Flickerstick and Rubyhorse rocked Detroit

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Blue Room

Rock n' Roll Doggie ALL ACCESS
I went and saw Flickerstick in Detroit last night at St Andrews Hall. What a great concert. It was sold out and it was VERY hot. No air conditioning, 90 degree temps and 1500 people packed in this little hall.

Flickerstick is great live. The TV show Bands On The Run doesnt do them justice. They really sound great live. I would highly recommend their album "Welcoming Home The Astronauts" to all U2 fans. I think you will enjoy it although it doesnt contain their best song (IMO) Smile.

They had a band from Cork Ireland open for them called Rubyhorse. These guys were great also. Their lead singer really knows how to work a crowd. They also have an excellent album. Check them out, you can order Flickersticks at Flickerstick.com and Rubyhorse's at Rubyhorse.com. I dont think you will be disappointed with either CD. Also if either band is coming to your area go check them out, it is definately worth the $10 ticket!

I second that, I saw them in Dallas last month. It was the best club show I have ever seen.

Smile is a good song but it is not one of my favorites, it's too short and sweet for me. Personally I enjoy Coke, Sorry...Wrong Trajectory and Direct Line To The Telepathic the most. Most of their CD is quality, there are 2 or 3 fillers but for a debut album it's great.

------------------
This post brought to you by: Jackass "American culture at it's best."

AIM: JuanSwallow

Back
Top Bottom