favourite font!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

elevatedmole

Rock n' Roll Doggie
I'm a font addict. I also love Tahoma -- it is basically the same as Verdana, isn't it?

------------------
"You must not look down on someone just 'cos they are 14 years old. When I was that age I listened to the music of John Lennon and it changed my way of seeing things, so I'm just glad that 14 year olds are coming to see U2 rather than group X." - Bono, 1988

Papyrus i like the i's in that font
biggrin.gif

I'm rather fond of Comic Sans MS.

------------------
"Hallelujah, Heaven's white rose,
The doors you open...I just can't close..."

I used to love Mead Bold, and I still do, but now I use Tahoma for everything, just like you.
smile.gif

------------------
~*~?~*~ Katie ~*~?~*~
"Now America looks smart and, dare I say it, sexy again." ~ Bono, 2000

She is the dreamer
She's imagination

I'm addicted to fonts too...I don't think I can pick just one favorite one.

As far as reading things on a computer screen, like in chat, my favorite is arial, just cuz it's easer to read, but some of my favorite fonts are:

avant guarde
bauhaus
broadway
brush script
futura book
mattisse
papyrus
spring
snell roundhand black
copperplate
zapf dingbats

------------------
Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one.
-Albert Einstein

Bangkok

And one that I used to have but it seemed like I was the only one in the whole world that actually had this font; Penguin.

what's your favourite font?

i use tahoma for everything. my pc is set up to display everything it can in tahoma.

here's what microsoft says about tahoma. i like it
smile.gif

from microsoft

Tahoma

family variant - Tahoma version 2.30 for Windows
created by - Matthew Carter
font vendor - Microsoft Corp.
number of characters - 1193
other variants - Tahoma Bold

about version 2.30 - No version specific information is currently available.

other versions - 1.00, 2.25, 2.26, 2.30
products - Access 2000, Access 97 SR2, Bookshelf 2000, Close Combat 3 - The Russian Front, Encarta Encyclopedia Deluxe 99, Encarta Virtual Globe 99, Excel 2000, Expedia Streets and Trips 2000, FrontPage 2000, Greetings 99, Home Publishing 99, MapPoint 2000, Money 99 Deluxe, Money 99 Standard, Office 2000 Premium, Office 97 Small Business Edition SR2, Office 97 SR1a, PhotoDraw 2000, Picture It! 99, PowerPoint 2000, Publisher 2000, Publisher 98, Visual Basic 6.0 Enterprise, Visual Basic 6.0 Learning, Visual Basic 6.0 Professional, Visual FoxPro 6.0, Visual Studio 6.0 Enterprise, Windows 98, Windows 98 Second Edition, Word 2000, Works 4.5a

About the font

Tahoma is one of Microsoft's new sans serif typeface families. It consists of two Windows TrueType fonts (regular and bold), and was created to address the challenges of on-screen display, particularly at small sizes in dialog boxes and menus.

Since the Tahomas are TrueType fonts, they can be rotated and scaled to any size, and anti-aliased by the rasterizer built into Microsoft Windows 95 and Microsoft Windows NT 4.0. These features give the fonts significant advantages over bitmap system fonts such as MS Sans Serif.

Designed by world renowned type designer Matthew Carter, and hand-instructed by leading hinting expert, Monotype's Tom Rickner, Tahoma sets new standards in system font design. It is ideal for use in User Interface Scenarios and other situations requiring the presentation of information on the screen.

? 2002 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved. Terms of use.
comments to the MST group: ttwsite@microsoft.com

thank you microsoft and matthew carter!
smile.gif

------------------
pssst: gravity pushes.

[This message has been edited by kobayashi (edited 03-24-2002).]

Perpetua

family variant - Perpetua version 1.75 for Windows
created by - Eric Gill
font vendor - Agfa Monotype Corporation
other variants - Perpetua Bold

other versions - 1.00, 1.75
products - Access 97 SR2, Greetings 99, Home Publishing 99, Office 2000 Premium, Office 97 Small Business Edition SR2, Office 97 SR1a, PhotoDraw 2000, Picture It! 99, Publisher 2000, Publisher 97, Publisher 98

About the font

A sensitive adaptation of a style of letter that had been popularized for monumental work in stone by Eric Gill. Large scale drawings by Gill were given to Charles Malin, a Parisian punch-cutter, and his hand cut punches were the basis for the font issued by Monotype. The incised quality of Perpetua will lend distinction to any work compatible with its serenity. First used in a private translation called 'The Passion of Perpetua and Felicity'; the italic was originally called Felicity. Widely used as a text face in quality books, Perpetua is also very popular in advertising and display work

[This message has been edited by ACROB@T (edited 03-24-2002).]

this is a really funny thread, but it has a lot of meaning when you do web sites! I found some cool Celtic fonts, mostly have to use them in Flash I guess, but they are so neat. I keep using Blackadder because it reminds me of Ireland and England.

Any of you fontaholics try www.acidfonts.com? I just heard about it from a friend and haven't tried it yet...tons of free fonts!

------------------
Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one.
-Albert Einstein

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom