Flying Fish Cove, Christmas Island Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I forgot to say this earlier: Happy Tré Cool's birthday everyone.

No way! :lol:

And apparently Dream Theater have been auditioning new drummers ... I'm so morbidly curious about their next album. Maybe it won't be so bad without Mike Portnoy and his midlife crisis!

Oh yes way. I'm crying laughing.

Portnoy's gone?! This is a good thing?! Shows what I know about DT lmao

Oh man, that Peace Dream video is classic. The thing is, I feel very misled. Whenever I hear Ringo's voice, I just expect Thomas to chug across screen. All that video has is Ringo doing some bad air guitar and even worse dancing!

WHERE THE FUCK IS THOMAS.

Portnoy's gone?! This is a good thing?! Shows what I know about DT lmao

Wait wait, you missed that he left Dream Theater? Woah. Yeah, he bailed earlier this year, complete with pretentious public letter about how he wanted 2011 off but the rest of the band wanted to keep going and so he departed.

Portnoy seemed to be the driving factor behind their worst recent qualities, so I'm wondering how they'll go without him. If it leads to John Myung writing songs again ... well, that can only be a good thing.

Oh man, that Peace Dream video is classic. The thing is, I feel very misled. Whenever I hear Ringo's voice, I just expect Thomas to chug across screen. All that video has is Ringo doing some bad air guitar and even worse dancing!

It took me a while to remember that Ringo was the voice of the show. :laugh:

Ringo is forever the voice of Thomas to me. He was a musician too? Well shit!

Hey LM, you like your jangle pop - are you familiar with The Go-Betweens? I can't recall.

Oh my God, I know. I was mocking him while we were watching the video, throwing it in his face that he was replaced by Alec Baldwin. It was...great fun.

I shouldn't be so mean, I do love Ringo.

Wait wait, you missed that he left Dream Theater? Woah. Yeah, he bailed earlier this year, complete with pretentious public letter about how he wanted 2011 off but the rest of the band wanted to keep going and so he departed.

Portnoy seemed to be the driving factor behind their worst recent qualities, so I'm wondering how they'll go without him. If it leads to John Myung writing songs again ... well, that can only be a good thing.

Oh dang. I don't know what they're going to do without him :uhoh: But uh...good riddance if he's going to be like that.

Hey LM, you like your jangle pop - are you familiar with The Go-Betweens? I can't recall.

He loves them :shifty:

He loves them :shifty:

Well where is he to convince me to break my "no old artists" rule and keep them in my DI VIII list! I discovered that I used one of their songs in DI II. :(

The jangle pop section of my list just feels wrong without them, especially since I can't mine any of my Kiwi jangle stuff to replace them.

I thought George Carlin replaced Ringo as Mr Conductor nd Baldwin replaced Carlin...

I realize Bono wants very badly to be John Lennon, but he really reminds me more of Ringo.

Baldwin played Mr. Conductor in the movie, that's all, I know he wasn't a direct replacement

Love them! 16 Lovers Lane is one of my favorite records.

So are you going to convince me that Was There Anything I Could Do? should stay in DI VIII despite the fact I used Streets Of Your Town many years ago?

In making this list, it has struck me that I have surprisingly little jangle pop from outside New Zealand.

So I didn't do anything very respectable for Tre's birthday. I mean, I dressed like him, carried around a pair of his drumsticks, but I didn't wash anyone's grandmother. I didn't milk a dog for my coffee, I didn't lose a ball in a unicycle accident, snort donut sprinkles, attempt to eat 50 eggs, or jack off a cactus. I fear I have not properly marked the occasion.

I can't believe it's 4pm already. Now that's what I get for sleeping in until midday.

I can't believe it's 4pm already. Now that's what I get for sleeping in until midday.
I...kind of hate you right now, I'm not gonna lie. I swear, I could take a year and become unconscious. Just sleep. Uninterrupted, quiet, comfortable sleep. God, I hate being an insomniac.

I don't want to know how one would go about jacking off a cactus, or even what that is.

Happy Birthday Tré!

A_Little_Too_Much_Info_3_by_greendaycomix.png

I...kind of hate you right now, I'm not gonna lie. I swear, I could take a year and become unconscious. Just sleep. Uninterrupted, quiet, comfortable sleep. God, I hate being an insomniac.

I was woken up by a phone call. :lol: I had to run to the other side of the house.

:madwife:

Yeah, I still kind of hate you. Lousy teenager...gets to sleep all day...:angry:

Before I get too cranky, I'm going to bed. I must think of something epic to do for next Princess Day (Tre Cool's birthday). :hmm: I think a green-sequined dress and a blonde wig will be required.

Axver may enjoy this. Or not.

metal.jpg

Yeah, I still kind of hate you. Lousy teenager...gets to sleep all day...:angry:

Before I get too cranky, I'm going to bed. I must think of something epic to do for next Princess Day (Tre Cool's birthday). :hmm: I think a green-sequined dress and a blonde wig will be required.

Axver may enjoy this. Or not.

metal.jpg

Hey, I got an excellent report card, I can be lazy and sleep as much as I want. :angry:

And as for those Scandinavian comic things. :love: Although, I still prefer Polandball.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom