final world trade center design chosen

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
From today's New York Times:

"...The office buildings themselves, however, will be designed by the architect hired by the site's developer, Mr. Silverstein, and may not look anything like the towers depicted by Mr. Libeskind. Mr. Silverstein and his partners, who pay $120 million a year in rent, have selected David Childs of Skidmore, Owings & Merrill to design the first tower...."

...my firm :wink:

:up: cool ouizy!

I didn't like the design with the Two Towers. They were scary looking and quite frankly, not something I would ever dare enter. The proposal for a rooftop garden and an Ochestral Theatre space, on what? floor 99? :no: No thx.

I highly doubt anyone would venture up into them.

Anyway... what does any of this matter if the final design isn't going to look like the chosen winner? Seems like an awful lot of bullocks to me.

The man who owns the 99-year lease on the property. The big dilemma is that the Port Authority owns the land, but Larry Silverstien owns the lease. The LMDC has run this silly competition, but the buildings that will be built there will have to conform to what he wants, or it won't get built.

He is a MAJOR player

no - for an empire, I would need followers...

right now - I am simply surveilling...

when the moment is right, then I take over...

Back
Top Bottom