Favourite sequels/?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2girl

Blue Crack Addict
I was watching Die hard series on Croatian TV last week and I was thinking, a lot of sequels are worse than the first part (the last Die Hard movie IMO is the best of the three, a rare treat).

So...which sequels do you like best?

Die hard part 3
Terminator 2
LOTR more recently (even though no.3 dragged on in the end)
Godfather 2
Alien

Airplane 2
Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan
The Empire Strikes Back
Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade
Die Hard 3
Aliens

I was just thinking about this recently and i reckon that one of the best ever series of films are the Back to the future series! :love: :lol:

How could I forget? The Empire strikes back, of course! (and Revenge of the Syth for the first three episodes)

(I was thinking Indiana Jones and Back to the future, are we including those type of movies too? Superman?)

U2girl said:

:lol: I remember that. My friend and I got ready to leave about 5 times during the ending 'cos we thought it'd finished but it just kept going on and on and on... :crack:

I agree about Indiana Jones & The Last Crusade (I hate The Temple of Doom prequel though) and also the Back To The Future films too :up:

Indiana Jones & the Last Crusade :up: - Sean Connery was great!

Back to the Future Part II
Addams Family Values
The Empire Strikes Back
Ghostbusters II
Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan
Spiderman 2
Aliens
Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade
Home Alone 2
Batman Forever
Austin Powers: The Spy Who Shagged Me

Toy Story 2 :rockon:
Indiana Jones and the last Crusade :up:
Back to the Future 3
Return of the King
The Lost World: Jurassic Park
Spider-Man 2

U2girl said:
I was watching Die hard series on Croatian TV last week and I was thinking, a lot of sequels are worse than the first part (the last Die Hard movie IMO is the best of the three, a rare treat).

So...which sequels do you like best?

Die hard part 3
Terminator 2
Godfather 2
Alien

Aliens is one of the best movies ever made......I can see that one over and over again.

Also, the entire "Tremors" series - it doesn't take itself seriously and they're a lot of fun to watch - especially the first one with Kevin Bacon.

LemonMacPhisto said:
Batman Forever

:shocked:

Its great, it has U2 and Seal on the soundtrack... but COME ON... Batman RETURNS is 43 times better (yes, I counted the times)... so this gets a :shame:

pepokiss said:

Its great, it has U2 and Seal on the soundtrack... but COME ON... Batman RETURNS is 43 times better (yes, I counted the times)... so this gets a :shame:

The first two Batmans are the best IMO. That said I have yet to see Batman Begins, I heard it's good.

pepokiss said:

it was a big part of my childhood, so it has to merit some sort of ranking, lol.

The first soundtrack I owned :up:
my first actress crush (nicole kidman in that movie, oh god :drool: )
Jim Carrey and Tommy Lee Jones were great villains, very over the top like the TV series.

watching it now, it doesn't hold up that well, so I might be more inclined to say Batman Returns next time.

(on a side note, the backstories behind the production and development of Batman Forever are very interesting as well. IE: Warner Bros. wanting Bono to have a bit part as MacPhisto, but the band said they'd do a song)

U2girl said:

The first two Batmans are the best IMO. That said I have yet to see Batman Begins, I heard it's good.

It's even better than the first one, and that one was my favorite.

Who could forget the '60s Batman movie?

Adam West!

It's a tossup between Empire Strikes Back/Return Of The Jedi and Back To The Future II/Back To The Future III. They are indisputably the greatest sequels I've ever known.

namkcuR said:
It's a tossup between Empire Strikes Back/Return Of The Jedi and Back To The Future II/Back To The Future III. They are indisputably the greatest sequels I've ever known.

you're my hero.

Back
Top Bottom