For Cat Lovers Only...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
bonosgirl84 said:
:heart: i took this one yesterday of my lu (short for lucille, of course)

3457944%3B23232%7Ffp336%3Enu%3D3237%3E%3A83%3E3%3C8%3EWSNRCG%3D32333969%3C%3B57%3Cnu0mrj

Awww!! She is wicked cute! :cute: :heart:

U2Girl1978 said:

She also tends to steal my pillow and sprawl out on it! :lol:

My Loki likes to sleep on my pillow when I go to bed. So I get half the pillow and he gets half the pillow....and I have to put my arm around him and snuggle with him. :) He comes running when I get ready for bed...such a cutie.

And Maxwell likes to lay on my chest and stare at me. If I don't pet him enough he taps me on the lips or eyelids with his paws.... :rolleyes:

And Alex likes to sleep on my legs. And at various times I have a few others come up onto the bed and smack someone else off so they can sleep on me too.

I must be just the big cat heating pad or something..... :eyebrow:

Does anyone else get this sort of thing?

My cat has his routine for sort of leaning on me when he wants me to pick him up, which I find somewhat normal. But when I b ring him up to my shoulders, he is always leaning for my left shoulder. He seems to prefer that more so than my right shoulder. I'm not sure why :confused:

But I've gathered enough evidence to understand that it isn't just that, perhaps, my left shoulder is higher than my right or some other odd personal defect - he does this with everyone..... :hmm:

Maybe it's like prefering to sit on one side of a couch or something?

I really don't know, though, because like the other stories, he usually lays anywhere he wants to, even on my computer keyboard, or any books I'm reading. It doesn't even have to be comfortable, if he sees something I was/am using, I suppose he feels like it's his job to ........ .......... 'position' himself over it

my 'artistic' photo shoot

I caught my cat 'neath the christmas tree, so I figured I'd make the most of the oppertunity.
I actually got "artistic" :ohmy: but as you can see by the expression, Roy ....... had his own opinions.......

royunderthetree1A.jpg

"what the hell are you doing with those flowers-
royunderthetree12A.jpg
"- don't you know i'm trying to sleep!"
royunderthetreeA.jpg

"!!! and the nerve to approach me... ( #!@&*#@*!%#% ) ...."

"...fine..."
royunderthetreeAb.jpg

"take your silly glamour shot. and leave me alone."

=========

To tell the truth, I think he's starting to get the idea that he is supposed to pose when I bust out my camera. He's always been that way, come to think of it. What vanity......:happy:

indra said:

My Loki likes to sleep on my pillow when I go to bed. So I get half the pillow and he gets half the pillow....and I have to put my arm around him and snuggle with him. :) He comes running when I get ready for bed...such a cutie.

And Maxwell likes to lay on my chest and stare at me. If I don't pet him enough he taps me on the lips or eyelids with his paws.... :rolleyes:

And Alex likes to sleep on my legs. And at various times I have a few others come up onto the bed and smack someone else off so they can sleep on me too.

I must be just the big cat heating pad or something..... :eyebrow:

:cute: That is adorable! :)

I just love kitties!

U2Girl1978 said:
When I'm sitting at the computer, she sees it as an opportunity to jump onto my back, climb onto my shoulders and act like a parrot... :giggle:

I'm sitting here at the table with my laptop and my oldest right now is rubbing his face against my screen. He does that when he wants attention, he also leaves slobber marks over my screen too.

I guess I need to stop typing and go pet and play with him now. They can be so demanding sometimes. :wink:

bonosgirl84 said:
:heart: i took this one yesterday of my lu (short for lucille, of course)

3457944%3B23232%7Ffp336%3Enu%3D3237%3E%3A83%3E3%3C8%3EWSNRCG%3D32333969%3C%3B57%3Cnu0mrj

Oh my god, that is the CUTEST PIC! Look at that face...:cute:

I love all these pics. Cats are just too pretty.

mdw3935 said:

:cute: I love all of your photos of your cats.

You take such good pictures of them. Your dog is a cutie too. I wish my fur babies would sit still long enough for me to take a good picture of them.

Aww thanks! :hug: Wish I could take the credit--my husband is the photographer in the family, however. Anytime I try to take thier pictures, all I get it a picture of a cat walking out of the frame. :)

Everybody's cat's are so gorgeous. I love that we have so many kitty people (and animal people in general) on Interference!

I have a question..... I'm a little concerned about my cat, I think he might be sick or something. I 'm wondering if I should take him to the vet? Probably. He threw up this morning, but it was kind of normal stuff, no discoloration or anything unusual about it. When I got to see him at about 2pm today, he had some clear eye matter, kind of like a molassas (sp) tear or something, when I saw him (just one 'tear' thing). He's spent a lot of time in the other room on the bed, not moving, and I'm starting to get a little concerned. Itis now 5pm, and he hasn't moved much, but still purrs and stuff when I go in and check on him. Do you cat experts think I should wait another day, or seek immediate vet attention?

He looks tired-like, but other than that he seems to be normal. I know that cats sometimes don't show many symptoms when they are ill, though, so I'm cautious. Oh, and last night, he was fine. THis all started today.

Last edited:
For Honor said:
I have a question..... I'm a little concerned about my cat, I think he might be sick or something. I 'm wondering if I should take him to the vet? Probably. He threw up this morning, but it was kind of normal stuff, no discoloration or anything unusual about it. When I got to see him at about 2pm today, he had some clear eye matter, kind of like a molassas (sp) tear or something, when I saw him (just one 'tear' thing). He's spent a lot of time in the other room on the bed, not moving, and I'm starting to get a little concerned. Itis now 5pm, and he hasn't moved much, but still purrs and stuff when I go in and check on him. Do you cat experts think I should wait another day, or seek immediate vet attention?

He looks tired-like, but other than that he seems to be normal. I know that cats sometimes don't show many symptoms when they are ill, though, so I'm cautious. Oh, and last night, he was fine. THis all started today.

Is kitty eating? Drinking? Does he feel warm? Check his hydration--(take the skin between his shoulderblades and pull it up with your thumb and index finger--if it drops back down right away, his hydration is OK, if it is slow or stays sticking up, he's dehydrated). The hiding is a sign that something may be wrong (if that's unusual for him). And the purring could be a good thing or a bad thing, sometimes cats purr when they are sick.

Overall, if I were you I would get him in to see the DVM as soon as you can...it may be nothing, but better safe than sorry...

Catlady said:

Is kitty eating? Drinking? Does he feel warm? Check his hydration--(take the skin between his shoulderblades and pull it up with your thumb and index finger--if it drops back down right away, his hydration is OK, if it is slow or stays sticking up, he's dehydrated). The hiding is a sign that something may be wrong (if that's unusual for him). And the purring could be a good thing or a bad thing, sometimes cats purr when they are sick.

Overall, if I were you I would get him in to see the DVM as soon as you can...it may be nothing, but better safe than sorry...

Agreed. Also, if in doubt call the vet and tell them what he's doing. Sometimes something you tell them that you might not even think much of they will know as a symptom of something more serious.

Good luck and I hope he's ok.

I used to have a cat, so if you don't mind I'm sure all you cat lovers out there will appreciate this.:wink:

I once had a cat
With a luxurious coat,
She’d preen and relax
By her castle’s pure moat,
For she was a queen,
A mistress of sorts
Of all that she saw
From the bay to the courts
Of age old Vienna,
What a fanciful thought
For I once had a cat
And the mice that she caught
Were never mistreated
In her palatial trust,
For she was a lady
And acted as such.

Now I shall feel thy wrath.

:wink:

I agree with the others about Roy. He doesnt sound very good! :( Do you think he ate something he was not supposed to? Christmas ribbon or something like that? If he's not eating, drinking, etc. and keeps vomiting I'd get him in to the vet asap. Good luck :hug:

Sicy said:
I agree with the others about Roy. He doesnt sound very good! :( Do you think he ate something he was not supposed to? Christmas ribbon or something like that? If he's not eating, drinking, etc. and keeps vomiting I'd get him in to the vet asap. Good luck :hug:

Actually, a week ago or so, he did eat a ribbon :| THose stringy types, that I always get out of the way, but someone decided to put one of those gift bags with the ribbons under the christmas tree, after I already specifically moved it to a safer place. So I didn't really like that.

HOwever, I have some good news :) (no, not car insurance) Since I've come home this evening, he's been a lot better. Eating and moving aroud and such, and wanting me to pick him up and stuff - all good things, and he looked a lot better than he did earlier, when he was kind of stationary on the other bed. I'm still wary - I will be watching his food and water intake, and his litter and stuff - but I am somewhat relieved to see him acting normal again. BUt I don't really trust it, either. I guess the bottom line is, he's doing very well, at the moment.
I appreciate your concern though, and I'm sure Roy does to. Thanks.

For Honor said:
Actually, a week ago or so, he did eat a ribbon :| THose stringy types, that I always get out of the way, but someone decided to put one of those gift bags with the ribbons under the christmas tree, after I already specifically moved it to a safer place. So I didn't really like that.

HOwever, I have some good news :) (no, not car insurance) Since I've come home this evening, he's been a lot better. Eating and moving aroud and such, and wanting me to pick him up and stuff - all good things, and he looked a lot better than he did earlier, when he was kind of stationary on the other bed. I'm still wary - I will be watching his food and water intake, and his litter and stuff - but I am somewhat relieved to see him acting normal again. BUt I don't really trust it, either. I guess the bottom line is, he's doing very well, at the moment.
I appreciate your concern though, and I'm sure Roy does to. Thanks.

I dont want to freak you out or anything.. but *sometimes* if a cat eats a long enough ribbon/string etc it can cause a block in the intestines and can ultimately be fatal if its not passed in the stool, worst case scenerio surgery may be needed.

If he completely stopped eating, was lethargic for a long period of time, vomiting often, etc then I would be very worried. Other times cats just barf for no reason :lol:

It's good that he's looking better :) And its great that you notice things like this, always better to be wary/paranoid than to just shrug it off or not pay enough attention to your cat to know when he is not feeling well.

And other times you will actually see the object passed in the stool. I have found feathers, grass, hair and other strange objects in my cats feces (yes I often examine it) :reject:

Thankfully, he threw it up. (the ribbon I mentioned, form last week) ( :huh: I apparently left that out :der: )

But I think that is good info just the same.

I guess he's doing fine, even though he looked really bad this afternoon. But others are saying he seems normal, so I can't complain. I'm going to watch him a little more closely for the next few days, though.

Thanks again, everyone, for your kind words and advice :up:

Hang in there, FH and Roy!!!!! :heart:

When I was 6, my fat Siamese kitty ate an entire children's bathing suit b/c she smelled chicken soup on it. She threw it up shortly after and had nary a problem. The suit was still in one piece in parts. :eeklaugh:

Ugh, Linear Foreign Body (that's how the vets describe string/ribbon, etc), it's the worst. Glad to know Roy is looking better, but definitely keep a close watch on him.

Roy looks like my Reilly a bit!

yeah, another cat question....

....so my housemate got another cat. We wanted to get an older, abandoned mother cat b/c they're the ones that never get adopted b/c everyone wants a cute kitten. So we went to this no-kill rescue called Crash's Landing where my cousin got her kitten from. We got a female tabby cat who used to be feral, had a litter of kittens and was picked up, and then turned out not to be that feral b/c she's snuggly and loves attention. Anyway, she has a "cold". They gave us this Terramycin eye cream for her eyes b/c they're runny, but she's sneezing and wheezy. They said she'd be fine in a few days and to just do the eye cream 2-3 times a day. We're wondering if she needs something more for her chest/nose b/c she wheezes when she breathes and keeps sneezing. Also, is a cat cold contageous for other cats?

She's a real sweetie and I'll post her pic later.

Wow another cat? How many is that now?

Cat colds are very contageous. I'd keep her seperate from the others if possible. Most cat colds will resolve on their own (both of my cats had it when I brought them home) and usually only require antibiotics when they are super runny nose/eyes and congested. From the sounds of it, maybe this cat could use a few doses of clavamox.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom