Food Network's Next Star

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

I'm Ready

War Child
This is the only T.V. show I actively watch right now, I'm completely hooked

I think Food Network does a really good job of honestly letting the viewer know what they want out of their personality's, so love them or hate them, I atleast know why they get a job at the station.

With the show itself, I also think the footage isn't heavily edited, and the selections of who advanced/who's eliminated are completely correct every week, and there isn't any of the phonyness in other shows

cookiemonsterrf2.gif

Is this show on tonight, Tuesday? edit, in Canada it is on tonight but we're behind and only on ep 2.

Rachel Ray and her EVOO.....:banghead:

Last edited:
corianderstem said:
I have a thing for Anthony B, too. I love his books.

Yay another fan! I've been thinking about reading his books, a couple of them look good. Is there any one in particular that you would recommend? I'm going to Ireland and Great Britain in the Fall and could use some good reading material, nothing too intense and I was thinking about getting one of his books!

I enjoyed Kitchen Confidential more than No Reservations, although No Reservations had a lot of high points. That one seems to be similar to his TV series, but Kitchen Confidential is more about his life.

Thanks! Have you read the novels? I suppose a good start would be Kitchen Confidential, a bit more about his life. I'll check out Amazon right now. Thanks!

Rachael Ray looks exactly like The Joker.

RachaelRay-Headshot.jpg

Jack-as-the-Joker-791427.jpg

You can't make this stuff up, folks.

LarryMullen's_POPAngel said:
You might be thinking of Sandra Lee. She's the semi-homemade chick.

Giada makes me sick, too. I've never been able to sit through one of her shows.

Paula Deen, on the other hand - LOVE HER. :love:

I have no idea who Sandra Lee is but then I only get the Canadian version of the Food Network so I might be missing her completely...

I :heart: Paula Deen too ya'll...

elevated_u2_fan said:

I have no idea who Sandra Lee is but then I only get the Canadian version of the Food Network so I might be missing her completely...

I :heart: Paula Deen too ya'll...

I adore Paula but am afraid that if I were to ever try one of her recipes I'd die of a heart attack right then and there.

You're lucky if you miss her completely.

I also can't stand Alton Brown. :barf:

But I will sit and watch one of those challenge things a million times, even if I've already seen it before.

I also can't stand Alton Brown. :barf:

I actually don't mind Alton uh too much uh as long as uh you can get past uh the way he talks uh :wink:

My favorite is probably Jamie Oliver, I realize he's probably a dick in real life but I can watch him cook anything - even meat and I'm a vegetarian... :wink:

We also have this guy on the Canadian channel called Michael Smith who’s a laugh if only because we’re pretty sure he’s stoned 99% of the time…

I need to see that immediately. Sounds like good times.

I used to hate Tyler Florence, cause of the way he sniffed the food way too close for my liking, but he's grown on me. I like his Ultimate shows.

Tylers ok... He has a bad habit of saying "alright" after everything almost under his breath sometimes which drives me crazy but his food always looks good.

I used to really like Rachel Ray when i first saw her 30 minute meal show a few years back. I even have a couple of her cookbooks (i never make any of the recipes though).

But now, she really gets on my nerves. I think she is a very unhappy person and it shows. Everything she does is so forced and never genuine.

I also think Bobby Flay seems like an arrogant ass. Although his food looks yummy!

Back
Top Bottom