First Album You Ever Bought

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Green Day - Insomniac. I still love that record and think it's second only to their debut album, 1,039/Smoothed Out Slappy Hours.

The first CD I bought was a rather dodgy Chinese pop thing. One thing about Chinese pop is, with very few exceptions, that it sucks. The music is basically either bad Europop, bad easy listening, or bad rap, or all three on the same album. Anyway, I believe my first CD was by an artiste called Emil Chau, who does rather run-of-the-mill adult contemporary.

My first English-language CD was Colour and the Shape by Foo Fighters. Don't listen to it much anymore, but I still think it's an excellent album.

I had a lot of tapes.... I think my first CD was a Mariah Carey one.

My brother and I used to rock out to Alvin and the Chipmunks records though...they covered 80s songs. It was awesome :tongue: Fisher Price golf clubs make excellent geetars.

When I was little, there used to be some compilation on TV that had INXS's Need You Tonight, and for some reason, I became OBSESSED with the song, and wanted that compilation. :laugh: So, my mom, an INXS fan, bought me the single and I played it obsessively. So, I suppose that would count as my first tape and single.

Then in 2000, I started becoming sort of interested in music and I started watching MTV and VH1, trying to find something I liked.. never saw anything very good. Until one time I happened to turn VH1 on, and it was the beginning of Beautiful Day. :combust: Became obsessed with the video, fell in love, and bought the album that year. :tongue:

first record -- Michael Jackson's Thriller
first tape -- Phil Collins No Jackets Required
first CD -- John Lennon Imagine

Flower -- I have the Perfect Gentlemen CD. I can't believe someone else actually OWNED that. you were a New Kids fan weren't you?

First Record - Michael Jackson - thriller
First CD - Izzy Stradlin and the Ju Ju Hounds - self titled
First Tape - Either Van Halen 5150 or Run-D.M.C. - Raisin Hell Although it might have been some random Huey Lewis and the News album.......

MJ was first though....I think my parents have a picture of me with an MJ T-shirt on, holding up that album.....while sporting a major fro as a first grader......lmao

martha said:

I'm not supposed to be alone with you
I know that your lips are sweet
But our lips must never meet
I'm dating somebody else and I must be true

:lmao: I loved that song!!

:shocked: :lol:

Oh, go away, little girl
Go away, little girl
It's hurtin' me more each minute
that you delay

When you're near me like this
You're much too hard to resist
So, go away, little girl,
before I beg you to stay

Wasn't he dreamy? :lmao: :wave:

Eeeeep...

Record - those Disney 45's that came with the storybook
Tape - New Kids - Hangin' Tough
CD - Reba - Read My Mind

*runs out of room*

I think the first album I ever owned must have been the Grease sdtrk.....it was one of those that opens up , very cool , I think I still have it......

The first one I bought was from Black Moon - I think that was their name...a band that was never really famous. :lol:

Then I lent it someone and never got it back. :|

First tape - I think it was Born in the USA by Bruce Springsteen. But it also could have been Reckless by Bryan Adams. :reject: I remember buying one of those two tapes and then getting the other one a week or two later, but I can't remember which one came first.

First CD - I believe I bought Rattle and Hum and Achtung Baby on the same day, shortly after buying my first CD player. By then my cassette tapes of both albums had worn out.

When I was little my brother and I got all these hand-me-down albums from our cousins, Disney songs and stories and such. I do remember having The Chipmunks rock album, they covered "Hit Me With Your Best Shot," "Bette Davis Eyes," "Jessie's Girl" and some other songs.
My first tape was the "Back to the Future" soundtrack. I loved that movie so much when I was younger and now I can't even remember the last time I saw it. Anyway, Huey Lewis & The News had two songs on that tape!
For my first CDs, my high school boyfriend was working at The Wherehouse the Christmas he bought me my first CD player so he got me a bunch of CDs. Best of the Doors, The Eagles Greatest Hits, "Appetite for Destruction," "G'nR Lies," Motley Crue "Decade of Decadence and Motley Crue "Too Fast for Love."

I dont remember but i think my first tape was Bruce-Born in the USA!(i have a tape of me singing to it to)
CD- I honestly dont remember(i have to many of them by now)

Back
Top Bottom