll get 3 straight months to annoy each other :D

Has anyone had to leave their cat for a long period of time? I'm loosely considering some opportunities to work in East Africa for a while, but what would I do with Beckham and Posh? I wouldn't let the cats hold me back, but at the same time, they're my babies! I wouldn't just turn them in to a shelter.

I dont think I could ever leave my cats for more than a few days :reject: Nor would I ever put them in a shelter or kennel. That's just me though, I'm too attached to them. What about Phil?

I miss them too, but I had to go away for a month. When I got back, anytime Phil came over, they ran straight to him to whine for food!

They're used to me leaving for days, or even weeks. Melissa feeds and waters all the cats anyway, so they're fine when I go camping or to U2 concerts or whatever.

I suppose I'd have to find a family to take them in and send them money for food and vaccinations. It would be sad b/c they probably wouldn't know me anymore when I got back...

Luna likes to jump for the red light!

Lunajump02.jpg

Lunajump01.jpg

Worf went to her consult today. The surgeon said he didn't want to try surgery yet, but he did increase the anti-biotics she had been taking and put her on another one as well.

Quick question - are cc and ml the same? :reject:. The directions were in cc, but the dropper is ml :shifty:.

Zoey throws up on Clavamox. AND has diarrhea. You might want to tell the vet that, they may tell you to stop giviing it to her. :slant:

Sicy said:
Zoey throws up on Clavamox. AND has diarrhea. You might want to tell the vet that, they may tell you to stop giviing it to her. :slant:

Yeah, they said it might cause her stomach to be upset :(. I gave her another dose this morning. I'll check at lunch to see how she's doing. She's on two antibiotics now, the Clavamox and a clear one (don't remember the name) that she's been on before. There's another one they said they can give her if the Clavamox continues to make her sick, I think it started with a "B" and could have side effects to her eyes :huh: .

lmao! :lmao: :cute: :love:

Is that the new house BG?? How did the kitties do with the move?

yep, that's the new house. i took those last sunday.

they LOVE the house. at first it was a real shock to them, especially the stairs. but watching them slowly venture down was so much fun. we tried not to let them hear us laughing at them as they tiptoed and sniffed their way down. now, they LOVE the stairs, especially lucy. i put one of those kitty condos at the top so they feel all superior to the rest of us when they're lounging. they love that.

lucy is fascinated by the huge backyard. we let her out only if we're out there to watch her. she eats grass like a lawnmower and then comes into the house and coughs it right back up. she sits at the door just waiting for it to open. if i tell her no, she meows at me all mad. she growls at the trash truck. it's so cute. i think she might be part dog or something.

:yikes:

in the dining room off of the living room we have a pool table. apparently, they think it's for them because it's always covered in cat hair. when we pull them off of it we have to be careful that they don't dig their claws into the felt.

:mad:

they're doing really well. they love it here.

Kelly -

mL and cc are the same thing :yes:

Have you tried giving the Clavamox at a time when you know she has food in her stomach? That sometimes helps.

The other antibiotic they are talking about is probably Baytril - at high doses it can cause problems with their eyes, we use it fairly frequently and have never had a problem with any cat's eyes (but we use the low end of the dose range). That antibiotic is one that can sometimes cause stomach upset as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom