Fiona Apple

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

The_Sweetest_Thing

MacPhisto's serving wench
Whatever happened to Fiona Apple?

She put out 'Tidal', which was good..very good by anyone's standards. Then came 'When the Pawn', which was a fabulous record. I can listen to every song on there and not be bored. It's amazing, and she was only 22 when she recorded it.

That was 1999, and I haven't heard anything from her since. Unless you count "Across the Universe" for the Pleasantville soundtrack. But that was still years ago.

It's a shame that such a talent has seemingly disappeared. Perhaps in the wak of the bubble-gum pop phase, her brand of post-teenage angst couldn't find itself a place in the music biz?

the first thing i did was go to her official site to see if there was anything. the site doesn't look like it's been updated since when the pawn... came out. hell, it mentions the album is in stores now! (i get the feeling that was put up in 99, not recently in an attempt to get people to buy it.)

her bio doesn't even make a mention of her recording or even writing something for her third album. no other website even makes mention of anything. maybe she's just chillin', it's hard to tell. i hate this when people seem to drop off the face of the planet music-wise, especially now in the age of the internet when it's so easy for an artist to post their stuff on their website.

Yeah, I'd really like to know what the hell happened to her. I bought Tidal on a whim for like $4 before she really hit it big and loved it. And I remember being all excited when When the Pawn came out and having it on repeat for about a week straight. That's still one of my favorite albums.

God, that was in '99? Man, I can't believe it's been that long...

i liked tidal. :)

never really got into when the pawn, but tidal had some great songs on it...and my astrology thingies in all those magazines always used to tell me to listen to her...apparently music meant for a capircorn. :huh:

I absolutely love "When the Pawn..." and "Tidal" was a great debut from such a young artist. Her voice is just amazing, unique and smoky and "old as a grave", as Shirley Manson put it. I do hope Fiona hasn't abandoned music for good...

i listened to tidal every day for an entire year.
"never is a promise" is one of the best songs ever written.
i think maybe all the shit she talked every time she was given an award came back to bite her on the ass...

From what I've heard, she's been recording... Let's just hope that wherever she is, she is happy and healthy.

Back
Top Bottom