For Bruce Fans

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Teta040

Refugee
I know this is totally OT for this area, but as this seems to be the "hot spot" at the moment, I thought I'd put this in the area where it could get the quickest answer. So mods: don't move it until I get a decent reply? Please?

Amidst all the excitement in the U2 world these days, I forgot that not only is a new Springsteen album out in late April, but he's going on tour in the fall as well... (THANK GOD his tix are cheap....sort of...$75 for everybody, no tiered system, and he has GA as well. ).

Anybody know what the most popular Bruce site is, with the most frequented message boards? The Interference equivalent. I went to Backstreets.com thinking the fan mag had an online message board as well, but it seems to be more about the print zine and a general news page.

Also: how to subscribe, since that's the official fan club, I guess? I did some snooping around Backstreets a couple yrs ago but just lurked.
Please help this Bruce fan since the BIT USA days (since 16, that is)...

Last edited:
Teta040 said:
I know this is totally OT for this area, but as this seems to be the "hot spot" at the moment, I thought I'd put this in the area where it could get the quickest answer. So mods: don't move it until I get a decent reply? Please?

Sorry, but you are right, you did not post this in the right forum. General Tour discussions is for U2 tour discussions. We need to keep our topics in the right forums please.

To be honest I think you will actually get a better response to this in the correct forum (Bang & Clatter).

No problem, Sicy. Thanks. This place is too big for me to get to know it ALL, not with my time frame...:(

Although I haven't joined any Bruce Springsteen related forum/official site (oh wait, I did. :) I joined a Dutch Springsteen forum), I think these two are the most frequented:

His official site: http://www.brucespringsteen.net

Stone Pony London:
http://www.spl-messages.net

Besides these two, the Bruce Springsteen newsgroup also has quite some good discussions (and isn't such a trolling playground as some other newsgroups). You can see that one on the 'Net through Google Groups: http://groups.google.com and then search for 'group:rec.music.artists.springsteen'

C ya!

Marty

Teta040 said:

Anybody know what the most popular Bruce site is, with the most frequented message boards? The Interference equivalent. I went to Backstreets.com thinking the fan mag had an online message board as well, but it seems to be more about the print zine and a general news page.

There is a forum at backstreets.com. It's the BTX section. You just register like you do here, and you're in.

LarryMullen's_POPAngel said:
Bacstreets was the one I was going to reccommend.

Is greasylake.org still up and running?

There's also a good board at LiveDaily.com. Just look for Bruce Springsteen & The E Street Band.

Greasy Lake is still up and running

In no particular order

BTX - Found on Backstreets.com
Stone Pony London
Greasy Lake
Live Daily - Bruce Springsteen and the East Street Band (run by Ticketbastard)

Thanks guys. Funny, I was wondering what BTX was when I was on the site.

AAARGHH!!! If the Bruce tix go onsale before May I think I will scream. I'm not ready for another bout of TICKET MADNESS!!!! ON the plus side, I think I'm a pro by now...and the folks on the Backstreets tix exchange were nice toi me last time.

Is this the area where we'll discuss "Devils And Dust?"

I saw him twice, on the l;ast 2 tours. I have mized feelings about his going inot "Nebraska" mode on tour again, but I think given today's political and social climate, there has never been a better time for it. I'll be entralled with what he has to say.

Back
Top Bottom