Fleetwood Mac

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Layton

War Child
Ok, all I'm doing with this thread is righting a wrong. I just went through the B&C band index and noticed not a single thread exists regarding Fleetwood Mac. That is outrageous. So this is the correction.

Any and all things regarding Fleetwood Mac are welcome here. The good, the bad or the ugly, I don't care. This band just deserves some discussion on this board.

My feelings regarding FM are pretty positive. I think Lindsay Buckingham tends to be underrated as a guitarist and songwriter. I know "Landslide" is considered a Stevie Nicks showcase song, but his work in the background is what really makes the song IMO. Not enough great things can be said about the rythym section. They can groove with the all timers on a rock level. Stevie Nicks can trance out with the best of them on her vocals. She can be mesmerising. I even like Christine McVie's happy go lucky pop ditties. They're full of English charm.

timothius said:

My dad loves that song :). He's told me before that it was a university band playing on that song...I think that's pretty cool :cool:.

I don't mind Fleetwood Mac's music. Got some good songs. I like "The Chain"-remember finding a live version of it once a few years back and going through a period where I'd play that version constantly :p.

And I remember hearing "Little Lies" a lot when I was younger and liking that song (still do), and I'll agree about Christine McVie...she's got a pretty voice.

Angela

Moonlit_Angel said:

I'll agree about Christine McVie...she's got a pretty voice.

It's nice (although slightly manly) it completely blows Stevie Nicks' goat-like voice. Lindsey Buckingham however :bow:

I personally think everyone should see The Dance at least once... if not just to have a good laugh! :)

Fleetwood Mac has been a favorite of mine for a long time. I think Lindsey is an amazing guitarist. I love Stevie. I also love the whole "intertwined" hisory of the band.
Stevie still seems like she deeply loves Lindsey. I have seen them twice live and they put on a great show!

In 1976, Stevie was the most beautiful thing in rock. All that coke kept here rail thin. And that white skin and dirty blond hair. :drool:

Look at the cover of Rumors.

Back
Top Bottom