Favourite kids tv shows when you were young ...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
My absolute favorite was "Muppet Babies"...I loved that cartoon! I still do! I wish there was a station still showin' it. I have some episodes on tape I watch every now and then. I remember when I was little, and we didn't have cable out in our neck of the woods yet. They had taken "Muppet Babies" off of the regular channels and put it on a cable station (I think Nickelodeon), so my granny used to tape it for me all the time. :)

watched a lot of russian cartoons.they were the only ones, that i could watch, and they were great.really.u should see some.:wink:

I was really into Nickelodeon shows like Hey Dude, Clarissa Explains It All, Double Dare, Salute Your Shorts, etc.

I also liked Muppet Babies, Tiny Toons, and Animaniacs.

Full House
Blossom
My Little Pony
Out Of This World (curious, does ANYONE else remember that show? I've never met anyone, other then my sis who does)
Muppets
Sesame Street
Under The Umbrella Tree
Mr. Dressup
Fred Penner
The Price Is Right
Size Small Island
You Can't Do That On Television
Clarissa
Fraggle Rock
Who's The Boss
Perfect Strangers
Charles In Charge
Family Matters

My days as a TV junkie started young...

FallingStar said:
The Smurfs! (<---or whatever they are called in the US)

Yup, they are the smurfs! :yes:

This is a general rundown of what my brother and I would watch in the 80's...
Knight Rider
CHiPS
Head of the class (had a crush on Simone)
WKRP in Cincinatti
Charles in Charge
Who's the boss
My two dads (on occasion)
Pinwheel (Nickelodeon when the network 1st started)
Today's Special (also a Nickelodeon 1st)
You can't do that on television
Fraggle Rock (during the free HBO weekends)
Muppets

Yup, I think that's about it. I also ended up watching Brittish shows like The Young Ones and Monty Python even though I was still kinda too young for it heh heh.

Amigone said:
Out Of This World (curious, does ANYONE else remember that show? I've never met anyone, other then my sis who does)

Omigawd! :hyper: I used to watch that all the time! It's the show where the girl's dad is a space alien and she could freeze time whenever she wanted right? I remember I always wanted to put my two index fingers together and freeze time like her. I also though she was a cutie too.

Amigone said:

Yep - I remember that one, I thought Evie was the coolest......

I was a big Charles in Charge fan too, forgot about that one :)

Amigone said:

:yes:

I thought that show was cool.

I loved:
Disney's Gummi Bears
Ducktales
Chip and Dale's rescue rangers
Ghostbusters (the cartoon)
Brady Bunch
Square Pegs (VH1 was rerunning this a while back)
Facts of Life
Saved by the Bell
Cosby
Cheers
3-2-1 Contact
Square One (it helped me with math)
The Electric Company
The Alf Cartoon (the show itself annoyed me)
Bugs Bunny
Tom and Jerry
Casper the Friendly Ghost
Land of the Lost

Pee Wee's Playhouse!!!!!!:happy:

I was also a huge Where in the World is Carmen San Diago? fan. Belive that.
Jem and the Hollagrams also rocked the hizzy fo shizzy.

I remember watching Alf when I was little on occasion.

Giant Lemon, I watched a lot of those shows, too-"Hey, Dude", "Clarissa", and then those game shows like "Legends Of The Hidden Temple" and "Nick Arcade".

Other shows I watched:

Eureka's Castle
Under The Umbrella Tree (I take pride in the fact that I still remember Gloria Gopher's full name :D)
Fraggle Rock
Care Bears
Pee-Wee Herman (that was when I was really little)
Mister Rogers' Neighborhood
Sesame Street
Barney
Inspector Gadget
Rugrats
Doug
You Can't Do That On Television
That one show with the girl named Sandy and the koala bears who came to life...oh, what was the name of it-Nuzzles or something like that?
Gummi Bears
Muppet Babies
Garfield and Friends

And okay...does anyone else here remember a show called "Kids Court"? It used to be on Nickelodeon really early in the morning on Saturdays, at, like, 5 am. I watched that show all the time-seems I'm the only one who remembers it, though.

And I also remember watching shows on Nick at Nite, too, like "Get Smart" and "Mork and Mindy", and I remember they had reruns of "Laugh In" that I used to watch all the time as well, and I also watched "Full House" (someone mentioned "Saved By The Bell"-am I, like, one of very few people who never watched that show?).

And I also watched MTV a lot (back in the days when MTV was actually cool)...my dad, sister, and I would all watch "Beavis and Butt-head" when I was little, too (yeah, that's not really a "kids" show, but...I definitely remember watching it).

Angela

Moonlit_Angel said:
And okay...does anyone else here remember a show called "Kids Court"? It used to be on Nickelodeon really early in the morning on Saturdays, at, like, 5 am. I watched that show all the time-seems I'm the only one who remembers it, though.

(someone mentioned "Saved By The Bell"-am I, like, one of very few people who never watched that show?).

YES!! Kids' Court came on right before or right after Mr. Wizard!!

I never watched Saved by the Bell until I was in college. :reject:

so many memories...

The Racoons
Captain Planet
Dogtanian & the three Muskehounds
Danger Mouse
Button Moon
Knightmare
Grange Hill
Around the World with Willy Fog
Inspector Gadget
Thomas The Tank Engine
Thundercats
Wacky Races
Scooby-Doo

...a beautiful blend of culture

The Twilight Zone
Alfred Hitchcock Presents
WKRP in Cincinnati
The Little Prince
Belle and Sebastian
Mysterious Cities of Gold (I have all the episodes on vcd :hyper: )
Knight Rider
Fraggle Rock
The Smurfs

I know there are others, but I can't think of them. :slant:

Ah, good, I'm not alone-other people saw "Kids Court" too! Yay!

I remember "Mr. Wizard" as well.

Meegannie, you watched "Alfred Hitchcock Presents"? That show scared me so much when I was little.

I didn't watch "The Twilight Zone" when I was little, but I watch it now. I love that show.

Angela

there's tons of shows I saw: But I got really addicted to Saint Seiya. That cartoon rocked my 13year old world :sigh:

Special mention:

The Smurfs
Brady Bunch
Saved by the bell
Sesame Street (with this show I learned a lot of words in english) :heart:
Barney :)
Tom & Jerry
Garfield
Hi-Man and Shira

*edited 'cos I forgot to mention the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles :D I was obsessed with Leonardo :coocoo:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom