FIA Formula 1 World Championship thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
CKONE said:

exactly and I appreciate that - but it does make it impossible to truly judge the drivers unfortunately.

Stick me in a ferrari and I will win every race against competitors in a trabant!:D

:lol: i doubt that, the trebant will finish, whilst you will crash, even if the trebant takes 35 hours to finish :lol:

zepher25 said:

:lol: i doubt that, the trebant will finish, whilst you will crash, even if the trebant takes 35 hours to finish :lol:

true:lol:

also my ferrari wont have a 12 disc cd player so I can have my U2 cd's on random so I think I would rather be in the trabant!

CKONE said:

exactly and I appreciate that - but it does make it impossible to truly judge the drivers unfortunately.

Stick me in a ferrari and I will win every race against competitors in a trabant!:D

Not in the nowdays Ferrari, unfortunately..................the fastest times are a bit over...............................but we're still there!
;)

Code:
Monaco Grand Prix provisional starting grid

1.  M.SCHUMACHER      Ferrari
2.  ALONSO            Renault
3.  WEBBER            Williams
4.  RAIKKONEN         McLaren
5.  FISICHELLA        Renault
6.  MONTOYA           McLaren
7.  BARRICHELLO       Honda
8.  TRULLI            Toyota
9.  COULTHARD         Red Bull
10. ROSBERG           Williams
11. R.SCHUMACHER      Toyota
12. KLIEN             Red Bull
13. LIUZZI            Toro Rosso
14. BUTTON            Honda
15. VILLENEUVE        BMW
16. HEIDFELD          BMW
17. ALBERS            Midland
18. MONTEIRO          Midland
19. SPEED             Toro Rosso
20. SATO              Super Aguri
21. MONTAGNY          Super Aguri
22. MASSA             Ferrari
Schu pole remains in doubt
Saturday, 27, May, 2006, 15:44

Michael Schumacher’s pole position for the Monaco Grand Prix remains in doubt after the stewards launched an inquiry into his last corner incident at the end of qualifying.

The German ace was called up to speak to the officials after the paddock went into uproar, questioning the sincerity of the seven-time world champion’s claims that he had made a genuine mistake.

Schumacher had already secured pole when he apparently slid wide at the 40mph La Rascasse hairpin in the final moments of the session, partly obstructing the track.

Several drivers’ flying laps were ruined by the ensuing yellow flags, including that of world champion Fernando Alonso and Giancarlo Fisichella.

Alonso was convinced afterwards that the incident had cost him pole position.

Last edited:
Look again :D

Don't get your hopes us, Webber's bound to screw it up sooner or later. Though I'd like to see him end up on the stage.

Schumachers been stripped of pole and had all his times deleted!, hes on the back of the grrid, oh well all the better for Webber, at least his williams is capable of finishing unlike the jaguar a couple of year ago which had its gear box die in almost every race!, webber came 3rd at Monaco last year so maybe alonso will smash up and webber will win

Race Results:

1 F. Alonso - Renault
2 J.P. Montoya - McLaren
3 D. Coulthard - Red Bull
4 R. Barrichello - Honda
5 M. Schumacher - Ferrari
6 G. Fisichella - Renault
7 N. Heidfeld - BMW Sauber
8 R. Schumacher - Toyota
9 F. Massa - Ferrari
10 V. Liuzzi - Torro Rosso
11 J. Button - Honda
12 C. Albers - MF1
13 S. Speed - Torro Rosso
14 J. Villeneuve - BMW Sauber
15 T. Monteiro - MF1
16 F. Montagny - Super Aguri

Alonso wins again!!!! :rockon:

Kimi could have been on the podium.... Webber could have been there as well. Too bad their cars broke down.

This was the most fake GP of the whole F1 history.............great thing have they done with Schumacher..................it's clear there's a plan to kick him out of F1.............it's a shame, such a behaviour is simply a shame!! Michael doesn't need to stop his car in the middle of the track to become an obstacle for the other racers. He has each and every record, he won almost 90 races, 7 worldchampionships, 66 pole position..............does he need to do the obstacle?!? Please, Fisichella did the same thing and got 5 palces behind, not 21............Should have Michael went to crash the car?! This is Montecarlo, there are no escape ways. Let's say it's clear they want Ferrari and Schumacher out of the business, and au revoir..............

If Michael just hit the wall that saturday then it would have been easier to believe that it was really an accident. Now, it just looked too technically planned. His slip, his incapapbility to correct the car to turn the corner, his stop and after he stopped the car the shutdown of his engine.... In his story he was pretty vague as well.

The thing is that in cases like this Michael will never be trusted on his word because of all the shit that happened in the past through the years.(all the tricks he used, people he shoved off the track etc.) People expect Michael to do dirty tricks so when anything questionable happens Michael will be blamed.

It's just the way it is....

Tricks? Somoeone who won everything possible thanx to his strenght uses tricks? Yeah, Michael's the devil......................
There were even worst things, don't forget what Senna and Prost used to make to each other..........................The car went clearly in understeering, Michael has tried several times to get the car back, but there was nothing more to do because he entered the corner too fast. Now it's easy to get on him, everyone just couldn't awate nothing else to get down on Michael because no one can stand him, because he's the fastest pilot of the history. I don't mind that others win, Ferrari and Schumacher have won so much, but this is not the way to treat such a champion and Ferrari. Finally they took the chance to show all their Anti-Ferrari will. Why hasn't Villeneuve took the same penalty at Nurburgring? He hold Fisichella behind of him for an entire lap! Fisichella did the same with Coulthard yesterday. So, those were worst mistakes than Michael's one, why didn't they get the penalties like they deserved? It was ridiculous, from 1st to last is the clear sign that there's a will to smash him out, and this is unfair and coward. There were much worst things in F1, and now they got the sparkle...............please, this isn't anymore a competition, they're all waiting behind the corner the first chance to throw shit on Schumacher.

Schumacher is probably one of the greatest drivers in history. Unfortunately, he is also one of the most diabolical drivers out there too, remember his intentional bumping of Villeneuve years back.

The most puzzling thing is why he behaves like that. His tremendous legacy as a driver will be destroyed by his unethical behaviour on the track.

Today's race was awesome until Webber and Kimi faced engine failures.

Well, Indy 500 next followed by Coca Cola 600 as the Ultimate World Race Day continues. Enjoy everyone!!

Do you remember Senna throwing away Prost In Suzuka?
But you don't claim him diabolical, now, let's don't put this mask on Schumacher, it's not the case. He has won what he has won thanx to himself and his teams.................and today he once again showed what he's capable to do, from 22 to 5..................

babyman said:
Tricks? Somoeone who won everything possible thanx to his strenght uses tricks? Yeah, Michael's the devil......................
There were even worst things, don't forget what Senna and Prost used to make to each other..........................The car went clearly in understeering, Michael has tried several times to get the car back, but there was nothing more to do because he entered the corner too fast. Now it's easy to get on him, everyone just couldn't awate nothing else to get down on Michael because no one can stand him, because he's the fastest pilot of the history. I don't mind that others win, Ferrari and Schumacher have won so much, but this is not the way to treat such a champion and Ferrari. Finally they took the chance to show all their Anti-Ferrari will. Why hasn't Villeneuve took the same penalty at Nurburgring? He hold Fisichella behind of him for an entire lap! Fisichella did the same with Coulthard yesterday. So, those were worst mistakes than Michael's one, why didn't they get the penalties like they deserved? It was ridiculous, from 1st to last is the clear sign that there's a will to smash him out, and this is unfair and coward. There were much worst things in F1, and now they got the sparkle...............please, this isn't anymore a competition, they're all waiting behind the corner the first chance to throw shit on Schumacher.

Nonsense. Everyone who pays attention to F1 can see that Ferrari gets away with more shit then other teams. And if they wanted Schumacher out of the competition, they could have just revoked his license like they did with Ide (at least Ide didn't screw up on purpose) or disqualify him for the entire race.

Fact of the matter is that he took this curve with the same speed as he always does, yet hit the brakes so hard that he couldn't control his car (yet could magically stop it just before he hit the wall). This combined with his dubious track record, and him changing his story a couple of times (first the enigine stolled, then he accidentally stolled it himself, then suddenly there's a "device" in the car that automatically stops his engine after running it stationary for a while), leads me to believe he did it on purpose.

Ide got the license revoked because he can't drive. You can't compare Ide to Schumacher, are you serious? You never can revoke the license to Michael Schumacher for such a silly thing. Someone in the FIA has well understood that Michaels intention is to stay at Ferrari and in F1 for other 2 years, and this isn't well liked, because more than one has enough of Schumacher. Why did this whole came so hard on him? Every other pilot threw venom on Michael, why? Why so hard? Why so fast? It seems they weren't waiting for anything else, in fact all the pilots have asked the remove of Michael's president role. This was the first step to make him decide to leave.

Last edited:
I meant that the FIA would have revoked Schumacher's license if your little conspiracy theory was even close to the truth (do you have anything to back that up btw?). The fact that most of the drivers, team officials and FIA officials came down so hard on him is indeed telling. These people have more than enough experience to recognize a rat when they see one. Actually, I think the only people believing in Schumi's innocence are his own team and fans.

The telemetry clearly showed he had some explaining to do, and Ferrari couldn't get their story straight. Tough cheese.

Hmmm, if FIA is against Schumie, he seems to have had an amazingly successful career. There is the argument that some of the rule changes were meant to stop Schumacher from winning all the time, but I think that was more to stop the monotony of the F1 circuit cause it was as dull as watching grass grow for a couple of years. Schumacher just happened to be the guy who was dominating at the time, the rules would have been changed regardless of who was dominating. The sport had to make a change.

Schumacher will leave when he feels he can no longer compete for the championship just like many other champions do. I doubt they can force him out of F1 especially with his fiery personality.

I think Schumacher is the greatest driver ever but sometimes he is an ass. So he has to pay the price for his actions sometimes. Actually, as today's results show, this may have lit a fire under him to pick up his game and focus on his driving and less on the politics and mind games.

i am absolutely appalled at that race, how the :censored: can fisicella get away with holding webber up, youve got a bloody blue flag, yield you asshole thats the goddam rule, and beacuse of slowing him down his engines overheated and its cost him and raikonnen the race and almost certain podiums!. if i was webber i swear i would have hit fisicella after the race, he had nothing to gain by holding webber up, his teammate on the other hand, renaut obviously instegated that plan that worked well for them, im all for team play but only when its fair and within the rules, and ignoring the race marshalls is certainly outside the rules! and then williams cant say anything about it beaucuse the FIA will give them shit about not undermining their decisions. webber had to radio his team after losing several seconds to get fisicella to finally yield, funny how he had no problem yielding for alonso.....again i am appalled that that race, webber and raikonnen were robbed by renauts cheat tactics!

zepher25 said:
i am absolutely appalled at that race, how the :censored: can fisicella get away with holding webber up, youve got a bloody blue flag, yield you asshole thats the goddam rule, and beacuse of slowing him down his engines overheated and its cost him and raikonnen the race and almost certain podiums!. if i was webber i swear i would have hit fisicella after the race, he had nothing to gain by holding webber up, his teammate on the other hand, renaut obviously instegated that plan that worked well for them, im all for team play but only when its fair and within the rules, and ignoring the race marshalls is certainly outside the rules! and then williams cant say anything about it beaucuse the FIA will give them shit about not undermining their decisions. webber had to radio his team after losing several seconds to get fisicella to finally yield, funny how he had no problem yielding for alonso.....again i am appalled that that race, webber and raikonnen were robbed by renauts cheat tactics!

Ain't it? He won't get any penalty as long as he doesn't wear red.
Episodes like these must get under a written precise rule, it's not aceptable that Villeneuve got 1 place penalty at Nuerbugring, Fisichella 5 and Schumacher 21, all for the same reason! Why this stupid diversity of applying penalties?! What they have done to Schumacher has created a preceding now, next time I am really very curious to see what will happen if Alonso gets in the same mistake.........................it was a disrespectful and shameful spite. Ferrari was by far the fastest car at this race, the car was ultra incredible, and you see it by Schumacher arriving 5th!! This is the only good aspect that makes me still hope for the championship, except the FIA doesn't decide by itself who must win like they have done this time. Just for curiosity, the 3 judges that gave the penalties at Fisichella and Schumacher were english, FRENCH and SPANISH.........................nooooooooooo, there's nothing strange, it's all clear, now I get easily why Michael lost 21 places and Fisichella 5.................................Well done FIA, WELL DONE!!
:applaud:

i dont really blame fisicella for what happened to webber, its pretty obvious renaut told him to attempt to hold up webber and eventually there only 2 competitors were forced out of the race, fisicella had nothing to gain, renaut had lots to gain for alonos and themselves.....frank williams should run someone from renaut down in his wheelchair!

ok well lets move our attention to silverstone, 7 days to go, i want webber to do well, maybe nudge fisi into a wall..or even better alonso!, but realistialy i think Button has an ok chance on home soil, aside from that im tippin Schumacher after seeing his catalunya test times this week

babyman said:
Do you remember Senna throwing away Prost In Suzuka?
But you don't claim him diabolical, now, let's don't put this mask on Schumacher, it's not the case. He has won what he has won thanx to himself and his teams.................and today he once again showed what he's capable to do, from 22 to 5..................
Since I didn't comment on the race or qualy, let me just say I was very disappointed in Scheuey.

I'm not even a fan, but to claim that the FIA unfairly punishes Ferrari is hilarious :laugh: Up until the beginning of this season Max and Bernie have basically been catering to Jean Todt's every whim :huh:

Anyway, I think Michael having to deal with reporters' questions about his ridiculous and inexcusably cheap actions was sweet revenge enough for all his detractors.

Here's a link by the way to the video, first one on the page -
http://www.motorpasion.com/archivos/2006/05/27-la-curva-de-la-rascasse-ahora.php

There is no way that was an accident, and to throw up your hands and claim that we all hate a multiple-time world champion and are all waiting to shit on him is a bit much :| If DC was going to be on pole and pulled similar bullshit as MS did, you'd have the same reaction and would have posted a huge rambling, sputtering forum post saying that DC should have been slapped right to the back of the grid.

Puh-lease.

Last edited:
Canadiens1160 said:

I'm not even a fan, but to claim that the FIA unfairly punishes Ferrari is hilarious :laugh: Up until the beginning of this season Max and Bernie have basically been catering to Jean Todt's every whim :huh:

That's so true. Sometimes it almost felt like the word FIA was missing one letter, like it was suppose to be FIAT... :shrug:

Something else that also is true is that no matter what the FIA decides, they will never be able to make everyone happy.

plain and simple, formula 1 is a business and schderia ferrari marlboro is the biggest, richest and most powerful team in that business so it makes perfect sense to try to please the most powerful team, the powermongers of formula 1 will always control what happens, thats simply why the new comission system dosent include to small teams it includes williams and ferrari and the like

Back
Top Bottom