Fingringhoe, Essex Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
phanan said:
2. You may only use ONE song by any particular artist. In this rule, we are concerned with one continuous song; if the song is split into separate tracks or movements (e.g. to fit on vinyl), all tracks or movements may be included. For example, if you wanted to have both parts of the song "Perfect Sense" by Roger Waters, this would be acceptable even though they are split over two tracks, as it is basically one song. However, if you wish to do this, please clear it with the organisers first. For the sake of this tournament, Passengers will be considered to be a separate artist to U2.

6. Any entry that violates one of these rules or pushes one of these rules is subject to being banned from the competition.

[/B]

Varitek said:

i have never heard of these people

would i be punished for not being obscure?

:lol: You've never heard of Sunny Day Real Estate? That's wonderful. They're one of the most influential underground bands of the 90s.

Varitek said:
this is so much fun!

Yeah, it's just too bad the uploading deadline has passed and the 20 maximum competitors have already been selected. :evil:

The Sad Punk said:
'Allo, hoes.

Ah, that sucks. Which forum was it? I posted at NoHomers for a little while, mainly for the music sharing.

Yup, it was nohomers. :grumpy: Had 1,000+ posts too. I was able to access some other sections via saved history, and sent a PM to a mod. Hopefully this can be resolved. I've already been warned on there once before.

the tourist said:

:lol: You've never heard of Sunny Day Real Estate? That's wonderful. They're one of the most influential underground bands of the 90s.

yourwildhorses at gmail.com if you care to share

Varitek said:

i have never heard of these people

would i be punished for not being obscure?

Hardly. Some of the most obscure lists have been shot down quickly. The ones with the best balance tend to go further.

Varitek said:

yourwildhorses at gmail.com if you care to share

I've only got one SDRE album on my computer at the moment, but I'll upload it for ya.

LemonMelon said:

Yup, it was nohomers. :grumpy: Had 1,000+ posts too. I was able to access some other sections via saved history, and sent a PM to a mod. Hopefully this can be resolved. I've already been warned on there once before.

what did you do then, and what might you have done now?

Varitek said:

what did you do then, and what might you have done now?

I just called someone's post bullshit. :rolleyes: :wink: But that was ages ago. I didn't do anything just now.

LemonMelon said:

That's a bummer, man. Any idea how it could have happened?

By the way, what was your screenname there?

It's gonna take awhile for me to upload though, cuz my signal's pretty weak in my bedroom.

The Sad Punk said:

That's a bummer, man. Any idea how it could have happened?

By the way, what was your screenname there?

My theory: someone hacked into the main index and is screwing around with it. It says that I keep doing some kind of illegal breach of security every time I click the main page.

Username = SilverEagle. There's a lemon_melon on there though who isn't me. :lol:

It's crazy how uploading speed is like 1/10th of downloading speed with the same signal.

Those SOBs... It was an April Fool's Day joke all along. :lol: Fuck. If you scroll down, it tells you it was a joke. Well, now I look like an idiot.

LemonMelon said:

My theory: someone hacked into the main index and is screwing around with it. It says that I keep doing some kind of illegal breach of security every time I click the main page.

Username = SilverEagle. There's a lemon_melon on there though who isn't me. :lol:

EDIT REPLY: Okay it was april fools and shit

'SilverEagle' doesn't ring a bell I'm afraid, but I haven't been there in a long while.

Do you know the user Jamie? His website is absolutely hilarious: http://www.rubbercat.net/

I wasn't the only one fooled, fortunately. There's an entire thread with people complaining about it. :lol:

the tourist said:

How do you do that? :reject:

highlight selection, right click, convert to mp3. make sure you go into advanced settings first and set the bit rate under import to whatever you want it to convert to.

(e.g. if the last thing you ripped was u2 at 320 and you're converting an mp4 that was 128 you might wanna lower that)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom