Fenway Park Superthread!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Axver said:

No, it's due to the fact I need to play the album again!

I'd tell you if I didn't like it. You know how blunt I am.

That's true. I'm just impatient. And a muppet.

coolian2 said:

Fuck carriages, i want railway lines.

I swear, if the second harbour crossing does not involve a rail crossing, there will be hell to pay.

And I don't know how the fuck you're meant to get a commuter line into the eastern suburbs, not with it all being built up already. Trams, perhaps?

Dodgers are playing the Red Sox the last weekend before opening day. Very odd. It's usually the Angels. And they are having the one game at the Coliseum + one or two at Dodger stadium

I'm still putting music into my iTunes so I can properly make a Desert Island playlist. I have maybe 45% of all my music in it currently (3073 songs).

Gotta pack up and drive home. I'll be back online in less than an hour, beautiful people!

hardyharhar said:
Dodgers are playing the Red Sox the last weekend before opening day. Very odd. It's usually the Angels. And they are having the one game at the Coliseum + one or two at Dodger stadium

as a launching pad for japan :drool:

getting up that early is gonna suck tho

Axver said:

I swear, if the second harbour crossing does not involve a rail crossing, there will be hell to pay.

And I don't know how the fuck you're meant to get a commuter line into the eastern suburbs, not with it all being built up already. Trams, perhaps?

Some dick suggested a monorail.

Trams would be alright, certainly an improvement on buses. But i can't see them sparing the road space for trams.

Random question for phanan: Am I going crazy, or is PT's Voyage 34 Phase 1 from about the 2:00 minute mark clearly referencing Another Brick In The Wall?

coolian2 said:

Some dick suggested a monorail.

Trams would be alright, certainly an improvement on buses. But i can't see them sparing the road space for trams.

Anybody who suggests a monorail doesn't know the first thing about railed transport or mass transit in general. MONORAILS DON'T WORK. Especially not as a network. You can get away with them for one or two relatively short lines, but forget a network.

You'd be surprised how well trams can work even on crowded Melbourne streets. Though I say this when I don't have to put up with the mayhem of route 19 on Sydney Road.

Of course, a subway would be ideal, but those cost fucking shitloads. It was hard enough just to get funding for electrification and for reopening the Onehunga Branch!

mysterious_jen said:
hey axver i was down at the bellarine railway today , got inside a steam engine cab

thought of you

:tongue:

I'd be jealous, except I was down at Stony Point and got in the cab of an A class diesel.

Also, HOLY FUCKING SHIT THE STORIES ABOUT FRANKSTON ARE ALL TRUE.

I've sort of stumbled into a nice first disc for my playlist.

Axver, is the minimum 60 minutes for each disc?

Monorails would be perfect down the middle of every freeway in Southern California. I suppose other systems could be used just as well

Axver said:

Anybody who suggests a monorail doesn't know the first thing about railed transport or mass transit in general. MONORAILS DON'T WORK. Especially not as a network. You can get away with them for one or two relatively short lines, but forget a network.

Of course, a subway would be ideal, but those cost fucking shitloads. It was hard enough just to get funding for electrification and for reopening the Onehunga Branch!

I'd be ok with a monorail if it was hubbed, and only stopped a few times on the way to the city. Otherwise, we might as well catch a bus.

I'd sell my soul for an Auckland subway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom