For Cat Lovers Only III

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Molly Bloom said:
134996263_3a91859e66.jpg

:lol: :cute:

kellyahern said:

The pet store didn't have those :grumpy: , but it did have something called "At Ease" which seems like the same thing (pheronomes). I sprayed a little on a cloth and had her sniff it, but it didn't seem to affect her . . . of course, she's not in a stressful situation now :shrug:.

That's weird. Well I know you can order them online.

I just got both the Rescue Remedy and the plug-in Feliway thing for the upcoming move from the Drs. Foster & Smith website. I tried out the RR on the cats the other night and didn't notice a difference in them, but of course they weren't too stressed out when I tried it... that is until I tried to squirt it in their mouths. The stuff has a good bit of alcohol in it - 27% - so I guess it's like giving your cats a mixed drink before their trip.

Since the stuff is intended to be used by humans as a nutritional supplement ("gentle, safe, effective treatment for the whole family"), as an experiment I tried a few drops ... tastes like pure alcohol and I didn't notice any difference in my mood, but then again, I wasn't too stressed out when I took it.

My cats were much more interested in the Feliway bottle after I opened it to check it out. I'm waiting to use it in the new place so we'll see how well that really works in a couple of weeks. If my little Gordon starts playing with his cat toys again, then I'll say it works.

The "At Ease" didn't really seem to make a difference today, but at least Worf got a clean bill of health :).

I saw that amazon.com sells Feliway too, so the next time we go to the vet, I'll try to order it in advance. But hopefully that will be a long time from now.

I'm so lucky that Jack Flash travels like a pro. He carries on once I get him in his carrier (AKA his "mobile home"), but once we're on the road, he goes right to sleep. I can drive three hours to my parents' house or four hours to visit a friend in Massachusetts, and he doesn't make a peep.

I learned my lesson, though. There's one windy road near my parents' house that makes him :barf: Needless to say, we take a different route!

Ok so I finally have a question for all the cat lovers here. How often do you wash your cat? Now that the weather has warmed up quite a bit I'm thinking it's a great time to dunk Pita into the bath.

Last edited:
:cute: I washed my cat once. She was pissed as all hell, but she needed it after a roll in a pile of mud next to a flooded river :yuck:
I probably still have scars :|
Reason # 1 you don't bathe a cat!

Cleasai said:
Ok so I finally have a question for all the cat lovers here. How often do you wash your cat? Now that the weather has warmed up quite a bit I'm thinking it's a great time to dunk Pita into the bath.

Mine get washed perhaps once a year, sometimes less. It's true they dont need it, however I have two long haired cats and grooming them is a task on it's own. Occasionally, especially the chinchilla, gets irritated skin which I treat with bathing her in a special wash for. The Hymalayan gets a bath too, simply because she stinks like an old attic and is so dusty and unable to wash her incredibly thick coat deep enough. I do this in the first month or 2 of summer when their winter coats are shedding out and it's warmer for them to spend the next day or so damp.

Here's my pooches
Zoe:
Picture028.jpg

Abby:
Picture031.jpg

Cleasai said:

Depends on the cat. I successfully bathed Beckham once, during which he sunk ALL of the teeth in his upper jaw into my wrist. I still have a scar that's a perfect impression of his teeth. I'll never bathe him again. He doesn't need it - he never gets greasy and he never smells like anything. We gave Posh a bath a few weeks ago because she smelled really bad. Max has had about 5 baths in the past few months because he continuously escaped to torment a duck nesting under a bush. The bush is in a very muddy location, so each time Max, who is mostly white and has all his claws, would come out filthy with his claws full of dirt.

In general, we never bathe a cat unless they stink or got into some mud.

Cleasai said:

We wash our Sophie once every week to two weeks. However, she's a sphynx and they have to be wiped down here and there to get rid of the oils and stuff. She always feels soft and smells good afterward. :)

We never wash our other cats though. My mom used to wash my old cat Snuggles a while ago, but she was really fat and couldn't wash herself. :giggle:

Angela Harlem--your cats are beautiful!!! So fluffy :cute: :love:

Sicy said:
:eyebrow: Cats dont need to be bathed. They are self-cleaning... lol.

Smartass :tongue:

Seriously though Pita has been kinda lazy lately when it comes to the self cleaning cycle. Although she howls as if she's drowning (which she isn't) she's generally pretty good about not biting/scratching me. I just have to put a rubber mat in the bath so she doesn't slide around and freak out.

Important news!

I taught Luna how to play fetch! I have videos to prove, but first I have to upload to a site. Anyway, what's hilarious is that she won't play fetch with my roommate, who happens to be Luna's papa. :lol:

:dance: I'm her new daddy! :mac: :dance:

ok all, I got the videos uploaded. The first is 4mb and second is 6mb. I apologize to all of you dialup peeps.

I thought dogs got called pooches :eyebrow: but they are gorge cute pussy cats! :cute: :cute:

she's beautiful!! I like when she meows in the first vid. I'm playing fetch with her right now

My cat Jack was very interested in the videos. He sat on the desk and watched! He has mice like that, and he loves to throw them up in the air and try to catch them.

My parents' one cat Leon will probably be a big boy like Otto. He's only about a year old and is already 15 pounds. :ohmy: He's not fat exactly, but he's very solid. His sister Logan is much smaller, but she uses her wits to outsmart him when they play fight.

Otto looks very cuddly in that picture :cute:

Luna :applaud: I love it!!! :heart:

Otto looks very smooshable :cute:

78 its time for some new pics :yes:

I love cat-fetch. Beckham never caught on, but Posh is an amazing mouser. She's got so good, I can say "Poshie, bring the mouse" and get her going. I like to toss the mice into piles of clothes and watch her have to dig around for it. Or toss it under a blanket and see how long it takes her to figure out she has to go underneath to get it.

Saki is like Posh :giggle: all I have to say is 'where's your mousie??' and its like he knows exactly what I'm talking about and he'll circle around by my feet and meow. He can find mice that I cant. I will throw a mouse and have absolutely no clue where it went and he will always dig it out! He's dug out mice I havent seen for months :lol: Cats are just too smart.

Now this is one tough cat! :ohmy:

Jack the Cat Chases Black Bear Up Tree

WEST MILFORD, N.J. - A black bear picked the wrong New Jersey yard for a jaunt earlier this week, running into a territorial tabby who ran the furry beast up a tree - twice.

Jack, a 15-pound orange-and-white cat, keeps a close vigil on his property, chasing small animals when he can, but his owners and neighbors say his latest escapade was surprising.

"We used to joke, 'Jack's on duty,' never knowing he'd go after a bear," cat owner Donna Dickey told The Star-Ledger of Newark for Friday's newspapers.

Neighbor Suzanne Giovanetti first spotted Jack's accomplishment after her husband saw a bear climb a tree on the edge of their northern New Jersey home's back yard on Sunday. Giovanetti thought Jack was simply looking up at the bear, but soon realized the much larger animal was afraid of the hissing cat.

After about 15 minutes peering down at the cat from the tree, the bear descended and tried to run away, only to have Jack chase it up another tree.

At this point Dickey, who feared for her cat, called Jack back home and the bear scurried back to the woods.

"He doesn't want anybody in his yard," Dickey said.

Bear sightings are not unusual in West Milford, which experts consider one of the state's most bear-populated areas.

There is a photo of the bear up a tree here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom