Foo Fighters - In Your Honor

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

impy13

ONE love, blood, life
Just received word it leaked. Life is sweet.

Impressions tomorrow!

Yeah, pretty soon, kids'll think of Nirvana as "that band Dave Grohl was in before Foo Fighters."

okay, i guess i should take the time to ask here...i don't understand torrents, and frankly, they scare the shit out of me...

i don't have a very good connection, my computer already runs slow enough as it is-i prefer mp3s, is that weird?

so back to what i meant to spring up-is this thing available only on torrents or can i get the mp3s somewhere?

hxxp://www.****upload.com/?d=08XD5LHL

xx = tt
**** = mega

It's in .RAR, just extract it with WinRar.

Last edited:
I'm disappointed, especially with the acoustic portion. maybe ill have to give it a few more listens :|

I like the acoustic portion. It's different from the usual Foo Fighters, at least (B-sides notwithstanding). Segregating the electric and acoustic portions on their own discs really makes this a tedious listen, though. I think they should've mixed it up.

Oh, and I'm going to get trashed for this, but I like them more when they're poppier.

I've listened to the electric part so far. Nothing spectacular here, IMHO. It has a couple of good songs, but nothing comes even close to any song from "One by one" (which is, IMHO again, one of the best rock albums in recent years)

Last edited:
I wanna get this one.
its refreshing that the foo fighters dont adopt every cliche - and just rock

i do have one question though....what is "foo" and why are they fighting it?

typhoon said:
Yeah, pretty soon, kids'll think of Nirvana as "that band Dave Grohl was in before Foo Fighters."

One can only hope so. Put that VERY overhyped band in its' place. Would they have the legendary status if he hadn't pussed out and killed himself? No chance in hell.

carrieluvv said:
i do have one question though....what is "foo" and why are they fighting it? [/B]

I'm not 100% sure, but I heard somewhere that some fighter planes during WW2 were called "Foo Fighters". Not sure if they were German, US, English or Japanese....

EDIT: plot thickens.... quick google search provided this:

December 22, 1944: The pilot of the Allied plane was nervous. He was at 10,000 feet, over enemy territory. Somewhere hidden in the black sky there was sure to be German fighter aircraft. He scanned the darkness looking for trouble. Suddenly he saw two large, orange glowing balls approaching him. His radio operator saw them too. They didn't look like enemy fighters, but neither did they look like anything he'd ever seen.

The balls suddenly leveled off and started following the plane. The pilot decided to try and lose them with evasive maneuvers. He put his plane into a steep dive. The objects immediately followed. Next he tried a sharply banked turn. The objects stayed with him. For several more minutes the pilot used his best tricks to lose his pursuers and failed. When he was about to give up suddenly the objects were gone, disappearing suddenly into the night. During he whole incident not a shot was fired.

The above is a typical example of an encounter with a "foo fighter." Toward the end of World War II pilots began reporting seeing strange glowing balls flying around their aircraft at night. The objects seemed to maneuver with great speed and the Allies began to worry that the German's had developed a new weapon with startling capabilities.

The objects were dubbed "foo fighters." because of a popular comic strip at the time, Smoky Stover. Smoky was fond of saying "Where there's foo there's fire" and the objects seem to be fiery, rounded shapes.

Another encounter was described by Major William D. Leet:

"My B-17 crew and I were kept company by a 'foo-fighter,' a small disc, all the way from Klagenfurt Austria, to the Adriatic Sea. This occurred on a 'lone wolf' mission at night, as I recall, in December 1944..." Major Leet goes on to note that the intelligence officer that debriefed him and his crew "stated that it was a new German fighter, but could not explain why it did not fire at us, or if it was reporting our heading, altitude and airspeed, why we did not receive anti-aircraft fire."

More encounters with the foo fighters were reported, but none of the objects ever seemed to take any aggressive action, so the idea that they were an advanced enemy weapon was dropped. After the war was over it was learned that German pilots had been seeing the same things and German military authorities had feared an Allied secret weapon.

So what were the foo fighters? The military decided they might be an unusual electrical or optical effect (maybe related to ball lightning). They also considered the possibility that the whole thing was in the imaginations of the plane crews who were justifiably nervous under the pressure of flying dangerous war time missions. No conclusive explanation has ever been found.

Last edited:
carrieluvv said:
I wanna get this one.
its refreshing that the foo fighters dont adopt every cliche - and just rock

i do have one question though....what is "foo" and why are they fighting it?

I think it has something to do with aliens....

i heard "best of you". i didn't like it enough to want to hear the rest of the album.

Back
Top Bottom