FIA Formula 1 World Championship thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Canadiens1160 said:

Very strange but interesting front wing, original flap design and the chassis looks good as usual.........matter is..........will it have a working engine?
:wink:
Colour sucks, no comparision with the silver livery................
anyway,

LADIES AND GENTS, LET ME INTRODUCE YOU, FERRARI 248 F1

CHASSIS

-Carbon fibre and honeycombe composite structure
-Ferrari longitudinal gearbox limited slip differential
-Semiautomatic sequential electronically controlled gearbox
-Number of gears 7 + reverse
-Ventilated carbon fibre disc brakes
-Independent suspension, push rod activated torsion springs front and rear

lenght 4545mm, width 1796mm, height 959mm, wheelbase 3050mm, front track 1470mm, rear track 1405mm, weight with water, lubricant and driver 600kg, wheels front and rear 13"

ENGINE

-Type 056
-Number of Cylinders 8
-Cylinder block in cast aluminium V 90°
-Number of Valves 32
-Pneumatic distribution
-Total displacement 2398 cube cm
-Piston Bore 98mm
-Weight 95kg
-Magneti Marelli digital electronic injection
-Magneti Marelli static electronic ignition
-Fuel Shell V-Power ULG59
-Lubricant Shell SL 0932

Michael Schumacher, Felipe Massa, enjoy the show...........................:happy:

Last edited:
babyman said:
:( ................................you don't see the photos now...............you will hear the roar............................:wink:

why didn't the pix work?? :sad:

:hug:

it's a sign...

Mclaren's engine:

WROOOOOOOM WROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM WROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM WROOOOOOOOOOOOOOPFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF
PFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF BOOOOOOM!!!!!.......................................:rant:

:laugh: :laugh:

babyman said:
Mclaren's engine:

WROOOOOOOM WROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM WROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM WROOOOOOOOOOOOOOPFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF
PFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF BOOOOOOM!!!!!.......................................:rant:

:lol:

55431.jpg

55421.jpg

I think Karthikyan is a waste of space. The thing he does well is bitch and moan.... And now he's the testdriver here :tsk: (Oh well, he's just the second testdriver) But Alexander Wurz is a good test driver even though he's soooo tall. And Mark Webber is one of my favorite drivers. I'm sure he'll be alright if the car isn't a piece of crap. And there's the new talent Nico Rosberg(son of...)

But I'm not sure what to think of the new Cosworth engine. I don't think it can be compared to the BMW engine and I hope the team doesn't sink into the oblivion....

Originally posted by Adam'sbaby

I think Karthikyan is a waste of space. The thing he does well is bitch and moan.... And now he's the testdriver here :tsk: (Oh well, he's just the second testdriver) But Alexander Wurz is a good test driver even though he's soooo tall. And Mark Webber is one of my favorite drivers. I'm sure he'll be alright if the car isn't a piece of crap. And there's the new talent Nico Rosberg(son of...)

But I'm not sure what to think of the new Cosworth engine. I don't think it can be compared to the BMW engine and I hope the team doesn't sink into the oblivion.... [/B]

I'm sick of seeing people like Karthikyan, (or Alex Yoong, remember him?:lol:), who come in Formula 1 without having neither a normal driver license maybe! But they're full of sponsors and money, and that's what allow this human encumbrances to be part of the circus! :tsk:

Anyway, I must say I'm really admiring Frank Williams and Patrick Head, they could have easily sell everything at BMW, but they prefered to take the Cosworth and to lose the big sponsors. Well done! Williams has a tradition that can't be sold, I don't believe they will have a nice season this year, but I'm very happy to see someone like Nico Rosberg coming to F1! I hope he will have a long career in F1 and win like his father, this year's is gonna be a hard one, perhaps, but he has the right quality...........:up:
Good luck, Nico!..............................Maybe he comes to us one day, Nico in red!

babyman said:

I'm sick of seeing people like Karthikyan, (or Alex Yoong, remember him?:lol:), who come in Formula 1 without having neither a normal driver license maybe! But they're full of sponsors and money, and that's what allow this human encumbrances to be part of the circus! :tsk:

Anyway, I must say I'm really admiring Frank Williams and Patrick Head, they could have easily sell everything at BMW, but they prefered to take the Cosworth and to lose the big sponsors. Well done! Williams has a tradition that can't be sold, I don't believe they will have a nice season this year, but I'm very happy to see someone like Nico Rosberg coming to F1! I hope he will have a long career in F1 and win like his father, this year's is gonna be a hard one, perhaps, but he has the right quality...........:up:
Good luck, Nico!..............................Maybe he comes to us one day, Nico in red!

Alex Yoong.... I remember him... I even saw him on tv today. He's an A1 driver now. I don't really follow those races but today I saw a fragment. And Alex Yoong was there and he was (what else should we expect) the last driver in the field! I saw him and I thought "wow, he has really improved......not" :lol:

I always have been an admirer of the Williams team. I'm glad they didn't sell out. I just hope they will be able to win again in the future.

As for Nico...

Damn you guys in red... :madspit:
You're already trying to get Kimi.....

Can't we keep Nico? For one of the other teams (Renault, Mclaren....) Y'know, in case Alonso suffers from a nervous breakdown or something.... :wink:

if Kimi goes red my heart will break...

BMW car is interesting.... wondering what's exactly that front part!

babyman said:
Mclaren's engine:

ah
ah
ah

At least we have the BOOM CHA car!!

Adam'sbaby said:

Damn you guys in red... :madspit:
You're already trying to get Kimi.....

Can't we keep Nico? For one of the other teams (Renault, Mclaren....) Y'know, in case Alonso suffers from a nervous breakdown or something.... :wink:

I think Kimi will come to us, I see a very difficult coexistence with Alonso next year, he wont stay at Mercedes, and he can't say no at Ferrari if they'll make a concrete offer, (but they have already, I actually think they're already agree, but the Ferrari style doesn't provide any sort of announcement before the season start like Mclaren does.....................):wink:
Kimi is mature for Ferrari, it would be very interesting to see him with Michael Schumacher for at least a year before Michael might retire. There will be big things for next year at Ferrari, Valentino Rossi could also come................
But one thing is sure...............you can start imagine Kimi dressed up in red.....................:wink:

And Nico.................make him grow up at Williams, within him there's another talent that must get discovered! Take care of him at Williams! I just hope Webber wont get jealous of his teammate, like he was with Heidfeld last year

babyman said:

I think Kimi will come to us, I see a very difficult coexistence with Alonso next year, he wont stay at Mercedes, and he can't say no at Ferrari if they'll make a concrete offer, (but they have already, I actually think they're already agree, but the Ferrari style doesn't provide any sort of announcement before the season start like Mclaren does.....................):wink:
Kimi is mature for Ferrari, it would be very interesting to see him with Michael Schumacher for at least a year before Michael might retire. There will be big things for next year at Ferrari, Valentino Rossi could also come................
But one thing is sure...............you can start imagine Kimi dressed up in red.....................:wink:

And Nico.................make him grow up at Williams, within him there's another talent that must get discovered! Take care of him at Williams! I just hope Webber wont get jealous of his teammate, like he was with Heidfeld last year

I'm afraid you're right. I can already imagine Kimi in red now... As soon as Michael leaves the team as a driver then I will be ok with Kimi as a Ferrari driver but before....I'm not sure. Michael is too powerful and Kimi won't like to be second.

Valentino Rossi!!!!! OMFG No, those are just rumors....really no don't think so... can't imagine... highly unlikely... bikes and Formula 1 cars totally different... I don't get why he would want that... :huh:

Nico at Williams with Cosworth engines: Williams as a breeding farm for talented young drivers! :lol:

^ Vale Rossi in F1 ain't just a rumor, I'm afraid.
He tested a car yesterday, but he drove out of the circuit after 20 seconds...

lady luck said:
^ Vale Rossi in F1 ain't just a rumor, I'm afraid.
He tested a car yesterday, but he drove out of the circuit after 20 seconds...

You're right. I just read about it on a F1 website.

So now he needs to learn to stay on the track with a Formula 1 car....... It's gonna take time before he's ready to race. I think it's weird to see Valentino here in Formula 1 but I guess I'll just have to get used to it.

Well to be fair, I was reading a recent article where an F1 journalist and former touring car driver took his first laps in an F1 and spun perhaps 3 times during 18 hotlaps.

They have so much power it's amazing.

Valentino made an excellent time in Valencia, 1.12.4!
This guy has petrol in his veins, not blood!

Alé! Go Man!!:applaud: :applaud:

Jacques Villeneuve's comment: "He'd better leave Moto GP already this year and come run with us!"

Michael's comment:"He doesn't need my advices, he knows well how it works............."

Vale the new John Surtees!! For sure!

:yes: :yes: :yes:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom