For Cat Lovers Only II

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm really worrying about Eden. The peeing has stopped but that's because the drug is making her so groggy, she doesn't leave her catbed. We have to put food in the catbed with her or she won't eat. Taylor was holding her earlier and I had her set Eden up on the table so I could look at her and she's dehydrated. Is there a way to coax them to drink more water? IMO she needs an IV, but it's too late for that now. She's not going to die or anything, but I don't think these drugs are worth having a cat that won't eat, drink, or even move out of her catbed.

Poor Eden.. :( I hope she gets better.

I have to post some pics that I just took of Chloe tonight. She cracks me up.

I take her to the mspca next thursday to get her fixed. :hyper: :happy:

No more kitty in heat. Woohoo! :lol:

LivLuvAndBootlegMusic said:
I'm really worrying about Eden. The peeing has stopped but that's because the drug is making her so groggy, she doesn't leave her catbed. We have to put food in the catbed with her or she won't eat. Taylor was holding her earlier and I had her set Eden up on the table so I could look at her and she's dehydrated. Is there a way to coax them to drink more water? IMO she needs an IV, but it's too late for that now. She's not going to die or anything, but I don't think these drugs are worth having a cat that won't eat, drink, or even move out of her catbed.

Cats can easily die from dehydration or not eating. It's called fatty liver disease. You can give her water with a syringe. And wet food is best because it has water in it. You can also give plain pedialyte.

If this were my cat I'd get her off this drug asap.

A syringe, you say? I know I've got one somewhere from when I had to feed the three week old kitten. I'll give that a try. She's already on wet cat food. I'll have Melissa talk to the crazy vet lady again... :rolleyes:

dont want to get you worried but if you dont get eden some fluids real quick you will have serious problems. There are allsorts of complications with dehydration and is not to compare with the human condition.
18 months of giving Gizmo fluids believe me I know.

A syringe, you say? I know I've got one somewhere from when I had to feed the three week old kitten. I'll give that a try. She's already on wet cat food. I'll have Melissa talk to the crazy vet lady again... :rolleyes:

An eyedropper works too. How is Eden today?

I don't think the Amytriptiline/Elavil is the answer given all these side effects...and I wouldn't go back to this vet since she doesn't seem to be making suggestions that are effective for you...unless she will give you Prozac...

Today is the same as before. She does nothing but sit in the same spot, unless we move her. We've been giving her water with the syringe and also mashing her food and treats in water, so she had to drink the water to get to the food. I gave her a bunch of water this morning and then at dinner, she handn't moved. I set her in the litter box and she peed immediately, didn't even have time to dig a hole.

I would try to convince your friend to stop giving her those drugs. I honestly cant see how they could possibly be helping her.

Sicy said:
I would try to convince your friend to stop giving her those drugs. I honestly cant see how they could possibly be helping her.

I guess the quack vet's idea of "help" = making the cat so wasted she won't even consider peeing anywhere that we don't put her ourselves. :tsk:

We just called for the cats to be fed and Eden actually came downstairs with the herd, so that's a big improvement. Even before the meds, she was lazy and not as fixated on food as the other three. We feed her alone because she's slow and Max will steal her food. She gulped her usual food and since she's barely eaten a good fill in days, I gave her another round of treat mashed in water. She also went to the litter box in her own.

I'm still pushing Melissa to rethink the drugs, but ultimately it's her cat. :mad:

Cute sleeping kitty pic, complete with little pink cat toes and paw-over-the-eyes...

gordy2.jpg

Here is a few of my favorite photoshopped pics :wink:

23262.jpg

23261.jpg

Zoey hates this smilie :shrug:

23260.jpg

Zoey and LarryMullens_POPAngel's cat Mia campaigning

23264.jpg

Baby Saki

23263.jpg

Saki likes his Bling

23257.jpg

23256.jpg

HelloAngel said:
OMG more more more!!! :lmao: :heart: :applaud:

:lol:

I have sooo many.. I think you'd all start to get bored.

zoeycircus.jpg

zoeybono.jpg

zoeyindy.jpg

catsinblack2.jpg

Yes I have entirely too much time on my hands!

Yea she freaks me out sometimes when she goes up and tries to jump down. I feel like she's going to break her leg. :yikes:

Here's another pic of her hanging out on top of the door to my bedroom! :huh: :lol:

Chloehangingout2.jpg

Wow seems she likes high places! Does she have a cat tree? I bet she'd love those katwallks :lol:

Hehe.. my landlord can suck it!

Actually they only make very small holes that can easily be spackled upon moving out :wink:

You guys have inspired me to go out and get a new cat...My dear little Neo snuck out the backdoor a few months ago :sad: what a cry I had...I'll post pictures of her later....but I've convinced mom that she should get me a new cat...and she said yes :)

Aw, that's so sad that your cat escaped :( I'm glad you can get a new kitty though. Please post pics if you can!

Max ran away today, TWICE. In fact, the first time, I shut him in Eden's crate b/c I knew he'd split. I was outside bagging trash, and the next thing I know I hear his bell jingling and see his tail go by. I have no clue how he go out of the cage...actually, I do because I saw him unhook the latch and push the door open last night. I caught him and tossed him back in, but before I could even turn around he made a dash for the door. I was chasing him outside (running away and being chased is a game to him, he loves being chased around the neighborhood) and he made it under the neighbor's bush. I had to coax him out with treats, but his paws were all nasty from the snow and mud so he had a little rinse in the kitchen sink :macdevil:

Some more snaps of a couple of my little devils. :)

IMG_0186.jpg

Big yawn from Rickenbacker Straticaticus

IMG_0176.jpg

and here he is "helping" me clean up (I'm still unpacking! :rolleyes: ) :mad:

IMG_0184.jpg

Maxwell lounging. Max is my hyperthyroid cat. He weighed a low of 6.8 lbs last fall, but is now up to a pretty decent 10 lbs now, and is doing quite well. :)

There all so cute!

Eden's doing well today. She actually meowed for her food and started eating it right away. Then she used the litter box on her own (usually she's so stiff, I have to set her in the pan every few hours) and then she even jumped out of the cage on her own! It's funny that she almost prefers the cage. I always take her out, but then she sits on the couch next to the cage all day. My main concern now is that she's getting really stinky because she hasn't had the energy to wash herself, only been licking her front paws.

There all so cute!

Eden's doing well today. She actually meowed for her food and started eating it right away. Then she used the litter box on her own (usually she's so stiff, I have to set her in the pan every few hours) and then she even jumped out of the cage on her own! It's funny that she almost prefers the cage. I always take her out, but then she sits on the couch next to the cage all day. My main concern now is that she's getting really stinky because she hasn't had the energy to wash herself, only been licking her front paws.

Is she still on the medication? If so maybe she just needed a while to get used to it. I know when I start various meds I can be groggy for a few days. I imagine as she continues to feel better she will clean herself better again. Maybe if she's getting really smelly you can get a packet of those cat wash wipes and rub her down.

I also have a cat who loves to hang out in a really small cat carrier much of the day. So I leave it open for him and he's just as happy as he can be.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom