Finger, Tennessee Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, let me reiterate the scariness of the bridge I mentioned:

102372-M.jpg

See that driving surface? Not concrete. Not asphalt. It's a fucking METAL GRID. WHOSE IDEA WAS THAT.

The bridge is narrow, high, and over a mile long.

My friends in PLEBA tell me that I Still Haven't Found is Bono's wife's favorite U2 song. :cute:

Bono's wife fails at U2 taste.

Though I'd perhaps be a bit worried if something like EBTTRT or So Cruel or Ultra Violet were her favourite instead.

102372-M.jpg

See that driving surface? Not concrete. Not asphalt. It's a fucking METAL GRID. WHOSE IDEA WAS THAT.

WHAT.

Metal grids are for short footbridges! Not mile long road bridges.

AT LEAST YOU GUYS AREN'T LISTENING TO FUCKING BRITNEY

Ouch.

Now onto WOWY. :drool:

I thought it was hilarious when I saw The Australian U2 Show earlier this month and Fake Bono dedicated this TO HIS WIFE. And then snippeted Babyface over Edge's solo. WTF.

I kinda like Ultraviolet :reject:

Oh, no, I was referring to the lyrical content of those three songs.

Though So Cruel and Ultra Violet are two of my least favourite songs. I've nothing against EBTTRT, though not too much for it either.

Ouch.

Now onto WOWY. :drool:

I thought it was hilarious when I saw The Australian U2 Show earlier this month and Fake Bono dedicated this TO HIS WIFE. And then snippeted Babyface over Edge's solo. WTF.

Now it's dido -shakes head- This radio station is made of fail.

:lol:

Oh, no, I was referring to the lyrical content of those three songs.

Though So Cruel and Ultra Violet are two of my least favourite songs. I've nothing against EBTTRT, though not too much for it either.

Ahhh Ok.

I only realised recently, Ultraviolet was in Click.

102372-M.jpg

Did I drive over that bridge?

...You totally need to go to Finger before this thread is finished

Find a computer

Post from there.
I wish, but I doubt it would happen. My boyfriend already thinks I'm crazy, so me asking him to take me there wouldn't go down that well. Plus it's not like a place that small would have a library with internet. I'd have to go knocking on people's doors asking them if I could borrow their computer :lol:

WHAT.

Metal grids are for short footbridges! Not mile long road bridges.
I don't know, but it's scary as hell to go over it. It's like RUMBLERUMBLESHAKESHAKE. And it's actually easier if you drive faster, but that also increases the scariness by oh so much.

I wish, but I doubt it would happen. My boyfriend already thinks I'm crazy, so me asking him to take me there wouldn't go down that well. Plus it's not like a place that small would have a library with internet. I'd have to go knocking on people's doors asking them if I could borrow their computer :lol:

They live in Finger

I'd let you if I lived there :D

Goodnight

we'll shine like stars in the summer night
we'll shine like stars in the winter light
one heart,
one hope,
one love

You know, judging by Bullet's lyrics, Bono for a brief moment wanted to be in a death metal band.

Just stopping by to say that the second half of JT destroys the first. Running To Stand Still aside, I could really do without hearing any of those songs for a year or two.

Ian, greetings. :wave:

Put on the Joshua Tree. We're nearly up to RTSS.

This is the only song I've ever experience synesthesia with (I like how Firefox thinks synesthesia is not a word, btw.) The song was black, Bono's vocals were like orangey flames at the bottom, Edge's were like streaks of blue farther up.

On the same subject, I wonder if Edge ever gets tired of going "skyyyy, skyyyy, skyyyy" over and over again.

Just stopping by to say that the second half of JT destroys the first. Running To Stand Still aside, I could do without hearing any of those songs for a year or two.

I now almost always play my custom JT, and I tend to skip Streets/ISHFWILF/WOWY and start from Luminous Times or Spanish Eyes.

Also, I think studio RTSS is over-rated. I don't like the start at all. It gets great once Bono starts singing, but it's initially iffy.

This is the only song I've ever experience synesthesia with (I like how Firefox thinks synesthesia is not a word, btw.) The song was black, Bono's vocals were like orangey flames at the bottom, Edge's were like streaks of blue farther up.

On the same subject, I wonder if Edge ever gets tired of going "skyyyy, skyyyy, skyyyy" over and over again.

And, as you know, "Your Blue Room" is the only song where that has ever happened ot me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom