Favorite quote from a movie

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
From "Harvey":

Years ago my mother used to say to me, she'd say, "In this world, Elwood, you must be" -- she always called me Elwood -- "In this world, you must be oh so smart or oh so pleasant." Well, for years I was smart. I recommend pleasant. And you may quote me

I'm sappy...

From little Johnny Lego in The Pest:

'But now, if I was poisoned, I wouldn't be able to do this'.........followed by his mad dancing before he drops dead.....

biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

rolleyes.gif

I have tons because I am a movie nut....

From Solyent Green "It's people, Solyent Green is People"

From Fargo "Awwwww Hun, You got Arby's on me"

From Goodfella's "What, you think I'm funny like a clown?"

------------------
***Spinny***
"I don't know about you, but I feel good about the fact that I still haven't found what I'm looking for"-Bono, 1987

"Be uncool, yes be akward!"

Originally posted by spinninghead77:
From Goodfella's "What, you think I'm funny like a clown?"

Gone with the Wind: "See, that's your problem Scarlett. You should be kissed, often and by someone who knows how."

Um, more later...it's too early for me. lol

------------------
Stay with the demons you drowned
Stay with the spirit I found
Stay and the night would be enough

mauhauahauh! Happy Gilmore:

Chubs: "They wouldn't let me play on the pro tour anymore."

Happy: "I'm sorry....because you're black?"

Chubs: "Hell NO! Damn ALLIGATOR bit my HAND OFF!"

Happy" "OH MY GAAHHD"

Best movie ever.

SOLDIER Halt! Who goes there?
ARTHUR It is I, Arthur, son of Uther Pendragon, from the castle of Camelot. King of all Britons, defeator of the Saxons, sovereign of all England! Pause.
SOLDIER Get away!
ARTHUR I am... And this my trusty servant, Patsy. We have ridden the length and breadth of the land in search of knights who will join our court at Camelot.. I must speak with your lord and master.
SOLDIER What? Ridden on a horse?
ARTHUR Yes!
SOLDIER You're using coconuts!
ARTHUR ...What?
SOLDIER You've got two empty halves of coconuts and you're banging them together.
ARTHUR (Scornfully) So? We have ridden since the snows of winter covered this land, through the kingdom of Mercea.
SOLDIER Where did you get the coconuts?
ARTHUR Through ... We found them.
SOLDIER Found them? In Mercea. The coconut's tropical!
ARTHUR What do you mean?
SOLDIER Well, this is a temperate zone.
ARTHUR The swallow may fly south with the sun, or the house martin or the plover seek warmer hot lands in winter, yet these are not strangers to our land.
SOLDIER Are you suggesting coconuts migrate?

------------------
Mone

You ain't nothin without a rhythm section to back you up.

"What Adam does with his willy is his business..." -Bono

"They could be anarchists fascists. It still doesn't change the fact that I don't own a car." -Ferris Bueller
"I've got a dragon and I'm not afraid to use it, I'm a donkey on the edge!" - Shrek
"I rule." - American Beauty
"You're gonna need a bigger boat." ? Jaws
"It's just a flesh wound."-Monty Python and the Holy Grail
"Does Barry Manilow know you raid his wardrobe?" ? The Breakfast Club
"Hi. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die." - Princess Bride
"I believe you have my stapler." ? Office Space
"Go find yourself a nice little cowgirl, make cow babies and leave me alone!" ? The Last Seduction [loveth loveth loveth this movie]

------------------
Mone

You ain't nothin without a rhythm section to back you up.

"What Adam does with his willy is his business..." -Bono

"You are trying to kidnap what I have rightfully stolen!"
-Princess Bride

"I will find you. No matter how long it takes, no matter how far. I will find you."
-Last of the Mohicans

"He's not a boy; he's a man....The man from Snowy River."
-should be obvious
wink.gif

"Alcohol is a great leveller. It makes you my equal."
-Jimmy Stewart to Cary Grant in "The Philadelphia Story"

Anyone seen the movie Tommy Boy?? My fav. line from there is when the girl and him are on the lil boat and some kids make fun of his weight and the girl gets up and screams
"I KNOW WHERE YOU LIVE AND I'VE SEEN WHERE YOU SLEEP.SO HELP ME YOUR MOTHERS WILL CRY WHEN THEY SEE WHAT I'VE DONE TO YOU!!"

and ofcourse
"Welcome to my house! Enter freely. Go safely, and leave something of the happiness you bring!" <---that's from Bram Stoker's Dracula

LOL... I could go on forever about Tommy Boy, or Chris Farley in general!!

Oh my pretty little pets.... I love you!

Fat man in a little coat!!

That's gonna leave a mark!

Tommy likey!

Richard? Who was your favorite little rascal? Spanky?

And of course... you can never forget Matt Foley the Motivational Speaker!!

"Am I buggin' you? I don't mean to bug ya."

------------------
"You must not look down on someone just 'cos they are 14 years old. When I was that age I listened to the music of John Lennon and it changed my way of seeing things, so I'm just glad that 14 year olds are coming to see U2 rather than group X." - Bono, 1988

"You want the truth? You can't handle the truth." - A few good men, Jack Nicholson

The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he, who in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who would attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee.
-- Pulp Fiction(1994)

But, I'm funny how? Funny like a clown? I amuse you? I make you laugh? I'm here to fuckin' amuse you?

Tyler Durden: First rule of Fight Club, you do not talk about Fight Club. Second rule of Fight Club, you DO NOT talk about Fight Club. Third rule of Fight Club, when someone says "stop" or goes limp, the fight is over. Fourth rule of Fight Club, only two guys to a fight. Fifth rule of Fight Club, one fight at a time. Sixth rule of Fight Club, no shirt, no shoes. Seventh rule of Fight Club, fights go on as long as they have to. Eighth and final rule of Fight Club, if this is your first night at Fight Club, you have to fight.

Bubba: Anyway, like I was sayin', shrimp is the fruit of the sea. You can barbecue it, boil it, broil it, bake it, sautee it. Dey's uh, shrimp-kabobs, shrimp creole, shrimp gumbo. Pan fried, deep fried, stir-fried. There's pineapple shrimp, lemon shrimp, coconut shrimp, pepper shrimp, shrimp soup, shrimp stew, shrimp salad, shrimp and potatoes, shrimp burger, shrimp sandwich. That- that's about it.

------------------
Dr. Evil: When I get angry, Mr. Bigglesworth gets upset. And when Mr. Bigglesworth gets upset... people die!

Princess Bride

Inigo Montoya:
"My name is Inigo Montoya, you killed my father prepare to die"

& from same moive:

Westley/The Dread Pirate Roberts:
"True love has never been a snap."

"The candle represents life. All life. We're all born as molecules in the hearts of a billion stars, molecules that do not understand politics, policies and differences. In a billion years we, foolish molecules forget who we are and where we came from. In desperate acts of ego we give ourselves names, fight over lines on maps. And pretend our light is better than everyone else's. The flame reminds us of the piece of those stars that live inside us. A spark that tells us: you should know better. The flame also reminds us that life is precious, as each flame is unique. When it goes out, it's gone forever. And there will never be another quite like it. So many candles will go out tonight. I wonder some days if we can see anything at all."

Well it's not from a movie, it's actually from the TV show Babylon 5, but i was just thinking about how much i love it so i thought i'd post it.

Welcome to the Dollhouse:

"Wanna see my fingers?"

"You mean....INTERCOURSE?"

"Just because he's a faggot doesn't mean he's an asshole"

Although not a movie....Fawlty Towers is the best for hilarious quotes:

German lady: You speak German?
Basil: Oh, German! I'm sorry, I thought there was something wrong with you. Of course, the Germans!
~~~~~
Mr H: Could you make me a Waldorf salad.
Basil: Oh... a... Wa...?
Mr H: Waldorf salad.
Basil: I think we're just out of Waldorfs.
~~~~
Basil: Hello? - Ah, yes, Mr O'Reilly, well it's perfectly simple. When I asked you to build me a wall I was rather hoping that instead of just dumping the bricks in a pile you might have found time to cement them together ... you know, one on top of another, in the traditional fashion.
~~~~
Sybil: O'Reilly, I have seen more intelligent creatures than you lying on their backs at the bottoms of ponds. I have seen better organized creatures than you running round farmyards with their heads cut off. Now collect your things and get out. I never want to see you or any of your men in my hotel again.
~~~~
[Ronald, a young boy, complains about the fries.]
Ronald: They're the wrong shape.
Basil: Oh dear. What shape do you usually have? Mickey Mouse shape? Smarties shape? Amphibious landing craft shape? Poke in the eye shape?
~~~~
Sister: The doctor's coming.
Basil: [jumps up] My God! A doctor? I mean, here in the hospital? Whatever can we do?
~~~~
Basil: I've laid it on the line for you time and time again....now...I'm going to give you a damn good thrashing!
~~~~
Basil: Hallo! You know, we were at cross purposes just now, there you were talking about sex, and I thought you were talking about walks. NOT SEX!! Holidays. Holidays. Sex! Ha, ha, ha...

From Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas:

"One toke? You poor fool, wait till you see those goddamn bats!"

------------------
Keepin it krunk...

There's only room for one and here she comes, here she comes...

Travis Bickle: You talkin' to me? You talkin' to me? You talkin' to me? Then you the hell else are you talkin' to? You talkin' to me? Well I'm the only one here. Who do you think you're talking to? Oh yeah? Huh? O.K.

Pretty Woman- something along the lines of:

Vivian: The fairy tale happens, Kit? To who? Give me an example of someone we know.

Kit: You want, like, a name? A name. A name... oh, the pressure.....of a name. Cinder- f*&kin'-rella.

The Rock:

Goodspeed: I drive a Volvo, a beige one, so why don't you cut me some friggin' slack!

Sean Connery: "Your 'best'? Losers always whine about their best. Winners go home an f&^% the prom queen.

Princess Bride:
Valerie: "I'm not a witch, I'm your wife, and I don't even know if I want to be that anymore."

[This message has been edited by Peaseblossom (edited 03-27-2002).]

Just one of my favorites-have to post an *edited* version-Kevin Costner(Crash Davis) in Bull Durham

Well, I believe in the soul, the small of a woman's back, the hanging curve ball, high fiber, good scotch, that the novels of Susan Sontag are self-indulgent, overrated crap. I believe Lee Harvey Oswald acted alone. I believe there ought to be a constitutional amendment outlawing Astroturf and the designated hitter. I believe in the sweet spot, opening your presents Christmas morning rather than Christmas Eve and I believe in long, slow, deep, soft, wet kisses that last three days. Goodnight.

Kevin Costner in Bull Durham when he learns that he has been sent down to "A" ball:

Crash Davis: "Well, fuck this fuckin game!...I fuckin quit."

------------------
me3

Don't get sentimental
It always ends up drivel

Bedevere: "How do you know she's a witch?"
Man: "She turned me into a newt! ...... (sheepishly) I got better"
- Holy Grail

(from memory, prolly not exact)
"Don't you love it when you're thinking about a plate of shrimp, and then someone says 'plate' or 'shrimp' or 'plate of shrimp'" - Repo Man

Doc: "We've got to get this woman to a hospital"
Stewardess: "A hospital? What is it?"
Doc: "It's a big building with patients, but that's not important right now"
- Airplane (Flying High)

"It's in the hole"
- Caddyshack

Back
Top Bottom