Favourite Soap? Opera that is... Fess up!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Angel

Elvis' Naughty Angel
Ok, who amongst us has a favourite soap opera???? Come on!! I know there are a few among us.

I myself, have been a fan of General Hospital since waaaaaaay back in the days of Blackie and even Demi Moore! lol I lurve GH. I always say--> I don't read trash, so I am allowed to watch it.

So what's your favourite soap?

I was a total Twin Peaks fanatic when it was on. Even bought Laura's diary.

When I was in school, high school, we were all big on Y & R cause it used to be on at lunchtime....we loved Paul, Brock, Snapper...does everyone remember who played Snapper?

oh me me me me me NEIGHBOURS...oh man ive been watching that since i was about 3 or 4 oooh its great!

I tortured poor manda about what was happening in it- i had 2 neighbours threads and got her to answer all my questions aaw!
smile.gif

Then: Eastenders and Coronation Street and oh deary me i watch too much soaps lol

I used to watch Days, AW, OLTL, AMC, Sunset Beach, and some others on rare occasions.
I had to stop watching them. They get too addicitive.

------------------
you've got to cry without weeping, talk without speaking, scream without raising your voice..

In college I used to watch Days and Passions. They were both so infuriating in their stupidity, but soaps are addictive. And I get Soap Opera Digest for free now, so I read all the articles in that -- It's like candy for my brain!
biggrin.gif

------------------
"I don't particularly like myth, but to me mystery is everything." --The Edge
"Left my sweet soul beneath the bedclothes/ I?m not coming down/ Walls have ears/ but no one hears/ when nobody?s around"--Starsailor

I used to watch One Life To Live and General Hospital. But that phase of my life only lasted about a year. Now I watch all of the shows on HBO and I'm hooked.

Neighbours and Dawsons Creek (im not too sure if that is a Soap or not)

------------------
"we're free to fly the crimson sky...the sun won't melt our wings tonight..."

Kay, I watched Neighbours in my younger days along with Bold & the Beautiful. Would sometimes tune into Young & the Restless and General Hospital.

Fortunately though, I grew up and got some taste.
biggrin.gif

I used to watch Days of Our Lives, but not anymore. I don't like all the teen characters they added.

Those damn teenagers!
mad.gif
biggrin.gif

------------------
I dig my toes into the sand. The ocean looks like a 1,000 diamonds strewn across a blue plain. I lean against the wind, pretend that I am weightless. And in this moment I am happy... happy.

Love,
Emily

I wish you were here.

Visit my webpage for U2 wallpapers:
Emily's Wallpapers

Originally posted by zooropamanda:
Originally posted by bono_man:
Neighbours and Dawsons Creek (im not too sure if that is a Soap or not)

Aren't you worried that you're the only guy posting...

i like to stay in touch with my feminine side.

------------------
"we're free to fly the crimson sky...the sun won't melt our wings tonight..."

I used to watch GH, watched it from the mid 80's until about 3 years ago and I stopped because it got TERRIBLE. No offense to GH fans!

I also used to watch DAYS, but only for about 2 years.

After I stopped GH I started Port Charles (for only one story line) and Now I watch only AMC.

How about right here on Interference?

It sure gets soap-operish (spelling?) sometimes...covers all my needs for soap opera i think.

ps: another Dawson's Creek watcher here!

General Hospital. It's a total guilty pleasure. They keep getting rid of my favorite characters though. Decker, Faison, Jason, Stefan...very frustrating.

*GH spoiler banana*

The word on the street is that the actor who plays Jason has agreed to come back to the show.
Lose not your hope!
You see, though I am just a simple ape, I once worked for ABC daytime, and was the helper ape of a GH actor when he sprained his foot in a freak accident.
Ah, memories!

*banana of reminiscing*

------------------
"You might say I'm the 'top banana'!" ~ myself

I lurve Jason.... Any GH people wanting to start a discussion? lol I *am* serious~!!!!

Used to watch Y&R ALL the time. Now, I haven't seen it in like, a whole year. And I STILL know what's happening. That show moves so slow.

I think ER could be considered a soap.

Originally posted by GrampsMagee:
*GH spoiler banana*

The word on the street is that the actor who plays Jason has agreed to come back to the show.
Lose not your hope!
You see, though I am just a simple ape, I once worked for ABC daytime, and was the helper ape of a GH actor when he sprained his foot in a freak accident.
Ah, memories!

*banana of reminiscing*

Okay, I've heard this rumor so many times now. He comes back for a week or so and then he's gone again. Are you sure he's coming back this time?

I heard this rumour too! I don't care if he comes back just for a bit but forever would be lovely. Such a nice boy to look at. I really hate him and Elizabeth together though, so I hope they don't go down that road again.

Originally posted by The_Sweetest_Thing:
Used to watch Y&R ALL the time. Now, I haven't seen it in like, a whole year. And I STILL know what's happening. That show moves so slow.

I think ER could be considered a soap.
I agree with you _Sweetest_Thingg about ER!

East Enders.

------------------
Keepin it krunk...

There's only room for one and here she comes, here she comes...

Back
Top Bottom