Favorite non-U2 concert

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

I'm Ready

War Child
for me it has to be a tie between the who(well whats left:( ) and the bob dylan show i went to last night

i've been to a ton of shows

and believe it or not, i'd have to say duran duran at the joint in las vegas last april

i don't know...something about that show was just so much FUN

:reject: I know I will be CRUCIFIED for this, but truly for content & company, the best show I've been to in a while was Puddle of Mudd/Nickelback/Three Doors Down in 2003.

*Blu prepares to run for her life :uhoh: *

Man...that's a hard question. The Rolling Stones on the Bridges To Babylon tour was just such a spectacle...so amazing...and my first Stones show. However, my first Ryan Adams show back in 2002 was basically a life-altering event, so...damn. Push come to shove, I'd have to say Ryan.

I can't decide between the Oasis show I was at last month or the Aerosmith show I saw last year :reject: Aerosmith was incredible, maybe because I was so close I was literally touching them the whole time. I was amazed at what amazing shape Steven Tyler is in (physically and vocally), he was running around doing backflips and jumping on a trapeze and he still has that voice.

Kings of leon in cardiff last saturday, was right by the front and it was great. wish they could have supported u2 in europe :(

Some of my favorites:

Coldplay - A Rush of Blood To The Head - Atlanta March 2003 *Front of stage on the rail :drool:*

Doves - 2002- Last Broadcast tour- Atlanta

Duran Duran - 2003 Atlanta

John Mayer - 2004 - Atlanta

Snow Patrol - 2005 - Atlanta

Pete Yorn - 2003 - Atlanta

Damien Rice - 2003 - Atlanta and Boston

Sting - 1993 - Atlanta

radiohead - 1997

nine inch nails - 1998

amen - 2001

and...

motorhead - 2000 (i should have brought earplugs for that one)

Se7en said:
you're fuckin' crazy!!! :heart:
:lmao:

yeah, i looked at that list after i submitted it and thought, 'shit, that looks kinda hardcore.' i SWEAR, i'm totally NOT a motorcycle bitch. i went with my boyfriend at the time, who was really into all that.

they were AWESOME shows though. :up:

Bonochick said:
Man...that's a hard question. The Rolling Stones on the Bridges To Babylon tour was just such a spectacle...so amazing...and my first Stones show. However, my first Ryan Adams show back in 2002 was basically a life-altering event, so...damn. Push come to shove, I'd have to say Ryan.

I'm so proud to have taken you to that. ;)

For me, this is a hard one, but I'd say Bruce Springsteen, front row (in front of Little Steven :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: ) on The Rising tour, 2002.

LarryMullen's_POPAngel said:

For me, this is a hard one, but I'd say Bruce Springsteen, front row (in front of Little Steven :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: ) on The Rising tour, 2002.

Damn, front row. I can see why!

Mine is Springsteen, of course, at Fenway Park. I wasn't front row, but I was still close.

Man, too hard of a question. I notice I always go to concerts and if they're good I come out saying something like "That's one of the best shows I've ever been to"....

If I had to choose really quick without thinking about it, I'd say these:

Radiohead 2003 SLC
Curiosa Festival (The Cure of course being the highlight) 2004 SLC

Coldplay - January 2003
The White Stripes - June 2003
A Perfect Circle - May 2004
Crossroads Guitar Festival Cotton Bowl Concert (look it up if you don't already know) - June 2004
Keane - January 2005
Muse - May 2005

Coldplay and APC are probably tops.

Yeah, tough question, 'sif we can pick favourites!

Having said that:

Silverchair Apr 2004
Tori Amos May 2005
John Butler Trio sometime 2004
The Eagles Nov 2004
Fleetwood Mac Feb 2004
Boney M Sep 2002 (not really a fan but.. we got to dance with them on stage :p)

Any other fans of this lot?

The Crowded House farewell concert at Sydney Opera House steps was awesome as well, great atmosphere and I was still sorta into them at that stage..

Zihua said:
The Crowded House farewell concert at Sydney Opera House steps was awesome as well, great atmosphere and I was still sorta into them at that stage..

:ultracompleteutterabsolutemegajealousy:

That's right at the top of my list of "gigs I really would've loved to have gone to".

Decemeber 2 2004 - Finn Brothers @ State Theatre was utterly amazing. Although I will say Midnight Oil headling a benifit gig here in Sydney completely blew me away...

So toss a coin. :toss:

U2 popmart 1997-LA (I also had to state this cause it changed my life) (also every other u2 show) :)

Doves - Some cities tour LA
Radiohead- LA and San Diego Shows (last tour)
Magnetic Fields - 2004- LA
Bjork - 2003 -LA (She's amazing live)

Yeah. Those were some of the best shows I've seen thus far...

Peter Gabriel 6th row Secret World Tour then luckily enough PG at the Tower in Philadelphia a day before Woodstock.
Better than anything.
Ever.

#1 with a bullet:

Pink Floyd, Foxboro, MA 5-18-94

Honorable mentions:

Springsteen solo & w/E Street
Peter Gabriel x3
U2 x17
Finn Bros x2/Neil Finn x2

The Floyd show changed my life, no exaggeration.

Radiohead, HTTT tour.

Runners up:
Bjork- Greatest Hits and Homogenic Tours
Tori Amos- Choirgirl Hotel Tour
Moby- Play tour
Pearl Jam- Yield tour
Beck- Midnite Vultures
Garbage- Version 2.0 tour

Interpol this year was pretty cool as well.
Flaming Lips were quite good as well. They were definitely the best opener I've ever seen, when they opened for Beck.

Hope I'm not forgetting anyone.

Back
Top Bottom