Favorite One Hit Wonder + Another question about One Hit Wonders

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hello,

Many of the artists mentioned here are not truly One Hit Wonders as many had more than one hit (charting) single (A-ha, Crowded House, The Verve, New Radicals).
My vote for favourite One Hit Artist would be Lou Reed. Yes, he's made many great albums (and songs), but he has only charted once, with Walk On The Wild Side. So in that sense he is just a One Hit Wonder.

C ya!

Marty

When i was a child , i had a .....f....avourite song for awhile called "Final countdown " by Europe , it was my favourite song , till i saw video for it , hair band of 80s

Im not offended Nate but yeah Crowded house were pretty big all around the world, including the States.

Doin The Do.. Betty Boo
Blame it on the Rain.. Milli Vanilli
Walkin on Sunshine.. Katrina and the Waves
Ring My Bell..Colette
Touch Me..Samantha Fox
that one by Bros
that one by Johnny Hates Jazz
Hand on your Heart..Kylie Minogue
Heartbeat..Don Johnson

ok so I lied

Um, I'm a huge Crowded House/Neil Finn fan, and believe me there are more than 4 of us.

I like a number of one hit wonders, but I might pick The Church, whose hit was Under the Milky Way. Such a beautiful dreamy song. Then again, one hit wonder makes it sound like not only did they only have one hit (or one internationally known hit...or one hit in America...sometimes that seems like it's all that matters), but that was their only good song. I have two albums by The Church, both of which are very good, and Starfish, where Under the Milky Way comes from, is excellent top to bottom. There's a brilliant song called Reptile which I adore.

Tommy TuTone-Jenny jenny 867 5309:up:

Corey Heart-Sunglasses At Night..

The Reflex-The Politics Of Dancing:up:

:|

Popmartijn said:

Many of the artists mentioned here are not truly One Hit Wonders as many had more than one hit (charting) single (A-ha, Crowded House, The Verve, New Radicals).

I agree with that and I also have to say that this depends on where you are.In Russia where I live David Usher may be a One Hit Wonder with his Black Black Heart but I'm told he's big in his
native Canada,so it really depends.

Another question about One Hit Wonders

Daisybean's thread gave me the idea of this one :).Has it ever happened to you that you became interested in a band/singer you had never heard of (and which wasn't really well-known in your country)just because of their one and only hit which kept haunting you for so long that you finally decided you wanted to hear more of their music? And was that rewarding?

Im not offended, but I am Tim Finn's cousin

Im not offended, but yeah Im Tim Finn's cousin from Splitenz/crowded house and they are such great people in real compared to some of the friggin' bastards of ROck these friggn' days, and I know their not U2, but they're legends hehe, and ofcourse I know em' well and they're the nicest people ever..........lol I, just like all of ya, so happen to be a great U2 fan,,,,,,,,,bless us all.....

:tongue:

Last edited:
scatteroflight said:

I like a number of one hit wonders, but I might pick The Church, whose hit was Under the Milky Way. Such a beautiful dreamy song. Then again, one hit wonder makes it sound like not only did they only have one hit (or one internationally known hit...or one hit in America...sometimes that seems like it's all that matters), but that was their only good song. I have two albums by The Church, both of which are very good, and Starfish, where Under the Milky Way comes from, is excellent top to bottom. There's a brilliant song called Reptile which I adore.

You are so right, especially about The Church. "Under the Milky Way" is such a wonderful song, but not by a long shot their only good or even great song. Starfish certainly is excellent top to bottom as are several of their others, such as Heyday ; Priest = Aura ; Hologram of Baal ; After Everything Now This ; and their brand new one, Forget Yourself . All exquisite albums.

UltravioletU2 said:
I :heart: Whiter Shade of Pale...beautiful song.

:yes:.

Procol Harum also had another song called "Conquistador"...but eh, anyway...yes, "Whiter Shade Of Pale" is an awesome song. I love the music in it.

I agree with a lot of these songs being mentioned (heh, funny you're all talking about Crowded House...I heard "Don't Dream It's Over" a few minutes ago).

"Rock Me Amadeus" is a funky little tune.

As is "Pop Muzik" ("New York, London, Paris, Munich..."...yep. Fun little song). :dance:.

Was "Whip It" mentioned? I can't remember. That's a cool song, too.

Angela

Back
Top Bottom