Flying Fish Cove, Christmas Island Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm pretty over prog though, to be honest.

And wine gelati? I need this.

Peaches, champagne, white wine, sugar and emulsifiers. And they don't even check ID when you buy it. It's awesome. And yes, I ate about a quarter pint and got mildly fucked up on it. I'll go look for the brand name and you can see if they sell it in Oz. Or if not, I'll...enjoy it for you. :D

Now, now. This won't hurt a bit. Actually, if it were up to me, I'd just give you Pink Floyd's Meddle (is that the one with Echoes? I'm crap at albums) and make you listen to that.

I need to check Pink Floyd out, will do so when I've discovered every Russian band worth discovering.

I just don't get the hype from some people in the Superthread about Meddle. It's pretty middling in the context of Pink Floyd albums. Now Animals, that's where it's at.

To be honest, the Floyd are the only first wave prog band I still care much about. A lot of the other bands, I respect but don't really want to have in my regular listening.

Peaches, champagne, white wine, sugar and emulsifiers. And they don't even check ID when you buy it. It's awesome. And yes, I ate about a quarter pint and got mildly fucked up on it. I'll go look for the brand name and you can see if they sell it in Oz. Or if not, I'll...enjoy it for you. :D

Oh this sounds like it'd be excellent.

I just don't get the hype from some people in the Superthread about Meddle. It's pretty middling in the context of Pink Floyd albums. Now Animals, that's where it's at.

To be honest, the Floyd are the only first wave prog band I still care much about. A lot of the other bands, I respect but don't really want to have in my regular listening.

Oh this sounds like it'd be excellent.
*unrelated* dammit, I can't find my notes on my DI lists. And I don't want to rebuild them for scratch. Fuck.

The Floyd is the The Floyd. They're one of my bands where I'll always try stuff I haven't heard from them without question. Just classic and never awful. I'm looking at you 21st Century Breakdown...

It is SO excellent. And I took some neurofen (sp?), so it's time to get slightly trashed off ice cream.

Hill Country Peach Champagne - Talenti Gelato e Sorbetto®, How Sweet Life Can Be™ :drool: Epic.

Were The Scorpions Russian or just East-German?

They're from Hannover. But now I know why they play so often in Eastern Europe, same as Deep Purple, who are still pretty massive in Russia and surrounds. The Russian president is a fan of Deep Purple, I think.

Medevev is a Deep Purple fan? That's actually rather awesome.

ETA: Medvedev. I can't spell. And American newsreaders don't say his name right.

Medevev is a Deep Purple fan? That's actually rather awesome.

ETA: Medvedev. I can't spell. And American newsreaders don't say his name right.

Yeah, I think I remember him saying that, it might've been in a meeting with Bono, I'm not particularly sure.

Yeah, I think I remember him saying that, it might've been in a meeting with Bono, I'm not particularly sure.

I seem to have it in my head that all Russian presidents look like Boris Yeltsin, but Medvedev is actually not a bad-looking guy. Not as smoking hot as Putin, but still easy on the eyes.

Yes, I said Vladimir Putin is hot. And he is. He's one suave motherfucker, even if he is Russian and scary and badass and probably evil. I like Putin.

Ah, Boris Yeltsin friend, make country crap and Americans laugh at. But he drank and dance so wasn't that bad. He still comrade.

The 90's was such a crazy, depressing time in the former USSR, I'll tell you that.

Ah, Boris Yeltsin friend, make country crap and Americans laugh at. But he drank and dance so wasn't that bad. He still comrade.

The 90's was such a crazy, depressing time in the former USSR, I'll tell you that.
:lol:

I'm sorry. The USSR/Russia fascinates me. Plus, they kind of kicked our asses in the Space Race with Sputnik. Sure, we put men on the moon, but you guys had the first man-made satellite in space. Plus how they shut themselves off to the world for seventy-something years. The culture is interesting, too. I like Russia.

And okay, Putin probably isn't evil, but he's still badass. He's like Rudy Giuliani, but for a whole country.

The Floyd is the The Floyd. They're one of my bands where I'll always try stuff I haven't heard from them without question.

I take it you haven't heard The Final Cut and A Momentary Lapse Of Reason then?

(I say this despite my second favourite Floyd song coming from AMLOR.)

Putin's a corrupt motherfucker, if nothing else.

I'd happily argue Russia was in a better position at the end of Yeltsin's rule than it is now under Putin, his puppet, and the oligarchs that tell them both when to jump.

I'd happily argue Russia was in a better position at the end of Yeltsin's rule than it is now under Putin, his puppet, and the oligarchs that tell them both when to jump.

Agreed. I'd even argue that people lived better in the USSR than they did in the 90's and 00's. Today, the Russian government has the authority of the Soviet Union with the corruption of the 90's.

So was Giuliani, what's your point? They both did some good for their country/city.

Agreed. I'd even argue that people lived better in the USSR than they did in the 90's and 00's. Today, the Russian government has the authority of the Soviet Union with the corruption of the 90's.

Clearly, American news has candy-coated Putin's doings...

No shit. Russia's now authoritarian and corrupt without any ideology to prop its leaders up.

So was Giuliani, what's your point? They both did some good for their country/city.

Giuliani was more hype than anything.

No shit. Russia's now authoritarian and corrupt without any ideology to prop its leaders up.

It's sad knowing that the country could really be among the wealthiest in Europe with all the deposits of oil and gas they have.

I have a theory that to travel anywhere in the world, the only words you absolutely need to know in the native language are: Hello, Please, Thank You, and Bathroom/Toilet. What do you think? There's bragging rights riding on this.

I have a theory that to travel anywhere in the world, the only words you absolutely need to know in the native language are: Hello, Please, Thank You, and Bathroom/Toilet. What do you think? There's bragging rights riding on this.

You forgot "This tastes like shit". :wink:

Я пьян, я утомлен, и я вычислял что будет само лучше сделать этот столб в сломленном русском.

Good night, everybody.

:lmao:

And as I'm typing this my sister is singing Bad Romance in the living room. :mad:

Holy shit I met Bone-oh today!!!

Will post pic's tomorrow night. what a nice young chap. I wish band all the best for the future.

Also there is fucking nobody at this Brisbane show?? WTF. Bris-vegARSE.

Holy shit I met Bone-oh today!!!

Will post pic's tomorrow night. what a nice young chap. I wish band all the best for the future.

Also there is fucking nobody at this Brisbane show?? WTF. Bris-vegARSE.

The stalking at his hotel certainly paid off. :wink: When you get back please tell us about meeting him.

Never would expect a big crowd at Bris. 2.

:fuckyeah: Ukrainian kvass. I'm having a ball trying to read Ukrainian.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom