Feel Good Inc = Staring at the Sun?!?!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

grace40streets

The Fly
So I was listening to the song "Feel Good Inc" (Gorillaz) on the radio the other day -- it was only the second time I'd ever heard it, and it occurred to me that the "Windmill windmill" lines of the song (the bridge? sorry....never did get around to taking music theory...) sound EXACTLY like the "summer stretching on the grass" part of "Staring at the Sun"!!!

(lyrics at http://www.sing365.com/music/lyric....ics-Gorillaz/E09E7339AAC138FB48256FDE000B5513 )

Anyone else notice this?
Am I crazy?
(Do /Should Gorillaz give U2 credit on their album?)

hmmmm....
Grace

Zoomerang96 said:
that windmill windmill chorus is beautiful.

Truth be told. I've only recently started listening to Gorillaz but they are excellent. Really love Demon Days, even more than the self-titled.

This has been noticed a few times and, yeah, the vocal melody is identical. Pretty obvious (except to Calluna for some reason). But I would say it is even better than SATS.

Just :drool:

You are being bias if you don't hear it. first time I heard it, I didn't even know it was gorillaz.. and I heard that part and immediately thought of staring at the sun.

It's not a matter of personal opinion, it sounds just like it!

I don't see it. Both songs have an interval of a major second repeating twice, and then two or three notes rising in succession....that's not the same. They're not based in the same key....it's literally like, 5 notes that have a similar pattern.

Why the hell would they CREDIT U2 in the liner notes?????

bsp77 said:

She made me kill myself. C'mon!

ha ha, nice ;)

and, the song does sound like staring at the sun. so what? last nite by the strokes sounds like american girl, vertigo sounds like dirty boots by sonic youth, etc etc . . .

Back
Top Bottom