Fernando de Noronha Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
No spoken words said:

And a page later, I tell you to go fuck yourself, but in a really nice way.

Five people told me I was wrong. Honestly, there were so many more voters in there, and I've seen their reasoning before. I can't be convinced that the live versions didn't have something to do with it. Not all of them, but some votes.

I just think Wake Up Dead Man didn't get a fair shake is all. Whatever.

phillyfan26 said:

From here on:

http://forum.interference.com/showthread.php?s=&postid=5002096#post5002096

I essentially, in summary, told everyone who thinks Please and Mofo are the two best songs on Pop that they were too stupid to discern the live versions from the studio versions. I still think it's partially true, but it's much too bold of a statement.

oh i totally agree with that, must be why i didn't remember you insulting people. i commented in that thread that the wrong songs were left.

phillyfan26 said:

Five people told me I was wrong. Honestly, there were so many more voters in there, and I've seen their reasoning before. I can't be convinced that the live versions didn't have something to do with it. Not all of them, but some votes.

I just think Wake Up Dead Man didn't get a fair shake is all. Whatever.

Wake Up Dead Man puts me to sleep. Truly.

No spoken words said:
Wake Up Dead Man puts me to sleep. Truly.

The drums in that song kick my ass and it's got beautiful lyrics. I sincerely enjoy it.

I only think Pop had four good studio tracks. Then again, I hold dislike for every U2 album since The Joshua Tree, so ... yeah.

phillyfan26 said:

The drums in that song kick my ass and it's got beautiful lyrics. I sincerely enjoy it.

I only think Pop had four good studio tracks. Then again, I hold dislike for every U2 album since The Joshua Tree, so ... yeah.

I like the lyrics, too. Still do not like the song. Eh. I'm not a huge Pop fan to begin with.

unico said:
Dear Varitek - stop ruining the board with your teenybopperness. U2 will make an emo album because of you.

Sincerely,
IQ

how am i a teenybopper? sarcastic and cynnical and condescending does not a teenybopper equal.

No spoken words said:

Pretty much. I'm a Jew, as you know, so, that pretty much explains my dislike of the song. It also explains the horns on my head.

I'm an atheist jew and I enjoy WUDM until I think about it too mcuh. which is why I liked DYFL or LNOE better to win pop, I agree that mofo and please are waaaaay better live. So's SATS.

No spoken words said:
Pretty much. I'm a Jew, as you know, so, that pretty much explains my dislike of the song. It also explains the horns on my head.

I'm an anti-semite, as you already know.

unico said:

i've no idea. out of nowhere that dude vomited all over that thread. i calle dhim out on it though bc it made no damn sense.

i'm lost again...which thread? huh? teenybopper? did i get called a teenybopper by mofo82?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom