Fingringhoe, Essex Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
LemonMelon said:

I'm actually very proud of that. It takes a ton of work (some episodes take 5+ hours to make), and they're generally well-received.

Who knows, maybe U2.com will one day want me on board. :rolleyes:

i hope not! thankfully your u2.com hacked cartoon will prevent that from happening. that one is hilarious!!!!!! they all are.

unico said:

i hope not! thankfully your u2.com hacked cartoon will prevent that from happening. that one is hilarious!!!!!! they all are.

Maybe they'll want me to run the site instead. If that cartoon is any indication, I know the detailed inner workings better than the webmasters. :tongue: (And what's to know? Click and hack. :wink: )

LemonMelon said:

Maybe they'll want me to run the site instead. If that cartoon is any indication, I know the detailed inner workings better than the webmasters. :tongue: (And what's to know? Click and hack. :wink: )

the click and hack is what comes to mind when i go to the web site, and it cracks me up every time.

Why do I have the image of Sebastian Clayton chasing LemonMelon with a red Swingline stapler in my head?

I need to lay off the cough syrup.

unico said:
http://www.bju.edu/prospective/expect/general.html

:lmao: everything else is just as ridiculous. but please tell me how God condemns the illegal use of drugs

OK, a couple of comments concerning this link. Keep in mind that I am a indeed a Christian but just have a sense of humor.

1. "Students may work in town until 10:25 pm on weekdays and midnight on weekends."

OK, what the fuck? 25 after 10? Are they insane? At least make it something memorable like 10:30 or 11.

2. "It is with this in mind that we chaperon campus activities where men and women students are present and require a chaperon when students date or interact in a mixed group off campus."

You chaperon COLLEGE KIDS? Dear God.

3. "Freshmen and sophomores may not use their vehicles to go to and from work."

Then what are you supposed to use? Self-esteem?

Don't even get me started on the clothing link. That's just a bummer all-around.

RegularBonoFan said:
Why do I have the image of Sebastian Clayton chasing LemonMelon with a red Swingline stapler in my head?

I need to lay off the cough syrup.

:eeklaugh: I'm sorry I have never spoken a word to you before. You seem fascinating.

LemonMelon said:

OK, a couple of comments concerning this link. Keep in mind that I am a indeed a Christian but just have a sense of humor.

1. "Students may work in town until 10:25 pm on weekdays and midnight on weekends."

OK, what the fuck? 25 after 10? Are they insane? At least make it something memorable like 10:30 or 11.

2. "It is with this in mind that we chaperon campus activities where men and women students are present and require a chaperon when students date or interact in a mixed group off campus."

You chaperon COLLEGE KIDS? Dear God.

3. "Freshmen and sophomores may not use their vehicles to go to and from work."

Then what are you supposed to use? Self-esteem?

Don't even get me started on the clothing link. That's just a bummer all-around.

there's a worse one somewhere else, with an even more :shocked: website, but i forget what it was. i may have discovered it off an fym link a few years ago. i also read some "i got out of that cultish place" tell-alls online, ugh.

and then there's objective ministries

http://objectiveministries.org/kidz/

:yikes:

which at least pointed me to landover baptist

http://www.landoverbaptist.org/

LemonMelon said:

:eeklaugh: I'm sorry I have never spoken a word to you before. You seem fascinating.
I'm sick, nothing I post can used against me in a court of tennis.

I'm Frankie. Nice to meet you.

welcome frankie!

El Mel, you think those are great, you should see some of the textbooks! in my classes we would always make fun of bju. it's sad. they are the laughing stock of the world of higher education. they know it and they don't care.

Last edited:
RegularBonoFan said:
I'm sick, nothing I post can used against me in a court of tennis.

I'm Frankie. Nice to meet you.

Ah, sick postings. Those helped me wander into the setlist parties back in the day. :wave:

LemonMelon said:

:lmao: In all fairness, as really lame as that is, most things geared towards children are lame and occasionally disturbing. I love that they have a solution for the maze puzzle. That's hilarious. Overall, D+.

it's super anti semitic among other things. my favorite is the grumpy atheist though. what a load of brainwashing.

EDIT: Took a second to figure out this was a parody. :lmao:

i read it before the edit. i thought you were offended. i think it's great satire and i love that objective ministries have a whole page devoted to it. i also love the 3-nail stuff on objective ministries

It's the weirdest thing. I sneezed ONCE and came down with the bubonic plague. Thing is, as soon as I go outside to go home from work, the fresh air will make this all go away.

Hi, unico. :wave:

man now i have a great stroke of inspiration for desert island and it's too late.

and by great stroke, i mean i have 2 instrumentals that would go with a theme i came up with

Varitek said:

it's super anti semitic among other things. my favorite is the grumpy atheist though. what a load of brainwashing.

I may favorite this page. :lol: It's one of the funniest things I've read in a while. My favorite was Habu the Hindu elephant.

"Wouldn't you rather have just one God who loves you a bunch than a bunch of gods that don't love you at all?":lmao:

i read it before the edit. i thought you were offended. i think it's great satire and i love that objective ministries have a whole page devoted to it. i also love the 3-nail stuff on objective ministries

Nah, I'm not offended by anything bashing the church anymore. We deserve it most of the time. The satire on that page is quite sharp.

coolian2 said:
There was just an ad on TV that asked if you'd ever been to Inaccessible Island!

YES!

what was it an ad for? a tourism company that goes to obscure places? will they also run a tour bus around the uk through twatt, fingringhoe, wetwang, and giggleswick?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom