For Cat Lovers Only...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have had cats with what we called a 'bent' tail, I thought it must have happened in the mom's stomach when another kitten bit them or maybe he got it shut in the door and I didn't see? So this is natural? Cool!

and golightly, please do adopt a new cat, so many need homes!

U2Kitten said:
I have had cats with what we called a 'bent' tail, I thought it must have happened in the mom's stomach when another kitten bit them or maybe he got it shut in the door and I didn't see? So this is natural? Cool!

and golightly, please do adopt a new cat, so many need homes!

Yes! adoption :up: even the mankiest and most flea bitten in a shelter can be cleaned up and deloused and restored to good health.

You know, Christmas is coming up. Maybe I should put kitty from the local Humane Society on my wish list to Santa. I've been holding off getting a new kitty because I'm not working, but if I ask for a new kitty and the accoutrements to go with it, I should be okay until I get a new job.

Golightly Grrl said:
You know, Christmas is coming up. Maybe I should put kitty from the local Humane Society on my wish list to Santa. I've been holding off getting a new kitty because I'm not working, but if I ask for a new kitty and the accoutrements to go with it, I should be okay until I get a new job.

Sounds like a great idea...both for you and for a kitty. :yes:

If anyone's close enough to West Michigan, I can hook you up w/ a kitten to adopt! They're FREE and come with first shots, parasite tests, FIV test, and spay/neuter. I've adopted two cats from this place and it's great, especially the "free" part. I've also adopted a cat from a local shelter, but it cost $75 and there was an annoying screening process and so much paper work....sometimes they make it impossible for people with perfectly good intentions to adopt.

These are the little sweeties that need homes right now:

100_0599.JPG

100_0606.JPG

100_0607.JPG

I want the black one sooooo bad! One of the guys I work with was over there the other day and he said the black kitten is too young to be in the cat rooms so they've kept it up in the office and it snuggles up to anyone who comes in.

I always feel bad when I can't adopt another cat........

^that above picture actually leads into m y next topic very well - my cat is really slopppy when he eats. He like really...... destroys.... his cereal, his hard food.

It's not that bad, but, any recommendations about what to do about it?

I kinda accept that "it's just his way"

IMG_0135edita.jpg

My cat routinely passes out next to me, as I work on my laptop here (as in the photos above and below). In the above one..... it always.... makes me wonder a little, when they don't quite close their eyes all the way, and they begin to fall asleep. How do other people feel about that sort of thing? Sometimes it's kinda freaky....

Especially when they start twitching and go into REM and etc, lol.
Oh yeah, and, do all cats like leather a lot? I know mine does.

Nothing will inhibit the quest for maximum comfort......
IMG_0136edita.jpg

For Honor said:
I always feel bad when I can't adopt another cat........

^that above picture actually leads into m y next topic very well - my cat is really slopppy when he eats. He like really...... destroys.... his cereal, his hard food.

It's not that bad, but, any recommendations about what to do about it?

I kinda accept that "it's just his way"

:lol: i doubt there's much you can do beyond putting his bowl on a placemat and getting one of those bowls with a built in moat.

my skanky one, abby. god she's a dick. she has taken lately to getting very proud of her dinner. at nights they have kangaroo mince, and it balls up a bit. when it does, she drags it out of the bowl and into where ever we might be and howls as though she has brought home a mouse or bird. you know the cat howls when they get proud and need to show you what they killed? she is such an idiot.
:cute:

That's why they call them 'cat naps' they sometimes only sleep halfway so that they can be alert if something happens :wink:

Well, I don't exactly turn into a ball of mush when I see them. (just to be clear). But I ..... admit..... and at times celebrate their cuteness/:cute:

But only sometimes :toughguy:
:laugh:

Sicy said:
That's why they call them 'cat naps' they sometimes only sleep halfway so that they can be alert if something happens :wink:

He tends to actually pass right out, though. I've done the "hand moving infront of the half open eyes" test more than a few times.......

===

My internal clock is finally adjusting, and I'm beginning to go to sleep more early :up:

But sometimes I just end up taking cat naps, and it's really weird, because sometimes you wake up with a really strong notion or thought. It happened just now, and my computer was still on, so it was really strange.....

uh....... ....so as you can see, a clear connection to cat naps....

For Honor said:

He tends to actually pass right out, though. I've done the "hand moving infront of the half open eyes" test more than a few times.......

Beckham's eyes were doing that tonight. He was sound asleep, but I could see his eyes moving and his body was twitching.

Beckham and Posh sleep all day. They're like lions, they sleep 20 hrs a day. Max on the other hand would rather be awake being naughty. Tonight he got locked in Melissa's room b/c he first stole my packet of seasoning as I was making Ramen, then he got back on the counter and started eating Colleen's spaghetti. :tsk:

A couple of photos of a couple of my cats. These shots were both taken in the cats playroom. I have to get better at taking photos of them.

Isidore -- Isidore means "gift of the goddess Isis, and does he ever know it! :rolleyes:

IMG_0055.jpg

Loki -- Loki has been described as the norse god of mischief, and given all his scars I'd say he's gotten into his fair share of trouble! :wink: The bright green thing behind Loki is his first ever toy, and he still loves it. :yes:

IMG_0052.jpg

Last edited:
Loki, I remember that name from my (very breif) study of Norse mythology... what a great name for a cat, hahaha....

I thought this was in keeping with this thread. And it's sweet too. :)

Cat Show Plans Memorial Service for Dog

By JIM FITZGERALD (Associated Press Writer)
From Associated Press
November 10, 2005 9:54 PM EST

WHITE PLAINS, N.Y. - This will probably be the first time a dog's memorial service is attended by 300 cats. A schnauzer-Siberian husky mix named Ginny will be eulogized Nov. 19 at the Westchester Cat Show, where she was named Cat of the Year in 1998 for her uncanny skill and bravery in finding and rescuing endangered tabbies.

"It'll be right during the show, with the judging going on and all the cats out there on the floor," said Leslie Masson, a spokeswoman for the Westchester Feline Club, which sponsors the show. "We'll call for quiet, and then a few people will get up on stage and talk about Ginny. Her owner will be there and talk, if he's able to, and some people from her fan club."

Ginny died in August at age 17, after a long career as a one-dog rescue party for cats on Long Island's South Shore. The club says she saved hundreds of cats who were abandoned, injured or in harm's way.

Her owner, Philip Gonzalez of Long Beach, has written two books about Ginny and the cats she found, several of whom moved in with him. Among the best-known rescues is the time Ginny threw herself against a vertical pipe at a construction site to topple it and reveal the kittens trapped inside. She once ignored the cuts on her paws as she dug through a box full of broken glass to find an injured cat inside.

Gonzalez, 55, said Thursday that over the years he has tried to train other dogs to do what Ginny did, but "They just didn't have it."

"I didn't train her," he said. "Ginny was just magical in a way. I adopted her from a shelter, and they said she's never been with cats before. But she just had this knack of knowing when a cat was in trouble."

As he used to do with Ginny, Gonzalez still goes out every night to feed stray cats in the area, with the help of the Ginny Fund, which pays for food, medical care and spaying or neutering.

The cats seem to miss Ginny too, he said.

"They want nothing to do with my other dogs," he said. "They used to come up to Ginny and rub against her, even if I was putting food out."

The memorial service will be followed by this year's Cat of the Year award, which is going to an actual cat - Zoe, an 8-year-old ragdoll from Larchmont who saved her owner from carbon monoxide poisoning.

Other cats of the year have included a cat with a cleft palate who taught herself to hold her feeding tube and a cat who campaigns against rules that prohibit pets in senior housing.

Besides the memorial service, the Cat of the Year award and the best-of-breed judging, the show features a household pet competition, an agility contest for cats and a book signing by Allia Zobel, author of "101 Reasons Why a Cat is Better Than a Man."

In addition, about 80 cats from shelters will be up for adoption.

Sicy said:
Indra! They're beautiful! :love:

Isidore must be a Maine Coon!

Thanks! :)

I think he is at least part Maine Coon. He wandered up to our porch one day and never left. No one ever claimed or recognised him, so he stayed with us. He's a really playful, sweet cat, but he really knows he's beautiful!

U2Girl1978 said:
My baby Chloe. :D

Chloe.jpg

What a cute kitten!

My Maddie is also a tricolour. I'll have to get a decent photo of her.

U2Girl1978 said:

She is isn't she? She's so fun to have. :)

I bet! I haven't had a kitten in a long time...my cats all seem to come as young (or in Loki's case probably not-so-young) adults. I dearly love all my cats, but sometimes I would really like having a little spritely kitten. :yes:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom